Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 04:19 PM

48 posts, read 46,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You did not reply.....would you take a bullet?? A simple yes or no....please...for the third time...I answer for you....no you would prefer not to take that bullet my friend....

Carrying a firearm is like having insurance...you hope you never need it...if someone wants to carry one, even if he lives in the statistically safest city on the planet, you have no right to tell him not to...he does not bother me or infringe on my freedom.
Why do you care if Canadians carry a gun or not? We're a foreign country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:20 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I have an expensive hotel room paid for and waiting in New York...Your boarder guys got harsh with me after many nice trips into the states...I am now on the list of those denied entry for some pot charge from 1970 and a dated youthful criminal record. I am a good man...who raised four wonderful kids..

Now America insists I am an undesirable. Not fit to tread their soil....I will tell this to the Americans...You bar me....I bar you- stay home.

Yah the pot charge...At eighteen I was living with the daughter of a conservative senator...the family wanted me gone and sent a couple of guys in suits who found me with a roach....great....as for having an assault charge from when I was 19...we threw a snow ball at a car on new years night...the drunken guy got out and attacked us....He lost the fight....

So under British style colonial law they criminalized me/ JERKS.

Of course America will have me if I repent at 66 years of age and give them 12 hundred dollars.....Yes I was deeply hurt by the rejection...okay.....I forgive you.....come on over.
I've told you this before, but you do realize that Canada denies entry to people who have had DUIs in their past. Stupidity is on both sides of the border.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiebutter View Post
Why do you care if Canadians carry a gun or not? We're a foreign country.
Vancouver resident Natnasci posted this:

Besides, I'd rather live in a country that doesn't need this on the door to a Starbucks.

He/she seems always worried about Americans carrying guns....

Old 11-10-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
I've told you this before, but you do realize that Canada denies entry to people who have had DUIs in their past. Stupidity is on both sides of the border.
So? The U.S had the power to deny entry to any Canadian. There was a story a while back about a Canadian woman in s wheelchair denied entry to the United Stares while trying to cross the border because her paralysis was the result of a suicide attempt. As the U.S is able to access "non criminal" police reports as well as criminal reports on every Canadian.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:57 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
So you would rather die..interesting...hopefully you do not have to prove your point in real life.

You have no business challenging my "thought process" as long as it does not infringe your rights.

Liberal and conservatives are all the same...they love "freedom" as long as is convenient to their preconceived notions.
No I would not rather die and here we go again with more irrational nonsense.

You think it's acceptable to use a completely unlikely hypothetical fallacy to back someone into a corner such as asking someone to proffer a yes or no answer to: "are your still beating your wife?" Regardless of the answer you feel supreme because you've pulled a fast one.

I answered "No" to not wanting you armed beside me in Canada, which by default in your mind naturally equates to the second part of your hypothetical of me eating a bullet.

Wait, wait,....... did you just suggest that all discussion on the Canada boards related to Americans saying that immigrating to Canada would be a non-starter due to having less freedoms through the lack of a 2nd amendment, should be limited as to my right to rebut them?

Really? Does that work where you're living?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No I would not rather die and here we go again with more irrational nonsense.

You think it's acceptable to use a completely unlikely hypothetical fallacy to back someone into a corner such as asking someone to proffer a yes or no answer to: "are your still beating your wife?" Regardless of the answer you feel supreme because you've pulled a fast one.

I answered "No" to not wanting you armed beside me in Canada, which by default in your mind naturally equates to the second part of your hypothetical of me eating a bullet.

Sorry...I asked a specific question to a scenario that can happen (Guns are legal in Canada my friend and mass shootings do occur in Canada) is not "irrational nonsense" but, obviously, you do not know how to respond....or, better, you do but you do not want to...I tell you what your answer would be "No I would rather have a gun myself on me or someone next to me with one in a specific situation like that but unfortunately I cannot admit that because that collides with my beliefs"...so, yes I understand your embarrassment...trust me is always the same result with any anti-gun folks I talk to.....is not a "fast one", it is a check mate...

You would rather not having guns next to you but if you find yourself in that situation you would.......oops!!!

Quote:
Wait, wait,....... did you just suggest that all discussion on the Canada boards related to Americans saying that immigrating to Canada would be a non-starter due to having less freedoms through the lack of a 2nd amendment, should be limited as to my right to rebut them?

Really? Does that work where you're living?
I did not suggest anything...go back and read where the entire discussion started....Americans wanting to move to Canada after an election went in a different way they wanted to?? We saw that movie before and nobody actually moved....

Old 11-10-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry...I asked a specific question to a scenario that can happen (Guns are legal in Canada my friend and mass shootings do occur in Canada) is not "irrational nonsense" but, obviously, you do not know how to respond....or, better, you do but you do not want to...I tell you what your answer would be "No I would rather have a gun myself on me or someone next to me with one in a specific situation like that but unfortunately I cannot admit that because that collides with my beliefs"...so, yes I understand your embarrassment...trust me is always the same result with any anti-gun folks I talk to.....is not a "fast one", it is a check mate...

You would rather not having guns next to you but if you find yourself in that situation you would.......oops!!!

I did not suggest anything...go back and read where the entire discussion started....Americans wanting to move to Canada after an election went in a different way they wanted to?? We saw that movie before and nobody actually moved....
Mass shootings are nearly non-events in Canada. I have never even heard of one happening to the degree of an Anerican scale. We have never had a Columbine or sandy hook happen. La Loche was only 4 people. Again, a very rare event.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiebutter View Post
Mass shootings are nearly non-events in Canada. I have never even heard of one happening to the degree of an Anerican scale. We have never had a Columbine or sandy hook happen. La Loche was only 4 people. Again, a very rare event.

We went from "impossible", "irrational nonsense" to "rare"...making progress....

Old 11-10-2016, 08:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:

What part about you asking for a yes or no answer and me answering "no" do you not yet understand.

Were I fighting a war somewhere and in the real likelyhood of getting shot at. Yep I'd prefer to be armed myself. Shopping in a mall in Canada,. . .not so much..

I'm not dodging your question. I've answered the question more times than anyone else would require but you just don't get it.

I do not agree with the typical American bullcrap we are 'less free due to not having the ability to carry around a stupid gun'. You disagree. That's fine. Again I don't question your right to carry, I'm attempting to debate the question as it relates assessments of freedom only.

All the nonsense in the world of hypothetical situations can not override the common sense one of asking another question: how many would "choose" to carry a firearm if there was absolutely no empirical or tangible reason to think carrying one would be a wise or even a mitigating choice?

Wouldn't "most" rather live where the carrying of one was not even thought of as a possibly prudent option like the rest of the first world developed nations.. Wouldn't you rather your country wasn't the only one where some think it simply prudent to carry one due to your own citizen's tendency to carry and use them badly?

Don't bother; I already know your answer, and so does everyone else on here; you'd likely still desire to carry if you were living in the Vatican.

I question anyone's intelligence who would prefer to live like that while at the same time using that singular feature to describe themselves as having more freedoms.. I think the obverse and pity the ones living there who genuinely feel it is the only prudent choice they have.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What part about you asking for a yes or no answer and me answering "no" do you not yet understand.

Were I fighting a war somewhere and in the real likelyhood of getting shot at. Yep I'd prefer to be armed myself. Shopping in a mall in Canada,. . .not so much..

I'm not dodging your question. I've answered the question more times than anyone else would require but you just don't get it.

I do not agree with the typical American bullcrap we are 'less free due to not having the ability to carry around a stupid gun'. You disagree. That's fine. Again I don't question your right to carry, I'm attempting to debate the question as it relates assessments of freedom only.

All the nonsense in the world of hypothetical situations can not override the common sense one of asking another question: how many would "choose" to carry a firearm if there was absolutely no empirical or tangible reason to think carrying one would be a wise or even a mitigating choice?

Wouldn't "most" rather live where the carrying of one was not even thought of as a possibly prudent option like the rest of the first world developed nations.. Wouldn't you rather your country wasn't the only one where some think it simply prudent to carry one due to your own citizen's tendency to carry and use them badly?

Don't bother; I already know your answer, and so does everyone else on here; you'd likely still desire to carry if you were living in the Vatican.

I question anyone's intelligence who would prefer to live like that while at the same time using that singular feature to describe themselves as having more freedoms.. I think the obverse and pity the ones living there who genuinely feel it is the only prudent choice they have.

You are basing your entire argument about the fact that we "feel" the need to be armed in the US.....no..some want to be armed some others don't...it is called freedom of choice....to each his/her own.

Finally...in other countries many people do not accept that easily legal firearms restrictions, there is considerable debate (there is still controversy in Australia about semi-auto rifles restrictions and some hope for re-introduction) in my native country of Italy, for example, in recent years firearms legislation has loosened up considerably, getting a CCP is easier than before and military style semi auto rifles can now be legally owned by civilians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada