Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the lakers in 2018-19?
35-40 11 18.03%
40-45 15 24.59%
45-50 16 26.23%
50-55 15 24.59%
55-60 2 3.28%
60+ 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 03:35 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

I wonder what LeBron's trade value is, because the Lakers may consider trading him if they find they can't lure any of the big time free agents.
He's probably still worth a high level all-star at least, or a high level draft pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 06:01 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I wonder what LeBron's trade value is, because the Lakers may consider trading him if they find they can't lure any of the big time free agents.
He's probably still worth a high level all-star at least, or a high level draft pick.
I don't see that happening. The Lakers will probably get rid of Walton once the season is over, kinda feel bad for him, since I wouldn't blame him for the train wreck that is the Lakers.

Then LeBron, I mean Magic, will hire a new coach, and then they will continue to throw crap against the wall and see what sticks, trading some people (not LeBron) and signing some free agents here and there. The Lakers were always going to be a "work in progress", and LeBron's injury didn't help matters this year.

I guess on a positive note, LeBron doesn't have to worry about losing in the NBA Finals this year, yet again, so at least there's that!

Old 02-24-2019, 07:55 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
LeBron being LeBron.

LeBron questions urgency as Lakers' playoff hopes take hit

Old 02-24-2019, 07:54 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
We need a poll on whether the Lakers might actually trade him! The thought had never occurred to me. If they can't manage to do a better job of retooling over the summer, it might be their best move.

Even if they land a star in free agency, they would likely need another year to put a supporting cast around, say Leonard and LeBron. By that time Lebron will be 36 years old, and turn 37 mid season.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:

That isn't going to happen, in fact, that isn't even going to be considered. This year was never really about a championship, the best they were hoping for was the playoffs. Next year, with another piece (I hope), then we can take the Lakers more serious as a playoff contender.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:08 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
That isn't going to happen, in fact, that isn't even going to be considered. This year was never really about a championship, the best they were hoping for was the playoffs. Next year, with another piece (I hope), then we can take the Lakers more serious as a playoff contender.
That's why I said "the Lakers may consider trading him if they find they can't lure any of the big time free agents".
Its all about the big time free agents.
If they can't land anyone big, then they may miss the playoffs again next year.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Actually, that was probably the plan before and when LBJ signed the four year deal, but that plan went right out the window when LBJ suffered the groin injury. It was the worst injury of his career at 34 years of age. It was at this moment Magic and company realized their window of opportunity of winning a championship with LBJ narrowed considerably, hence Magic throwing the whole Laker team under the bus in a desperate attempt to have Davis for a post season push.

It's easy for people to get seduced by the prospect of signing someone like LBJ, and overlooking that he has a LOT of wear on his body at 34 years of age. Magic no doubt envisioned LBJ playing 40 minutes a game for the next three seasons to carry the team as he planned on getting more pieces. Then reality struck, and there's no way that is going to happen. Sure, if LBJ was in his late 20's, there would be none of this urgency. But that's life, always a gamble.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:30 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Actually, that was probably the plan before and when LBJ signed the four year deal, but that plan went right out the window when LBJ suffered the groin injury. It was the worst injury of his career at 34 years of age. It was at this moment Magic and company realized their window of opportunity of winning a championship with LBJ narrowed considerably, hence Magic throwing the whole Laker team under the bus in a desperate attempt to have Davis for a post season push.

It's easy for people to get seduced by the prospect of signing someone like LBJ, and overlooking that he has a LOT of wear on his body at 34 years of age. Magic no doubt envisioned LBJ playing 40 minutes a game for the next three seasons to carry the team as he planned on getting more pieces. Then reality struck, and there's no way that is going to happen. Sure, if LBJ was in his late 20's, there would be none of this urgency. But that's life, always a gamble.
I thought LeBron chose the Lakers to be closer to the Hollywood bigwigs and for it to be easier to film Space Jam 2. If he was seriously still chasing rings, wouldn't he have signed with the Warriors, just sayin'!

Old 02-26-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I thought LeBron chose the Lakers to be closer to the Hollywood bigwigs and for it to be easier to film Space Jam 2. If he was seriously still chasing rings, wouldn't he have signed with the Warriors, just sayin'!
He definitely had family and business interests in moving to L.A., but he was still chasing rings to cement his legacy.

If he didn't have that bad injury, things may very well have turned out differently. But it is what it is.

LeBron James Has Quit On The Lakers

Quote:
Like it or not, LeBron deserves criticism from both the fans and media. This is the effort you put into a preseason game with nothing on the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEoORUy-8eI

Stephen A. Smith says LeBron is the Lakers' biggest problem
Quote:
"The biggest problem with the Los Angeles Lakers is LeBron James," Smith said on air on Tuesday. "... from this day forward, we're going to stop calling LeBron James the best player in the world. We're going to stop that right now. LeBron James is obviously great... he ain't playing no defense on too many occasions. Guys are salivating at the opportunity for LeBron James to be defending them."
Kobe at age 34 had his achilles rupture.

LBJ at age 34 now has his, a groin injury.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Like Lebron or hate him...the playoffs will be different without Lebron. Teams in the east must love it...even though it’s possible one of them would’ve knocked off the Cavs anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball