Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 08:48 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh boy, Celtics down by four with 2:00 to go!
Now they up 2 with 22 seconds and since the sixers have nothing to lose I think they are going for the buzzer beater 3 pointer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Now they up 2 with 22 seconds and since the sixers have nothing to lose I think they are going for the buzzer beater 3 pointer
That was a tight finish, but Celtics prevail!

Rematch with the Cavs!

Old 05-09-2018, 09:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Oh, please a lot of you were saying that the Pacers were gonna beat them but they beat them in 7 games so they didn't beat up on the Pacers. Then when it came to the Raptors: Cavs are tired, Raptors are deep and have the best bench in the NBA so the Raptors will beat them. Shoot, people were saying that Philly would go to The Finals or now it's Boston will beat them. But, now since the Cavs are back in the Conference Finals the East is weak.
I don’t think anyone was picking the Pacers before the series started. The Celtics are down two all stars. The Sixers are led buy youngsters and shocked everyone by being this good. The Raptors have a history of underachieving. The real contender should’ve been a deep Celtics team with Kyrie and Hayward. I’ll be surprised if this Celtics team isn’t eliminated before game 6.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:33 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The Warriors and Rockets are not the Pacers or Raptors, haven't been all season. You didn't dispute his claim whatsoever.
You misread my post Warriors fan lol. I was saying that the narrative as the regular season wound down and heading into the playoffs was the East was stronger and how everyone said that the Cavs weren't gonna do anything in the playoffs some said they'd lose to the Pacers after they took Game 1.

It was the Raptors, 76ers and Celtics coming out of the East and LeBron's leaving for L. A., Philly or Houston. Now, a lot of those same people who came up with the narrative are only saying the East is weak because the Cavs in the ECF. It's like being punished for the conference that you're in.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I don’t think anyone was picking the Pacers before the series started. The Celtics are down two all stars. The Sixers are led buy youngsters and shocked everyone by being this good. The Raptors have a history of underachieving. The real contender should’ve been a deep Celtics team with Kyrie and Hayward. I’ll be surprised if this Celtics team isn’t eliminated before game 6.
People did say that the Pacers were gonna win the series after Game 1 and when they up 2-1. People said that the Raptors were gonna beat the Cave because of the 1 seed, homecourt and better bench. Plus, the Cavs are tired from the 1st Round with Indiana so they were finally gonna get by the Cavs. And, some of them were hoping for it to happen because they want LeBron to leave for a bigger market IMO.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:52 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Who would have thought Simmons' passing would cost Philly a couple of playoff games....
Everybody thought his free-throws would, but he shot .707 on 5.8 attempts per game
Simmons FT% is better than Embiid!

Old 05-10-2018, 07:48 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Who would have thought Simmons' passing would cost Philly a couple of playoff games....
Everybody thought his free-throws would, but he shot .707 on 5.8 attempts per game
Simmons FT% is better than Embiid!
Simmons looked like a rookie in this series.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
People did say that the Pacers were gonna win the series after Game 1 and when they up 2-1. People said that the Raptors were gonna beat the Cave because of the 1 seed, homecourt and better bench. Plus, the Cavs are tired from the 1st Round with Indiana so they were finally gonna get by the Cavs. And, some of them were hoping for it to happen because they want LeBron to leave for a bigger market IMO.
Yeah, people said the Pacers would win but only because the Cavs were making them look so good...and they were totally justified making that pick considering it was basically a tie game in the 4th quarter of game 7. Some people did pick the Raptors because it’s hard to believe a team can be so bad in the playoffs 3-4 years straight.

The east is basically cannon fodder and has been for many years. The real measuring stick for the Cavs will be how they perform in the finals. Not sure Lebron sticks around if they don’t win or at least come extremely close. I doubt he’s down for another round of major roster changes.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:41 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
It’s a shame Kyrie isn’t healthy to give Lebron and the Cavs a legitimate fight in the ECF, which may or may not be a possibility again next year. Though I suppose his durability is at least partially what makes Lebron one of the GOAT.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 AM

It’s kinda funny that with all the talk entering the season we end up with 3 of the 4 teams from the previous season. Hopefully at least 1 new team will make the finals. Seeing the Celtics be the ultimate “starless” underdog against the Warriors/Rockets would be ok. Don’t know what to expect from Rockets vs Cavs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball