U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-09-2016, 04:52 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 738,669 times
Reputation: 508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Pigs will fly when I "apologize" to you. When you make excuses for the cruel behavior of other Chinese, you are very much part of the problem. You just don't like it when I point out the ugliness of these behaviors. Instead of the knee jerk defensiveness, why not see the problem for what it really is. China needs more people who will speak out against the old habits, not make excuses to protect them. Remember old Lu Xun and his house with no windows? He was talking about old Chinese cultural habits that were suffocating the Chinese people. China has obviously changed a great deal since then, but it still has a long way to go to become truly modern and advanced. Don't blame me for saying mean words because they are just words. If you are a real Chinese, you would work to change the Chinese for the better.
Again, you make false generalizations based on ethnicity. You are racist no matter you admit it or not.asia/

 
Old 04-09-2016, 04:55 PM
 
4,710 posts, read 3,631,706 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Again, you make false generalizations based on ethnicity. You are racist no matter you admit it or not.asia/
Ok. It really doesn't really matter to me what you think of me. The fact is that there is much cruelty among the Chinese people, and it hurts you to hear this said about them. Yes, I can get very shrilled at times, but nothing gets me going than an apologists for bad behavior. Generalization or not, many of the world's cruel acts against animals are done in China, even to this day. I hope you realize this.

Last edited by pennyone; 04-09-2016 at 05:04 PM..
 
Old 04-09-2016, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
In fact, I think Chinese have real, close friends. Friendship in America is very shallow.
When I was a student in China, I often lent cash (over 100 yuan) to other friends, something Americans won't do. My college friends in China still get together frequently (almost every month) and play together, although most of them have kids already.

Americans are very family oriented, but the focus of family is only on spouse and kids. Chinese value parents and the extended family more.

Relatively few Chinese have ever had any pet. My parents never had a dog or cat. So they just do not connect with pets as much as those who have the experience. However that does not mean they are cruel.
Way to demonstrate your profound ignorance.
 
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
This thread seems to have devolved into not so thinly veiled racism. Let's be honest.
No. The Chinese are not a race. They have a unique culture. The things that Chinese people do, they do because of culture and not because of their race.
 
Old 04-09-2016, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
...but bludgeoning a dog to near death right on the street and then boiling it while it's still alive is quite grotesque, brabaric and primitive. The Chinese also de-fur rabbits while they are alive too, and allow them to live so their fur grow back through extreme pain. Wonderful folks.
They do that because many Chinese who enjoy eating dog meat believe that inflicting as much pain as possible on the dog will make the meat taste better.

Sickening.

And no matter how cruel western farming methods may be, nothing compares to intentionally torturing a dog before and as part of the slaughter in order to make the dog meat taste better.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 04-09-2016 at 08:09 PM..
 
Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

One example: 己所不欲,勿施於人。"What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others."


Westerners always love to talk about "universal value", which all tend to be dubious, but this is the one value that can apply universally. Confucius definitely doesn't ask the Chinese to treat others in a cruel way.
In my opinion, an inferior maxim compared to the Golden Rule given by Jesus.

The great sage, Confuse Us, simply advises us NOT TO DO the things to others that we DO NOT wish be done to us.

Its a negative rule.

Jesus, in contrast, advises us to DO unto others as we would have others DO unto us.

This is a positive rule.

Confusionism teaches Chinese people to mind their own business and does not encourage proactively helping others.

Christianity teaches us to proactively help others.
 
Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Guy View Post
And don't get me started on rhino horns. You prefer the rhino's head or any animal's head for that matter, stuffed and mounted on your wall? For what purpose?

Disgusting.
Personally, I don't care for hunting. Nonetheless, I understand how regulated hunting today is an enormously beneficial activity in terms of wildlife conservation.

The exact opposite is true of illegal poaching/farming of animals for horns, tusks, genitalia, bile, etc...

The two activities are not comparable.
 
Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,107,289 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Again, you make false generalizations based on ethnicity. You are racist no matter you admit it or not.asia/
Whatever you say, Ah Q!
 
Old 04-09-2016, 08:22 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 738,669 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Whatever you say, Ah Q!
I stated some truth, racist hypocrite!
 
Old 04-09-2016, 09:19 PM
 
26 posts, read 10,381 times
Reputation: 22
These old racists are set in their ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top