Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 06:04 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times

Advertisements

How can the Pinoy parent educate their child that we will take over Singapore one day ?

This is what I mean by guests throwing their weight around behaving like they are the owners
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:22 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,379,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
How can the Pinoy parent educate their child that we will take over Singapore one day ?

This is what I mean by guests throwing their weight around behaving like they are the owners
Who are the owners of Singapore if I may ask?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Who are the owners of Singapore if I may ask?
Anyone born , bred, studied( I don't mean international schools in Singapore, but local govt school ), working And living in Singapore Singaporeans who hold pink NRIC, entitled and required to vote in Singapore's election and for males served 2 years of national service ..

Last edited by singaporelady; 06-19-2014 at 11:40 PM..

Old 06-20-2014, 12:23 AM

Due to my work, I come into contact with some "foreigners" teenagers who study in our local govt schools.. They grow up studying and playing with local kids, and that helps then to blend into everything SIngaporean much better. The difference between them and kids from local families is smaller.. That is my perspective of things..

Old 06-20-2014, 05:32 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,689 times
Quote:
Anyone born , bred, studied( I don't mean international schools in Singapore, but local govt school ), working And living in Singapore Singaporeans who hold pink NRIC, entitled and required to vote in Singapore's election and for males served 2 years of national service ..
Technically yes. But in a democracy, people abide by the law as well. And there are millions of citizens anyway. You can stop acting like everyone in Singapore should bow down to you just because you are a Singaporean citizen. As Singapore is run like a corporation, don't expect that you are to be acknowledged as the "owner" if you own one share of stock in any company.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,689 times
Quote:

And you put importance on what a parent say to their 8-year old kid? I tell my kids they can be like Einstein if they study hard. Will you bring this up to the principal's office and make a big deal out of it, just in case it becomes true?

Gosh, office politics is everywhere. All Filipinos are not saints, just as all Singaporeans are not all that good either. But one thing I am sure of, I can put a bet that if you do an objective and scientific poll in Singapore, that there are many times the number of Filipinos being underpaid and abused by their Singaporean employers compared to this one incident published in Singapore regarding unfair treatment by a Filipino manager. We are not even sure how true this story is. It surely has a lot of bias in it already. I also cannot believe anyone will trust such person to access their ATM account? If there is anything I can take from this article, it shows the KIASU attitude prevalent in Singapore.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Technically yes. But in a democracy, people abide by the law as well. And there are millions of citizens anyway. You can stop acting like everyone in Singapore should bow down to you just because you are a Singaporean citizen. As Singapore is run like a corporation, don't expect that you are to be acknowledged as the "owner" if you own one share of stock in any company.
Then should the Singaporean citizens wishes and comfort be overwritten and the foreigners be allowed to do as they please even if Singapore citizens are uncomfortable with it ?

At least we own one share or stock .. The non citizens do not own any so we should have a larger say and a louder voice... So why are they teaching their children that they will own singapore one day over singapore citizens ?

Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 AM

4 posts, read 4,487 times
@singaporelady

Why do you believe that Filipino parents are teaching their children to take over Singapore?

Where did you get that idea?

Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodhand View Post
@singaporelady

Why do you believe that Filipino parents are teaching their children to take over Singapore?

Where did you get that idea?
Go read the link from the 1st post by me in this tread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 AM

4 posts, read 4,487 times
The Channel News Asia article? But nothing in the said article states that Filipino parents are teaching their children to take over Singapore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia