Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM

299 posts, read 566,169 times

Advertisements

I went to the post office to get a P.O. box recently.. I was told they need 3 forms of ID to give me a postal box.. And they don't accept social security cards.. ( too easy to forge ).. I didn't have my voter registration card on me.. They said "no problem" .. and gave me a voter registration form to fill out so I would be mailed one.. I said no thanks, I'd find mine.. But I read over the form anyway.. It gets your address and asks for your social security #, but then it says if you don't have a social security # then you can write in your driver's license (or state ID) #, and then it ends by saying .. to my astonishment .. " if you have none of the above " to simply write in "none".. and mail it in..

And you wonder how illegals get to vote???? .... PLUS, the democrats have lawsuits all over america to try to make sure voters don't have to show ID when voting.. ( hmmm, now why would a political party want that situation.. doesn't seem a very smart move for american security in general.. I wonder what their motive might be. ).. And the democrats admittedly have plans to try to get illegals the right to vote in certain big city local elections.. ( new york city, for example ).. their idea being that the illegals live in the city so they should have some say in its business ( by voting democrat ).. And, of course, once they get that precident on the books, and in action, its a very intentional slippery slope to voting in state and then national elections.. What a treasonous party they are.. and they disrespect their rank and file so much for assuming, ( if they actually care at all what their members think ) that they'd be ok with that.. There are differences in approach and focus in running the country, that's natural and acceptable, but then there is action so outrageous that it truly borders on treason.. and trying to insure illegals , sympathetic to their party, the opportunity to vote, CERTAINLY falls into that catagory..

Where are all the americans .. of EVERY persuasion .. who should be OUTRAGED by this..

The previous generations who left the current generation the stewardship of america must be turning over in their graves.

How in the hell did we let ourselves get in this situation.

tiberius

Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM

122 posts, read 307,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
A) The current law existed BOTH on the Federal Books AND the California Books when that was sent around. Federal law has been on the books for 70 years.

B) It is RELEVANT because the President of Mexico has come to our country in response to the recent addition of this law to Arizona's books and has scolded us for making it difficult for his people to come into this country illegally and work. THAT Is what makes it Relevant.

C) It is RELEVANT because posters and lurkers on here may not have seen it, and need to understand how difficult it is for people to do business and work in Mexico so they have some benchmark about what it's like in other countries, especially the country that is scolding us for wanting to protect our borders. It helps sort out the truth from the lies in the media. These illegal students and activists know EXACTLY what the law is in their country, and they are laughing at us because we are so worried about political correctness and not asking people for ID, that we are allowing them to run roughshod over this country.

D) It is RELEVANT because of the information regarding getting drivers licenses, having to have ID, and the fact that they can't vote in Mexico. It's RELEVANT because On May 29th when they had the protests here in Phoenix, there was a "VOTER REGISTRATION BOOTH" -- with the clear purpose of REGISTERING these illegal aliens to VOTE here in the US! Why do you think some politicians are supporting the illegals? 14 million voters ain't bad... legal or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
You'd THINK that extra attention would cause the feds to take action.. But obama and the liberal establishment know that the media will run interference for them.. If a story can't be ignored, they just present it in a way that lets them control the national perception of the situation.. How many posters on this thread .. ok, anti-illegals posters .. have marveled at the way the whole story has been presented.. Even though polls show a 70% plus support among Arizona citizens for the law, if you read the press reports, you'd never guess that was the case.. The illegals and their supporters are presented as righteous, and the people who support the law and want the illegals deported and cut off from services are portrayed as literally evil and heartless .. unamerican .. nazi.. And that's not who they are.. They are simply citizens who are tired of the extra crime, and expense, and crowding, and arrogance, and feeling like they're being used.. But EVERYTHING the country in general knows about the situation is what the media tells them.. And the media is COMPLETELY AWARE of that fact.. And they are also aware that perception is reality.. So obama and the feds know they need only to pay token attention to it, tell outright lies if they think its necessary since they know they probably wont be called on them, but primarily simply ignore it all, and just wait it out.. The media will eventually manipulate it so that it will die out.. And what little thought the public does retain on the subject will be decidedly negative.. Its all part of the chess game of social engineering.. and the american public are the pawns.. But those pawns have shown little active desire to be anything else.. And while the press shows obama and the feds talking about the situation, and being concerned about the situation, and obama sending a few national guardsmen down to Arizona, he's also admitedly, without much fan fare,.. taken the issue off his agenda .. told Arizona they can't go after the illegals and ordered his justice department to investigate ARIZONA .. and told Arizona they can't go after the EMPLOYERS of illegals, and ordered his justice department to investigate ARIZONA .. ...... The cry around the country, and from many posters on this thread is don't go after the poor illegals, go after the people who employ them .. Well, obama has just made it plain that he, and the federal government, will not allow that either.. I've seen very little coverage about that in the press .. I don't see the press whipping up frenzy among the public on THAT issue.. and while I may have seen it MENTIONED by posters in this thread .. I'm STILL waiting for the passionate, repeated postings by those "go after the employer" posters railing against that federal move, and in support of Arizona doing it anyway.. SO, if you don't want Arizona to go after the illegals, and now Arizona can't even go after the employers .. what do the illegal supporters suggest Arizona do NOW..

People for the law hate hispanics .. people for the law are racists .. people for the law are nazis .. people who are for the law want to turn america into a police state .. people who are for the law are unamerican .. only a few people support Arizona's law .. the illegals and their supporters are righteous and on the side of good, and the law supporters are evil .. illegals don't REALLY cost america, that's just a racist lie .. illegals can't get any benefits .. illegals pay their way .. illegals don't really increase crime .. they aren't illegals, they're just undocumented .. undocumented immigration is a victimless crime - (despite the 10,000 deaths a year they directly cause, and their outrageous costs to the net taxpaying citizens ) ..

One of obama and his friends' heros .. and the person who's ideas the liberal media certainly follows .. said it very plainly many years ago ..
When it comes to public perception, ( and hence the public's "reality" ), and social engineering by an ideologically controlled and driven media, ......

" A lie told often enough becomes the truth." .... Vladimir Lenin

Of course, it works best on a public driven by passion rather than reason .. and who generally put their personal desires ahead of the nation's good.. ..... But then .. this is america.

tiberius
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
From your statement, "only a few people support Arizona's law"

Well as far as this forum goes, facts go alot further than blowin smoke:

Arizona immigration law gets high marks - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
"Progressives" (the new word for liberals) are people who are tragically misinformed, and who fail to see how much damage they are actually causing. Someday, when even their own comforts and status is taken away from them, their eyes will be opened, and they'll wonder what happened to the nation they once thought they were "building".

Reality will set in, and they'll realize what they've actually been doing to this nation, as well as to themselves. Suddenly everything they thought they were doing for "noble causes" will be seen as something they did for someone else's hurtful and hidden agendas. They'll see that they were doing things for others who had no real investment in - or who ever truly cared for America.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:00 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
I think, Obama made a very wrong decision, turning down Arizona Gov,Jan Brewer's request to meet in Washington.In my opinion this meeting could of been very important,try to find the right solution to the illegal problem. And now this opportunity is gone for ever.
This is precisely why Obama turned her down. I sense that he is shrewed enough to know how dire the situation is in AZ, and he realizes that Brewer has concrete reason to implement this new, and very justified law. Yet, Obama doesn't want to tick off all the illegals, and hispanics who are depending on him to reform immigration in order to make new laws far more lax than they already are.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:36 PM

364 posts, read 496,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
Not on Sheriff Joe's watch. Not in Maricopa county. He has been interviewed several times stating he is not turning them over to the Feds and will not. They are all sitting in Tent City where they belong.
Then he's in violation of the law and apparently wants to flaunt that fact.

If he's holding them on strictly immigration charges that is.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
I think the new law is great. Why should illegals come into this state or country, use all our welfare, take all jobs because they will work for nothing, get social security and they think they have rights. they have no rights because they DO NOT belong to this country. kick them all out, 11 million of them in this country...go home.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
I agree with Jim. That reply and even the more lengthy one is a cop out.

Much of what you mention IS in place. And for those who choose to enter legally are given a fair chance.

Maybe you are not reading the same data we are; it's not the LEGALLY entering folks we are so concerned with but the ILLEGALLY entering folks. Sure it may be an inconvenience to show proof of citizenship (when asked) but I can't help it that they created this mess- let the legal Hispanic population step up and tell their friends to back off and stop making their life more difficult.

How "streamlined" should it get: Form a line at the border and we'll just stamp your wrist "Ok" and you're in? Most don't want to wait to get out of Mexico and get here for what we give them for free. No thanks.....Or "lock 'em up"? Come on....! So we can continue to support them with free housing, food and medical for 3-5, and then release them?
I call BS. Almost half of out of status migrants came here legally and overstayed. Many here have problems with all out of status or perceived out of status.

Further, 1070 will not decrease undocumented migrants in America. The economics are the only way.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,998 times
A new survey out today says more American voters want an immigration law in their own state that's similar to the controversial one adopted by Arizona.The non-partisan Quinnipiac University Poll shows American voters say by 48%-35% that they want an immigration law like the one in Arizona, which requires law enforcement officials to ask someone's legal status if there is "reasonable suspicion" to believe the person is in the USA illegally.

Poll: More Americans want an Arizona-style immigration law in their states - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

American voters lived in a reality based world. American politicians live in a Hispanics are becoming a huge voting bloc world.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGoldEagle View Post
That's the liberal buzz phrase for "amnesty". We tried that, nothing got better, only worse.

Seal the border and put a stop to employers hiring illegals. That will send most of them home on their own. Eliminate giving citizenship to babies born here of ILLEGAL parents.
As long as there are economic incentives people will keep coming. No wall, fence, or person will stop that.

We can crack down on employers, but many undocumented workers do odd jobs and work for themselves.

CIR is NOT amnesty. It includes penalties, which ipso facto, is not amnesty.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM

322 posts, read 547,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Yet, Obama doesn't want to tick off all the illegals, and hispanics who are depending on him to reform immigration in order to make new laws far more lax than they already are.
illegal immigrants can't vote..just sayin..

Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
illegal immigrants can't vote..just sayin..
....legally speaking.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona