Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
Remember this?
The season is done for the Panthers after Brees lit them up to push his record that much further while finishing two other records (completions and throwing percentage). OTE's not helping QB numbers... remember that... lol...

Speaking of which, Brady broke Marino's record too this year. Stafford was 50 or so yards away from it as well.

As for the Falcons, look at their opponents down the stretch who they beat. Quality wins? Taking out the losses, this is the combine record of the last 6 opponents: 29-67. We will see how far they go. Speaking of which, Julio Jones, one of those rookies I talked about during the year, had 2 scores, 76 yards last week.

Fun Fact: 2 rookies on an ex- 4-12 team made the playoffs. Shocker

Anyways back to the Panthers, let's hope for a good offseason to finally fill the holes I discussed during draft time (remember that ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 01:08 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The season is done for the Panthers after Brees lit them up to push his record that much further while finishing two other records (completions and throwing percentage). OTE's not helping QB numbers... remember that... lol...

Speaking of which, Brady broke Marino's record too this year. Stafford was 50 or so yards away from it as well.

As for the Falcons, look at their opponents down the stretch who they beat. Quality wins? Taking out the losses, this is the combine record of the last 6 opponents: 29-67. We will see how far they go. Speaking of which, Julio Jones, one of those rookies I talked about during the year, had 2 scores, 76 yards last week.

Anyways back to the Panthers, let's hope for a good offseason to finally fill the holes I discussed during draft time (remember that ).
Defense (pass rush and secondary), maybe a receiver on offense and a late round RB ...playoffs are well within sight. What good would it have been to draft Julio Jones with no one capable of throwing him the ball.

Steve Smith: 2010 season = 544 yards, rank (81st)
Steve Smith: 2011 season = 1394 yards, rank (5th)

It ain't rocket science...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:

if you are talking about the Bungles they are:

1-7 vs teams with winning records
8-0 vs teams under .500
0-7 vs current playoff teams...

They are in the playoffs and I hope they win but when you need 3 other teams to lose to make the playoffs that isn't the recipe or blueprint other teams should use moving forward.

It's impressive and a little odd that 3 teams from the AFCN made the playoffs and the Bungles snuck in with a 2-4 AFCN record.

Are you saying the Panthers should go QB and WR next draft? You swore by this for half the season because the Bungles looked so awesome..(sarcasm)

They should get Blackmon from OKState or Jeffries from S. Carolina unless a shut down CB is available. I know the D needs help but they shouldn't reach and should go for BPA in the first. The NFL is changing and GB, NO and the Pats are showing that you can win with sub par defenses. Get a few big uglies in later rounds.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:30 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:

Oy ..this guy never gives up. Like the energizer bunny..just keeps going and going....

A last note from me on the Panthers...has anybody EVER seen a team this bad in the second half ? Every week they seem to get beat on adjustments in the locker room. That may be the first thing they should work on.

Last edited by jp03; 01-03-2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oy ..this guy never gives up. Like the energizer bunny..just keeps going and going....

A last note from me on the Panthers...has anybody EVER seen a team this bad in the second half ? Every week they seem to get beat on adjustments in the locker room. That may be the first thing they should work on.
new coaching staff... it's obvious second half adjustments aren't their thing yet.

I fell asleep at halftime and woke up to 49 points? It looked like the defense didn't want to get "dirty" or bruised up.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
new coaching staff... it's obvious second half adjustments aren't their thing yet.

I fell asleep at halftime and woke up to 49 points? It looked like the defense didn't want to get "dirty" or bruised up.
It was an odd thing. May as well have staying the locker room. But the offense has it too. Cam looks great then comes out in the second half and they are just stoned.

All and all 6 wins is still great for that team. Great job. Cam Newton will only get better.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
It was an odd thing. May as well have staying the locker room. But the offense has it too. Cam looks great then comes out in the second half and they are just stoned.

All and all 6 wins is still great for that team. Great job. Cam Newton will only get better.
It's the coaching staff... no way a team puts up points like crazy and then forgets how to play football in the second half.

Teams are making adjustments at half time and Carolina is doing the same old thing and getting exposed. Part of this falls on Cam's shoulders but most of it falls on the coaches.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Defense (pass rush and secondary), maybe a receiver on offense and a late round RB ...playoffs are well within sight. What good would it have been to draft Julio Jones with no one capable of throwing him the ball.

Steve Smith: 2010 season = 544 yards, rank (81st)
Steve Smith: 2011 season = 1394 yards, rank (5th)

It ain't rocket science...
Steve Smith: 2009 season = 982 yards, 7 TDs, 5.6 YAC (.3 off from this year)
Steve Smith: 2008 season = 1421 yards, 6 TDs, 5.6 YAC

Better numbers with Jake, a guy with similiar numbers to Moore...
2008 Jake = 59.4%, 15:12
2011 Matt = 60.5%, 16:9

Is this more "rocket science"?

Agree on the needs though they need a o-line (tackle/guard) over a RB. I would push that route after the two big needs on defense (which you listed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03
I got pulled back in. I was going to leave it at rest until draft time to see if Carolina actually fills the true needs.

Quote:
You want to go in on me yet I stated that weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
Part of this falls on Cam's shoulders but most of it falls on the coaches.
Never thought you would ever say anything bad about Cam But yes, coaching is part of the problem but players still got to play well either way, which they aren't.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Quote:
As for the Falcons, look at their opponents down the stretch who they beat.
The Falcons schedule didn't change after you made the comment.
Quote:
Quality wins? Taking out the losses, this is the combine record of the last 6 opponents: 29-67. We will see how far they go.
Since I was judging your opinion, rather than the Falcons, we don't really need to see where they go from here in order to form a conclusion.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
I feel like part of the 2nd half problems the Panthers had was related to all the injuries they sustained this year. First half you are fresh and flying around, particularly on defense, second half you have no depth and it starts wearing you down. All of a sudden your defense can't stop anyone and so your offense gets more one dimensional to try and keep pace.

I believe our 2nd half woes are lack of depth and coaching. Players don't forget how to play later in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte