Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Hahaha! As someone else said, what happens when thing 1 and 2 both get back? Hopefully, they will get in line and let Lin run things...
Maybe he can be the Knicks version of "LOU WILLIAMS"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 12:48 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Suddenly, I am riveted to the unfolding scene at NY. This is REALLY interesting stuff.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
Lin = MVP dude has character and game, I cant stand these NBA divas who can play team ball.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Lin = MVP dude has character and game, I cant stand these NBA divas who can play team ball.
Last years MVP was a humble, team player. Just saying.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:32 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,334 times
You can't hate this guy. Not only is his story very inspirational, he's probably the most humble player in the league. He's not the type who would bad mouth anyone or announce on TV that he's moving to South Beach. You have to respect a guy who earned his way to the top and is humble about it. The guy was literally homeless for a while.

I'm a Knicks fan so this is my one upside since 2000. They have an easy schedule this week until they meet Dallas, so they should extend their winning streak to 8 games.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
You can't hate this guy. Not only is his story very inspirational, he's probably the most humble player in the league. He's not the type who would bad mouth anyone or announce on TV that he's moving to South Beach. You have to respect a guy who earned his way to the top and is humble about it. The guy was literally homeless for a while.

I'm a Knicks fan so this is my one upside since 2000. They have an easy schedule this week until they meet Dallas, so they should extend their winning streak to 8 games.
And they should beat Dallas if Melo and Amare is playing on Sunday

Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 PM

531 posts, read 2,899,495 times
Not sure if anyone saw the Minny game (awesome game, by the way), but Lin was AWFUL in the 2nd half. The numbers tell the story but beyond that he just looked like you would have expected him to look a couple of weeks ago. He very well may have just been exhausted and I'm not downplaying anything he's done. But I wouldn't expect it to continue. Teams will adjust. And more importantly, he'll have to adjust when Amare & Melo come back.

If you're a Knicks fan (which I am), I would say the Minny game had to be the most encouraging performance by this team in a long, long time. To win that game when they could have easily rolled over, after beating the Lakers the night before, really showed something.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM

32,109 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The comparison isn't based on Lin being anywhere near Nash as a shooter. As I pointed out earlier, shooting mechanics( as in shooting form, not shooting accuracy), dribbling, speed, and how they pick their spots playing the pick and roll, I do see some resemblances. I don't see the Parker comparison myself, hell even Magic Johnson said he sees similarities to Nash and Stockton, and who's more of an authority on Point Guard play than him??
I haven't seen him in that many games, but I didn't see any similarities to either Nash or Stockton. I think his shooting mechanics are more like Stockton's (shoots more from his shoulder).

Stockton takes over Game 4 of the '97 Finals - YouTube

Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Not sure if anyone saw the Minny game (awesome game, by the way), but Lin was AWFUL in the 2nd half. The numbers tell the story but beyond that he just looked like you would have expected him to look a couple of weeks ago. He very well may have just been exhausted and I'm not downplaying anything he's done. But I wouldn't expect it to continue. Teams will adjust. And more importantly, he'll have to adjust when Amare & Melo come back.
He certainly was. But like you said, the fatigue factor probably contributed. That was his first week of playing more than 5 min/game, every game. Fortunately he didn't fare too terribly against Rubio (they had the same FG%).

Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
If Lin just makes smart decisions with the basketball, and gets Amare and Melo their shots, that will be an improvement for the Knicks in itself. Of course, that might be too tall in order for any human. But, I hold out hope that it will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball