Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 01:39 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
In all honesty, the Republican Party appeals to the middle class. It is currently the party of the middle class. It appeals to hard working men and women of all Nationalities. It appeals to the poor that want to become part of the middle class. The Republican party appeals to people that want to keep Government out of their personal business. The Republican Party appeals to the family. The Republican Party appeals to those that believe in the Constitution of the United States. The Republican Party appeals to people of Faith.
Then, gosh I hope all you hard-working middle-class Republicans are keeping a very close watch on just how much you will benefit from the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:"

“Recently enacted changes in the tax law will increase both the numbers of taxpayers whose Social Security benefits are taxable and the portion of Social Security income that people will pay in taxes”

and

"In addition, tax brackets and the standard deduction are indexed using a more slowly growing measure of inflation, the Chained Consumer Price Index. That will mean the standard deduction will become less generous over time than it used to be, and people will get pushed into higher tax brackets as more income becomes taxable."

This analysis is from FOX NEWS (https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...s-from-seniors).

It was the great Woody Guthrie who wrote:

"Some will rob you with a six gun
And some with a fountain pen"

The current Republican leadership has done its mighty best to keep the "middle class" terrified of six-gun toting immigrants so we won't notice the fountain pens rewriting the tax law. Maybe it's just that Californians, middle-class and otherwise, are just too smart to fall for the ruse?

Old 12-01-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Why would you want need to lock your front door at all? Are you saying you'd like to be in control of who comes in your house?

Racist?
Well, since you seem to like anecdotes, here's mine. A while back there were two very scary home invasion robberies in my neighborhood, one of them right across the street. The perps tied up the husband and wife (it seems the husband had some friends in low places) and stole guns, cash and (medical -- yeah. sure.) marijuana. They did it again a week or so later and were caught. From the lightning bolt and 888 tattoos visible in their booking photos, I somehow don't think they were illegal immigrants, and I'm pretty sure they'd fit right in waving a big Confederate flag at a Trump rally.

Now I have no guns or drugs, and very little cash -- not even a late-model Bentley in the garage -- so I'm not particularly worried about locking my doors, but I do try to remember to do it when I'm away from the house.

My life and neighborhood are obviously very different from yours, and our disparate experiences illustrate how large and diverse a state CA is. Being so afraid of those around you has got to be stressful. I hope you find a place where you can have some peace.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:06 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Most complaints from those of other states is their wish that Californians would stay in California. I agree with them. Of course they see what Ca. has become and assume there aren't many Conservatives left here. There are actually millions still but we're outnumbered so our votes don't amount to much here.

You can defend the state all you like. Jerry Brown would be honored.

"...1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients (Ca.)...", yet only 12% of the pop. That's quite an accomplishment.
And I wish people from elsewhere - other states, other countries both - would stay wherever they are, as well!

What California has become is, among the negatives you are unhappy with, a juggernaut. Unfortunately, with that astounding success comes crowding and pressures of daily living including low real estate inventory with sky high pricing ... which in turn drives lower income earners away and some into worse and worse poverty and homelessness.

The reason that “millions of conservatives” in California are out numbered is conservatism isn’t as highly valued by the majority. Simple. And I’m not assigning a relative value to one ideology over another. Just pointing out the facts. You are pi**ed because what you value isn’t shared by the majority. So you label the state a “failure” and “hellhole”. Well, it isn’t a failure and a hellhole to the majority of Californians. And whatever other people in other places think really doesn’t matter.

Now, your clear preference for “white people” and conservatism spells travel. Bon voyage and best wishes.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's a good article about what happened to the Republican party in California
This is an outstanding analysis, and the best answer yet to the OP's question.

BTW -- whatever happened to the OP??

Old 12-01-2018, 03:48 PM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And I wish people from elsewhere - other states, other countries both - would stay wherever they are, as well!

What California has become is, among the negatives you are unhappy with, a juggernaut. Unfortunately, with that astounding success comes crowding and pressures of daily living including low real estate inventory with sky high pricing ... which in turn drives lower income earners away and some into worse and worse poverty and homelessness.

The reason that “millions of conservatives” in California are out numbered is conservatism isn’t as highly valued by the majority. Simple. And I’m not assigning a relative value to one ideology over another. Just pointing out the facts. You are pi**ed because what you value isn’t shared by the majority. So you label the state a “failure” and “hellhole”. Well, it isn’t a failure and a hellhole to the majority of Californians. And whatever other people in other places think really doesn’t matter.

Now, your clear preference for “white people” and conservatism spells travel. Bon voyage and best wishes.

"...your clear preference for "white people"". I have no interest in moving to any white liberal neighborhood. It's White liberals/politicians that destroyed what was once a great state. Have a nice weekend, young lady.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How many abortions are paid for by the government? Got a figure?
Well then, I guess Planned Parenthood will do alright without the money that the Government gives it.

And isn't it interesting that the party that is "pro-life" is also the party that attempts to slash every program available for that child once he or she is born, as well as those programs that would benefit the child's mother?

What happened to parents taking care of their own children? My parents did that. My wife's family took care of their children. My wife and I have taken care of our 6 kids. No one has helped us out. Why should anyone else be any different?

And if men could get pregnant, effective birth control would have been available in the middle of the 20th century.

No need to invent something that has existed as long as people have been on the planet. Abstinence is the best form of birth control.
Personal Responsibility is key here. So many liberals want to keep the Government out of their personal life. They don't want the Government telling them what they can do with their bodies. Yet, as you are alluding to, those same people run to the Government for help. Why is it that the liberals want it both ways?

The Government is a terrible care taker. Running to the Government for help and assistance has not helped anyone. Which leads to a big difference between Liberals and Conservatives.

Liberals want big Government to take care of them from the cradle to the Grave. They don't mind giving up freedom for what they see as security.

Conservatives want to take care of themselves and see Government as a deterrent to the freedom that all people can have.

Liberals believe that Government and more of it will solve the problems that people face. People are the problem.

Conservatives believe that they can solve their own problems without the help of the Government. Government is the problem.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Actually, that is not true. See "Counting the ballots," below.

Voting Law Compliance Handbook:https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/pub...ance-handbook/
Oh I forgot. Everyone is following the law.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Babies make cogent choices?

Maybe you should ponder this scenario:

... say a spirit exists amorphously before conception ...
... it ponders whether to become a seed, an egg, an embryo ...
... it ponders whether to become that dynamic as a product of rape or incest ...
... or in a biology of alcohol or drug addiction ...
... or into a life with a single parent who is ill-equiped to care for its needs.

And then it ponders whether to remain amorphous until a more propitious time.

I am not proposing that the above scenario is reality or not.
I am demonstrating the lack of rational thought behind your ideological folly.
I was many years ago a baby. I was allowed to live. Now that I am alive here on the Earth, I have to say, I am thankful that my mom did not have an abortion.

Anyone here wish that their mom had chosen to abort?

Old 12-01-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
He hasn’t destroyed the state ... nor have his minions just voted out. He can’t destroy California. We’re too -powerful.

It’s what he wants to do to California that’s the issue. And he tries. And falls flat on his orange face.
California is a ticking time bomb. Liberals have wiped out the state. Some think that we are between $1 trillion and $3 Trillion in debt, here in California. We have more homeless, more poor, more illegals than any other state.

San Francisco used to be a beautiful city to visit. It is a cesspool now. Liberals have destroyed it. Our soon to be Governor has destroyed it when he was running the city.

Commenting on your attachment to your post:

Realize that Illegals are not immigrants. They are people that have broken the law. We have a border and it is time to protect that border. Immigrants are people that have followed the rule of law. We are a nation of immigrants. I don't know anyone that is against immigration. I know a lot of people that are against people breaking the law and entering illegally.

Why is it that my wife's family came here legally. My great grandparents came her legally.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:50 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Conservative white people tend to only want social programs and a safety net when it benefits other white people. When it doesn't, they don't like them.

A lot of white people leave California because they think "their" tax dollars are going to support brown people...and GAWD, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!

I mean, it was okay when Pedro was cutting your pretty, manicured suburban lawn and pruning your bushes for a discounted rate, but when little Pedro Jr. got sick and needed to use MediCal, it was "ugghhh...not muh tax dollars! This is why we gotta move to Arizona or Idaho, Betty!"
Nice of you to speak for all white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California