Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
That's what I thought. But I have wasted several hours now trying to get through to customer service people and the two I finally spoke w/ tell me emphatically that until that package reaches its destination, it is not tracked. I KNOW!! Crazy!!! Makes no sense. Why do they bother to have scanners and bar coding? I asked that. I was told if it is priority mail, yes, they scan and track. But otherwise, it is only scanned once delivered (thus - out of the system).

I was told to give it til Monday - then if it has not arrived - I have to get the seller to file a claim . . . but they do not process claims until 21 days after they have been filed . . . etc. etc. Nuttiest stuff I have heard. Meanwhile, seller has my money . . . and I don't get my money until the insurance claim is settled.
Email the seller and see if he or she got a receipt when the package was mailed out. There may be an item number, maybe even a tracking number, that either of you could use to see where the package might be.

Now the only problem one might see is the storms that hit last week. Since you don't have a tracking number you don't know if that package was scheduled to go east and then south. Some of my stuff seemed to travel halfway across the country to get to me, sometimes they don't travel the shortest distance between the two points. Not to mention I've had stuff mailed to me from New Jersey that's literally taken two weeks to get to me.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
I have been on that USPS tracking site for days now. Here is what it says when I put the tracking # in.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 17, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

And the agents I spoke to said it won't show anything else until I have received it. I said - come on, why wouldn't it show what truck it was put on, what state it had been received it, etc. They both said - nope - that site is really for SHIPPERS - to see when the person receiving the shipment actually got it. I said - so you mean - the only time it will show any info is after I have received it? They both said YES - and that there was no reason for me to keep checking it cause once it is on my doorstep - then it will be updated that night.

Then I wonder why I got all this info each night while waiting for my Dark Knight blu ray...

Quote:
December 11, 2008 12:12:00 PM CONCORD NC Delivered

December 11, 2008 09:47:00 AM CONCORD NC Arrival Scan

December 10, 2008 05:07:00 PM CHARLOTTE NC Shipment received by carrier

December 10, 2008 03:38:00 PM CHARLOTTE NC Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

December 8, 2008 03:49:00 PM PHOENIX AZ Arrival Scan

I knew that morning when I was getting it due to knowing it was in Charlotte the night before.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Email the seller and see if he or she got a receipt when the package was mailed out. There may be an item number, maybe even a tracking number, that either of you could use to see where the package might be.

Now the only problem one might see is the storms that hit last week. Since you don't have a tracking number you don't know if that package was scheduled to go east and then south. Some of my stuff seemed to travel halfway across the country to get to me, sometimes they don't travel the shortest distance between the two points. Not to mention I've had stuff mailed to me from New Jersey that's literally taken two weeks to get to me.
Oh, I know - storms have caused havoc. I sent packages to other states and the latest any of them were to arrive was the 19th. Well one arrived on the 21st, and one on the 22nd and three on the 23rd.

And the seller who mailed this to me - sent it out on the 17th from (get ready) ILLINOIS! HEE HEE - right in time for those storms.

The seller gave me the tracking number - wh/ is what I keep using when I talk to everyone (and on the website) but again - they say it is not really a tracking number that actually tracks things, ROFL! It is a tracking number that shows when postage was bought and then when the item was delivered. Nothing in between. I still can't fathom it. Why have barcodes? UPS and FedEx can tell you down to the MINUTE when something went thru/ any particular UPS or FedEx building . . . and they update delivery every step of hte way.

I try to never ship by USPS b/c packages get thrown around so badly. I guess I just assumed since there are bar codes - USPS would be able to update me just as UPS and FedEx do. Well, they keep saying if it were priority mail - yes. Otherwise, it is "ground" and they do not track ground.

I guess this means . . . someone could just steal my package any place along the way and no one would have the slightest clue what happened to it.

Seems absurd to me, wh/ is why I held 20 mins to speak to the second customer service agent, cause I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW STUPID IT IS to have barcodes and yet not track packages!!!!!

Maybe they have just hired seasonal employees who are idiots and will just saying anything on the phone to get a person to hang up. But the tracking and confirmation website doesn't give me any info, either.

The whole thing is maddening.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Then I wonder why I got all this info each night while waiting for my Dark Knight blu ray...

I knew that morning when I was getting it due to knowing it was in Charlotte the night before.
See!!! That is what I expected to get. Was yours "ground shipping?" I don't even really know what the difference is! I guess ground shipping is cheaper. . . ???? But the packages were insured so you would THINK that would mean USPS would track them!!!!

Last edited by brokensky; 12-26-2008 at 03:23 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 05:22 PM

This has popped up on a few message boards lately, originating from the houston-imports.com website. This could quite possibly be the single most disastrous apartment in United States. If there's one worse, I'd love to know (or perhaps not). If the tenant is still in there, it's no longer a search and rescue mission but a recovery effort. Between the pizza cartons, the Whataburger cups, the toilet bowl...the...the...

...everything....

Prepare yourself....

Ready?

How can anyone live like this? (pics) - Houston-Imports.com

Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 PM

Okay. This is beyond my comprehension. Basically, if one were to just take trash bags and fill them up, the place would be clean. I mean - why not just carry out the trash? There's not even much furniture - just paper cups, disposable cartons and cig butts. Well, there is that mess in the bathroom wh/ I have not tried to figure out - just grosses me out too much to think about what all that actually is. . .

Old 12-26-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Okay. This is beyond my comprehension. Basically, if one were to just take trash bags and fill them up, the place would be clean. I mean - why not just carry out the trash? There's not even much furniture - just paper cups, disposable cartons and cig butts. Well, there is that mess in the bathroom wh/ I have not tried to figure out - just grosses me out too much to think about what all that actually is. . .

There actually is some furniture in there, it's just hidden underneath the rest of the landfill. There's a bed, a glass coffee table, a computer desk, a couch and a love seat (which I can barely see). Basically it seems like the same amount of furniture that you might see in a small, one bedroom apartment. I couldn't identify anything resembling a kitchen or a dining area. I don't know if I should assume there to be a table to eat on, because eating seems to be the last thing anyone would want to do in there.

Edited to say that I did find a glass table near the couch as well.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
There actually is some furniture in there, it's just hidden underneath the rest of the landfill. There's a bed, a glass coffee table, a computer desk, a couch and a love seat (which I can barely see). Basically it seems like the same amount of furniture that you might see in a small, one bedroom apartment. I couldn't identify anything resembling a kitchen or a dining area. I don't know if I should assume there to be a table to eat on, because eating seems to be the last thing anyone would want to do in there.

Edited to say that I did find a glass table near the couch as well.
I am reading that whole thread!!! I refuse to skip to the end to see if they ever found the gal. I am on P 7. I mean - nothing being said except people expressing their horror - but - it is such a train wreck. I can't help myself!!!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:54 PM

If it's one thing those pictures make me want it's a Whataburger.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
oh this reminds me of the renters I had to clean up after in Greenville.
Nice 7 bedroom Craftsmen style home but it so easily and was turn into a Frat house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.