Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I personally am not saying I hate wide noses, although I admit they're not my ideal, but just saying they are considered unattractive for a woman in the conventional standard of beauty.

I am aware both African American and other African women, from East and North Africa, have more 'Caucasian' noses. The body type in Ethiopia or Kenya or Tanzania is way different to the type in Senegal. Much slimmer. In the case of American blacks, those with sharper noses tend to have more white genes, like Pam Grier or something (even though Pam was fairly dark). Pure Nigerians almost always have the broad nose.
I think round is a better description and it's not just black Africans but East and southeast Asians also have this feature. Tho as some one pointed out some black African groups have pointer noses too tho it's less common. I'm a artist and have drawn enough portraits.

I'm open to date anyone of any background have done so, but I admit I have a bias for black women because I'm a black male. I don't believe there should be a conventional standard of beauty especial considering we live in a diverse World. Often that can be the larger or dominate ethnic group pushing there features as a standard over other groups, and this may not even be on purpose. And I'm not even a Marxist but I'm just saying that's really what's going on. Parents just need to teach there kids not to fall for the okey doke.

Asian Double Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) - Why? - YouTube

Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm a woman so my appearance matters very much in society. While I'm young its very important that I try to be pretty
You can only be as pretty as you can nyanna, as you are, would you spend the rest of your life seeking something that you feel you can never be?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Putting up pictures of attractive West African women would make for a compelling argument.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I personally am not saying I hate wide noses, although I admit they're not my ideal, but just saying they are considered unattractive for a woman in the conventional standard of beauty.

I am aware both African American and other African women, from East and North Africa, have more 'Caucasian' noses. The body type in Ethiopia or Kenya or Tanzania is way different to the type in Senegal. Much slimmer. In the case of American blacks, those with sharper noses tend to have more white genes, like Pam Grier or something (even though Pam was fairly dark). Pure Nigerians almost always have the broad nose.
I am African American and I have a broad nose. There are plenty of African Americans who have round noses, not all of us look mixed.

but thank you for telling me that I am ugly in a conventional sense. I appreciate that

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

445 posts, read 864,530 times
I don't understand what Nyanna is waiting on. The perfect black guy who adores "black featured" women? The beauty standard changing to fit her looks? For her to go to sleep and wake up looking like Halle Berry? For white people to discover what they've been missing? What's going on here?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
I don't understand what Nyanna is waiting on. The perfect black guy who adores "black featured" women? The beauty standard changing to fit her looks? For her to go to sleep and wake up looking like Halle Berry? For white people to discover what they've been missing? What's going on here?
I am sick and tired of people talking about how Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women just because they have thin noses and soft hair. I am tired of being made to feel ugly all the time because I don't look mixed

Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM

445 posts, read 864,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am sick and tired of people talking about how Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women just because they have thin noses and soft hair. I am tired of being made to feel ugly all the time because I don't look mixed
I don't really know how you can solve the problem of feeling ugly all the time because "people" are praising women who don't look like you. Who are these people? Do their opinions effect your self-esteem when you go out and try to get dates and stuff? Are you getting interest from the kind of guys you want or do you think your kind of looks are preventing you from your ideal guy. I'm not trying to get personal but I'm just trying to understand.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I don't really know how you can solve the problem of feeling ugly all the time because "people" are praising women who don't look like you. Who are these people? Do their opinions effect your self-esteem when you go out and try to get dates and stuff? Are you getting interest from the kind of guys you want or do you think your kind of looks are preventing you from your ideal guy. I'm not trying to get personal but I'm just trying to understand.
Yes, their opinions greatly affect my self esteem. Most guys want women who are as close to the ideal as possible. and yes I do feel my looks are preventing me from being happy and meeting someone who wants a relationship with me

Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:

Ohhh trust me....we've ALL tried and tried and tried....

Your logic and reasoning will only be met with irrationality

Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Sorry to intrude. I was breezing past and noticed this thread pop up. We had a young lady stay with us as a nanny some years back who was from Sierra Leone (west Africa I think). She was the blackest person I ever saw and also one of the most beautiful. Perfect skin, absolutely jet black which probably hides any blemishes or imperfections that we all have. She always seemed to turn heads when we all went out to dinner together. If she was not so shy, she would have not been able to be a nanny becuase she woudl have always been out on dates. I think she ended up marrying one of her college professors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa