Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 10:23 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
That's one potential upset that doesn't surprise me. I felt the Blazers overachieved a little during the regular season, and AD is more than capable of carrying the Pelicans on his back to a series win.
The Pels have a great defense. AD, Jrue, and Rondo make everything difficult for opponents. Lillard & McCollum aren't good enough offensively to get it done against a defense like this. It's the same thing we saw in the playoffs last year against the Warriors: long, mobile defenders swallowing them whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I'm becoming a fan of AD by the day. I definitely have called him overrated through his first five years or so--injuries, missed time, no playoff success--but the way he played after losing Boogie this year earned my trust. And they are going to eliminate Portland, nobody on that side can check him...

Holiday and Playoff Rondo (always been a Rondo fan!) are whipping the most overrated backcourt in the league. I knew Holiday was good, but holy hell, he's even better than I thought. The Blazers are in big trouble...
AD has been a top 5 player for several years, and he's still young. Gentry is a great coach to pair him with, and DMC going down opens up the floor for this team without sacrificing defensively (and maybe adding defensively because AD is so mobile and long at the 5). It's great to see Holiday healthy. It's been a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
AD is a better defensive player than Durant, and lately his offense has been better than Durant too, so if we disregard Durant's past individual accolades (MVP, Finals MVP etc.) I'd rank AD ahead of him in terms of what they are doing this season.
I could see either one as #4 in the NBA today. One thing is certain: both are all-world basketball players & matchup nightmares for any opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 10:45 AM

78,334 posts, read 60,527,398 times
This first round doesn't have a lot of spice to it (that can still change)....but wow, some of the 2nd round matches etc. really have some potential sizzle to them.

I keep looking at Cleveland and that's a team that has just imploded.
They won their championship so that's HUGE.
But Lebron has Kevin Love and not much else around him these days and that's not enough talent to even be considered in a championship hunt these days.
How far they get this year may well dictate what Lebron's next decision is so that's a very interesting series from that standpoint.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This first round doesn't have a lot of spice to it (that can still change)....but wow, some of the 2nd round matches etc. really have some potential sizzle to them.

I keep looking at Cleveland and that's a team that has just imploded.
They won their championship so that's HUGE.
But Lebron has Kevin Love and not much else around him these days and that's not enough talent to even be considered in a championship hunt these days.
How far they get this year may well dictate what Lebron's next decision is so that's a very interesting series from that standpoint.
I like the Cavs' supporting cast. They've got length & quickness. The team's effort level wasn't there in Game 1. I think it will be now. I'm looking forward to Cleveland-Toronto in Round 2.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:34 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
This Cleveland team is worse than LeBron's 2009-10 elbowgate team, that is for sure.
Elbowgate team had far better defense, and obviously far better chemistry.
Lue had no clue what he was talking about when he said Cleveland's defense would be totally different in the playoffs.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:35 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Cleveland is a team of Lebron’s own making and his ego will impose itself on whatever organization he seeks next. The Sixers would be crazy to take him on next season, given the option.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Cleveland is a team of Lebron’s own making and his ego will impose itself on whatever organization he seeks next. The Sixers would be crazy to take him on next season, given the option.
Every single team would be crazy not to bring on LBJ, if they have the option. He's playing at the highest level of his career and is one of the best ever to play.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:11 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Every single team would be crazy not to bring on LBJ, if they have the option. He's playing at the highest level of his career and is one of the best ever to play.
As a Lakers fan I would not want LBJ on the team.

As great as LBJ is, he would cause the Lakers to regress.

He is a ball dominant player, and as such, that takes away from the development and creativity of a young Lakers core that have a LOT of promise including Lonzo.

Anyways, Cleveland will show Indiana what time it is tonite!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
The beginning of the Cavs game feels scripted to me.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:10 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Lebron: 29 points at the half.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:11 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
But with that talent comes a ton of baggage. Just like when many Warrior fans wanted Dwight Howard on the team the year he was a free agent....the numbers made sense, but Bogut turned out to be a perfect fit and DH would've been a disaster. Lebron's ego, wanna-be GM status, unwillingness to be coached can mess up a team with great chemistry like the Sixers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball