Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,916 times

Advertisements

How much money can a single mother of 10 mentally handicapped children get per hour/week/month to be their full-time caregiver at home in Indiana? Ages range from 12-29.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,838 times
California's program is called IHSS.

Last edited by JustJulia; 08-26-2011 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: New members may not post links, sorry

Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 AM

465 posts, read 507,692 times
Here in TN the state pays for someone else to take care of my mom a couple of hours a day so I can rest, but I know there's programs where they'll let you work while someone takes care of your child, mom, etc. Also if you have the training they will pay you to take care of someone else which makes no sense, and I have heard there's programs where they pay you a very small amount to take care of the person yourself. I think it's to make sure that someone gets in the home because sadly a lot of people that are disabled, or otherwise don't fit in with society get mistreated.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 5,545 times
Default Colorado home care services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshongis View Post
Hi, I read your question and was wondering what state do u live in?.....I have a 5yr old son who is severely disabled I live in Colorado and found this ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL program which is really not a Program its a JOB like any other.....I am my sons CNA I get paid hrly. (very good pay by the way)....get a weekly check....Health benefits etc. If you want more info. just send me a message and I will let you know all the details about it.....
Hi there, could you share the name of the program you found. I have a disabled son as well and Colorado agencies are dumbfounded, telling me the hourly rate is $7.24 an hour and no benefits. I have researched other states and found out Colorado ranks 48th in the nation on the amount they pay parents to take care of their child/adult family member. Another state has quoted me over $5K a month to take care of my child at home.

Thanks much

Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
Thumbs up My family caring for me and getting paid

I have Multiple Scerolsis.My husband,my daughter that just turned 18 and my teenage son watch over me on my bad days.So I would like to know how I can get paided by the state for caring for me.

Last edited by Leonor1971; 09-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
Just remember that it's not that vague thing called The State....it's the Taxpayers of that state.

Why not pay mothers to stay home and care for their children instead of putting them in day care? If you were careful and planned ahead you could get at least 50 years of state support.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,833,702 times
They can't get paid,but you can get a home heath aide to care for you if your condition is that bad.
Speak to your physician,as he would have to approve you for the care first.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Some states do allow for family members to be 'hired' for caregiving....hired and paid by you with funding provided.
The rules and requirements are different state by state so you have to look up what your state does.
In NYS, for instance, a close family member can do so but can not live with you.......unless you have a verified need for 24/7 care...so each situation may be different.
I have no handy site for you to check as I Googled the question to find out the information for NYS but you can do the same and should get what is pertinent for you.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Just remember that it's not that vague thing called The State....it's the Taxpayers of that state.

Why not pay mothers to stay home and care for their children instead of putting them in day care? If you were careful and planned ahead you could get at least 50 years of state support.
I have to agree with you on this one.
$5000 to take care of a disabled child?
What the....

If the child is on life support,I do agree with that amount. If the child is on a vent,trach,feeding tube,then of course
But a disabled child that only needs toileting,feeding,etc.....no.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 AM

Now,I'm not saying no money or financial assisance.
But 5000 is ridiculous.
I think $2000 is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving