Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your response Aliss.

I guess I will never fully know what happened so I must come to the conclusion that Zimmerman did something that provoked an altercation that led to him taking another man's life. Whether or not he feared for his life at the moment of the physical altercation doesn't signify with me because he evidently was not fearing for his life prior to provoking the altercation. Zimmerman had the misplaced over-confidence and the advantage over Martin because of his gun and I'm sure that Martin was fearing for his life just as much as Zimmerman was fearing for his.

I hope this is not the end of it and that Zimmerman will go to trial for having deliberately initiated a situation that ended a boy's life.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
This is not the first time we have seen people get away with killing young black kids in the states.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:23 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for your response Aliss.

I guess I will never fully know what happened so I must come to the conclusion that Zimmerman did something that provoked an altercation that led to him taking another man's life. Whether or not he feared for his life at the moment of the physical altercation doesn't signify with me because he evidently was not fearing for his life prior to provoking the altercation. Zimmerman had the misplaced over-confidence and the advantage over Martin because of his gun and I'm sure that Martin was fearing for his life just as much as Zimmerman was fearing for his.

I hope this is not the end of it and that Zimmerman will go to trial for having deliberately initiated a situation that ended a boy's life.

I suspect the family of the victim will prevail in a wrongful death lawsuit.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
I suspect the family of the victim will prevail in a wrongful death lawsuit.
and as someone who has followed this closely, you are probably totally wrong. There is nothing, not one little thing that suggests a wrongful death case. It was a couple of hot heads, it should never have happened, but Zimmerman was being beat up: what can't some understand about that? ghsi si no e

Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Zimmerman supposedly acting under the guise of a neighborhood watch person made a lot of mistakes/blunders in that capacity..
Neighborhood Watch Organizer's Guide

Some chronology of events..
http://www.policymic.com/articles/51...-much-sympathy

Last edited by jambo101; 07-16-2013 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and as someone who has followed this closely, you are probably totally wrong. There is nothing, not one little thing that suggests a wrongful death case. It was a couple of hot heads, it should never have happened, but Zimmerman was being beat up: what can't some understand about that? ghsi si no e
Followed it closely on TV or papers doesn't mean you have access to all the evidence that the courts did, we cannot determine.

I certainly couldn't say how it would go either way. Of course it is a couple of hot heads getting into a fight and Zimmerman was getting beat up - that doesn't mean he can't be found liable in a civil wrongful death suit.

OJ Simpson good grief... Not that the cases are comparable (they aren't), but it shows you how criminal and civil suits can have drastically different outcomes.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Unfortunate we will only ever have one side of the story so speculation is all we have for Treyvons side of the story. I believe Treyvon knowing Zimmerman was acting weird had a gun and wasnt a cop thought himself to be in mortal and imminent danger and was probably fighting for his own life.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 AM

My imagination is wondering about what Zimmermans ultimate goal was, sees a kid walking ,immediately had the kneejerk reaction that the kid was up to no good just because he was wearing a hoody,confronts the kid then what? did he point the gun at the kid and tell him to lie spread eagle on the ground assuming the cops would arrive and see how good a pretend cop he was?
Treyvon chose the honorable route and punched this idiot in the head rather than Kowtowing to this weirdo who to Treyvons perspective was about to assassinate him..
Zimmerman in the rest of his pathetic existence may one day discover the old Shakespeare quote =
" A coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave die but once."

Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
This is not the first time we have seen people get away with killing young black kids in the states.

Good grief.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,452,265 times
I'll just point out that in Canada, a juror CANNOT speak publically, either in person, or on video or audio tape, about the deliberations that went on in the jury room. It is against the Criminal Code to do that, here. They are specifically forbidden to do that, for a very good reason.............as we can see in the USA, jurors speaking out are a source of riots and further violence, by idiots in the streets.

Jurors, in Canada, also cannot write about what went on in the jury deliberations, under pain of charges of "contempt of court ". I think that is a much more sensible situation, compared to the fiascos that occur in the States. The names of all jurors in Canadian jury trials are covered by a publication ban, automatically issued by the court in which the trial is being held. And that ban stands in perpetuity.

Jin B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada