Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times

Advertisements

Most Filipinos have the colour Western women would die to have.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Most Filipinos have the colour Western women would die to have.
Haha, true. And that's why it boggles my mind why so many Filipinas want to bleach their skin.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,750,006 times
Filipino facial features with bleached skin doesn't look right at all

Old 04-04-2013, 06:40 PM

10 posts, read 15,348 times
It's bizarre for me. For me, I'm Chinese and I consider myself right in the middle: not very dark but not very pale. However, I do feel that darker skin makes me look more "outgoing" literally, so I'm trying to get a tan whenever the opportunity presents itself. I guess it's the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality that I want what he wants, and vice versa.
I gotta admit though, tanning is much easier and more natural than bleaching haha

Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Filipino facial features with bleached skin doesn't look right at all
I agree. Austronesians should be golden brown. That's one of the attractive things about Filipino women.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree. Austronesians should be golden brown. That's one of the attractive things about Filipino women.
And I think that's why Filipino woman aren't well-known for their beauty, because so many of them are either bleaching, avoiding sunlight at all costs, or pounding on white makeup. Those things combined with their facial features make them look very strange. If they would just stay natural then they'd look good.

Last edited by Smtchll; 04-04-2013 at 08:33 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
And I think that's why Filipino woman aren't well-known for their beauty, because so many are either bleaching, avoiding sunlight at all costs, or pounding on white makeup. Those things combined with their facial features make them look very strange. If they would just stay natural then they'd look good.
I don't think fair-skinned Filipina beauties are considered UN-attractive. For all her faults Imelda Marcos wasn't bad looking in her younger days. But yeah, the whole skin whitening fad in all of Asia is big business.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM

I'm talking about the many Filipinas who are naturally brown-skinned but are using those techniques I mentioned (the makeup thing is the most common) It makes them look weird because it's unnatural to have native Austronesian features and white skin.

Filipinas who are naturally that light color that Filipinas love are usually Chinese mixed or maybe they have some Caucasian. Their features look natural with light skin.

except for the super-white like this...

That looks unnatural too, and she's a Filipina of Spanish descent. That's the ideal Filipina skin color^

The ideal Filipina look...

Pantene Shampoo Commercial - Philippines - YouTube

And it's so ridiculous that the darkest woman in the video is actually considered a dark Filipina by celebrity standards

Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,999,559 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the many Filipinas who are naturally brown-skinned but are using those techniques I mentioned (the makeup thing is the most common) It makes them look weird because it's unnatural to have native Austronesian features and white skin.

Filipinas who are naturally that light color that Filipinas love are usually Chinese mixed or maybe they have some Caucasian. Their features look natural with light skin.

except for the super-white like this...

That looks unnatural too, and she's a Filipina of Spanish descent. That's the ideal Filipina skin color^

The ideal Filipina look...

Pantene Shampoo Commercial - Philippines - YouTube

And it's so ridiculous that the darkest woman in the video is actually considered a dark Filipina by celebrity standards
I have cousins who are pale skin and dont have any foreign blood

Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Quote:
And I think that's why Filipino woman aren't well-known for their beauty, because so many of them are either bleaching, avoiding sunlight at all costs, or pounding on white makeup. Those things combined with their facial features make them look very strange. If they would just stay natural then they'd look good.

I don't think they aren't know for beauty... Philippines won the Miss Universe Pageant twice already and they always go to the finalist... For 2 consecutive years, they were runners up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia