Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
That's fine, but then why post about it to begin with ?
Excuse YOU, but you read the topic of this thread???

Sweetie, it's not that serious, okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
I had an encounter with Tom Berenger many years ago. In 1982 to be exact. He was in a movie that was being filmed at my high school. He nearly knocked me down in the hallway. No apologies. I wasn't trying to approach him. I was just trying to get to my next class. He came across as rude and arrogant. Haven't watched ANY of his movies since then. Well, just the one that was filmed at my school!

Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
^^^^^
No gentleman was he
How good was that movie anyway?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
^^^^^
No gentleman was he
How good was that movie anyway?
It was fair. It was Eddie and the Cruisers. I just like to watch it once in a while for sentimental reasons. They used the juniors and seniors as extras. I was only a sophomore at the time but I knew a lot of the kids that were in the movie.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:26 PM

60 posts, read 286,457 times
I met Lyle Lovett in the parking lot of a dry cleaners. He is from my hometown. He was getting a box of clothes out of the back of a big, black Suburban. I just walked up to him smiling and said, are you Lyle Lovett? You couldn't miss him with that hair. He said yes and we chatted for a bit as we dropped our clothes off at the cleaners. I was a young, impressionable 19 year old at the time (this was pre- Julia Roberts for him). I left and got in my car and he comes up and taps on my window. He started asking me where I was from and where I went to school. For some reason, I got all tongue-tied then and couldn't carry on a conversation! He was much better looking in person than on TV and a perfect gentleman. Very soft spoken and kind. Wish I wouldn't have gotten starstruck!

Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillh View Post
I met Lyle Lovett in the parking lot of a dry cleaners. He is from my hometown. He was getting a box of clothes out of the back of a big, black Suburban. I just walked up to him smiling and said, are you Lyle Lovett? You couldn't miss him with that hair. He said yes and we chatted for a bit as we dropped our clothes off at the cleaners. I was a young, impressionable 19 year old at the time (this was pre- Julia Roberts for him). I left and got in my car and he comes up and taps on my window. He started asking me where I was from and where I went to school. For some reason, I got all tongue-tied then and couldn't carry on a conversation! He was much better looking in person than on TV and a perfect gentleman. Very soft spoken and kind. Wish I wouldn't have gotten starstruck!

thanks for sharing that. Always thought he would be nice. Not into his music but he just comes across as a nice guy

Old 10-03-2013, 12:13 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,323,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
...Most of the special effects were not computer generated...back in the 80s and 90s...It was human skill.

I miss that part of films.

Not sure why but the first and last(?) Die Hard movies come to mind. In the last one it's computers. One actions scene is the traffic light going down and the resulting effect.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
One of the other Aliens cast members said both Sigourney and Michael have issues with the public. Sorry. I met Sigourney years ago but met the rest of the Aliens alum (minus Paul Reiser) at a convention my friend dragged me to a year or so ago. It was actually a great party. I had beers and chill time with every one of the (friendly) members of the cast. Mark Rolston is a trip...I will never be able to watch Shawshank Redemption and believe him as a monster again! Michael Biehn wouldn't hang out with his fellow Aliens alums at all, even in private. He really seems to have problems.

Some of the stars have issues w/ the public now, but when they were trying to be famous--they couldn't wait to be in front of the public. I think a lot of "stars" should remember their fans are part of their "star" equation. I get wanting your privacy, but I suppose it's the price they do have to pay.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I don't follow boxing so no idea who he is, but for the life of me I cannot imagine approaching anyone for an autograph while they are in a hospital waiting room.
I can't imagine approaching any celebrity anywhere for an autograph. It just seems so, desperate. However, I will say, if I saw Dave Grohl in a bar, I'd buy him a beer. He's too cool not to.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Maria Sharapova by far....she is as fake as it can be...we knw her for years and she was rude and nasty but when the tv cameras are arround she will be turn to be very nice.

Dutch tv caught her red handed when she thought the cameras were off...

My son was 7 years old when he got a piece of Maria's nastyness and my daughter knew he for a long time as well as I do and she is just not a nice person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities