Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 06:08 PM

451 posts, read 712,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
Hey Sunshine... Great way to start the week!
Who knows for the illustrious leaders, more likely to hear from county curmudgeons.
I was hoping that if you could post over on FB or on the Observer site, one could also post over here. A simple copy, paste as usual would do. Perhaps they were going thru all the links Bubba and myself posted Friday prepping for tonight's big meeting. Hard to tell with all the empty chairs. Must be stuck in the rain.

Back to YouTube...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 PM

549 posts, read 680,632 times
"Protect Union County Public Schools BOE watched video of Thursday's BOCC meeting then went into closed session.
20 mins · Like"

Huh? Couldn't they have watched that at home beforehand?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:26 PM

136 posts, read 181,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
"Protect Union County Public Schools BOE watched video of Thursday's BOCC meeting then went into closed session.
20 mins · Like"

A 2-fer! Got to watch a board watching a board. That was some MC Escher stuff.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
20 mins · Like"

Had to get it into the record and I'm not sure how many have ever seen YouTube.

Maybe interesting if they come back but I doubt it. Yates and BoCC admitted more than a few things.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM

398 posts, read 619,164 times
Quote:
LOL!!
And what's up with the thread? Sunny working overtime apparently.
If an independent third-party thinks you are out of line.....hmmmm.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That was some MC Escher stuff.
Obviously one of those Mac disciples.

How elitisite are we?

No NTES for you..

Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 PM

43 posts, read 57,031 times
Quote:
bwahahahaha! *good one*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
LOL!!
And what's up with the thread? Sunny working overtime apparently.
If an independent third-party thinks you are out of line.....hmmmm.
You would never know it from the trash talk on (United) about us tonight. I feel for Sunny - this page has been hard work lately, but at least the trash talk and calling out seems to have moved over to FB (at least for now)

On a positive note, I wish the best for all involved in this mess regardless of where you stand on the issues. I have said this before, but I find the dialogue here intelligent and the debate interesting....It is nice to hear from both 'sides' and many gray areas in between when the civil dialogue does not get interrupted with antagonism. If you are new over here, stick around and don't believe everything you read on FB. The negativity is not necessary, and I hope the lively debate continues in a civil manner so Sunny does not have to work so hard

Old 05-27-2014, 09:05 PM

398 posts, read 619,164 times
I must be looking at a different c-d thread than some others see...wow. To put it in perspective, this smelly c-d echo chamber has been around for over a year now with appx. 4800 post total...avg around 89 per week(not counting what Sunny booted. Another site routinely gets 0ver 700 post per week.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope923 View Post
You would never know it from the trash talk on (United) about us tonight. I feel for Sunny - this page has been hard work lately, but at least the trash talk and calling out seems to have moved over to FB (at least for now)
Why doesn't the Saint reopen (United) back up? It was open well before the pre-candidate days...

Sunny and company have shown it can be done. Real leaders/admins not only have shown that it can be done, but they also love doing their job...

It's all about transparency according to CAPS. Lets watch all the sausage making, even in social media. Just like we almost got to tonight.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 PM

51 posts, read 74,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Why doesn't the Saint reopen (United) back up? It was open well before the pre-candidate days...

Sunny and company have shown it can be done. Real leaders/admins not only have shown that it can be done, but they also love doing their job...

It's all about transparency according to CAPS. Lets watch all the sausage making, even in social media. Just like we almost got to tonight.
The Saint closed that page due to false names such as "Milton S. Littlefield, Elliot Rosewater, Jeff Smith" to name a few. It is OPEN to anyone with a valid FB account, there are many of you who are on that page, even those who just love me so much, yet they remain on that page and are not removed, nor will they be.

The posts have been a bit lively tonight over there on that lil FB page, it started with me posting about how I had spots deleted here when i did not violate the terms at all, yet it is that lil FB page that gets blamed for deleting posts which btw happens extremely rarely by admin and when it happens is mostly by those who start the thread. I of course also said how CD is filled with a lot of great people and debates and issues but only a few posters (some may include me in description) that cause issues. Of course that part gets lost in translation

I think Sunny does a great job as Moderator of this site, I commend him for his efforts. As a Site admin, I know how difficult it can be when there are over 200 posts a day on a site.

Thank you,

Saint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte