Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 08:06 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
WOW...that is definitely not the excitement that we have been wanting! Did you slip on something? Or, just pass out?? My goodness, please be careful!! Thank goodness for good friends....
I believe what happened was...I had been throwing the ball and I threw one or two more and he was done chasing so I went over to collect them (4) and I thought I must have had time to bend down and grab one and he must have been running towards me and was closer than I thought. He slammed the left side of my head and body. I don't think I was out on the ground for very long but somehow I managed to get back in the house and make phone calls, remembering the numbers. I don't remember dialing the phone or getting the dog in. I called DH apparently a few times, I vaguely remember his voice and I remember my brother in law's voice saying he was home and that he would be right over. I have no recollection of going out the front door and talking to our neighbor who sat with me on the porch until my brother in law arrived, but apparently I knew I needed help. I have one vision of his face/head and that's it. When my brother and sister in law arrived (they live close by) I fed the dog since I didn't know how long we would be gone and gathered my purse. Once in the car that's when I recall the vision in my left eye come back. Apparently I started crying and freaked out a little bit but I don't remember that at all. As with a concussion I kept repeating the same questions. He must have hit me just right in the jaw. My left side is a little sore but no scrapes and haven't noticed any bruising. Just taking motrin and hanging out.

Hope your feeling better Cubs.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee...dreary day...lacrosse got canceled so I'll be home instead of selling hotdogs...DS is taking an SAT workshop today.

Chicubs....hope you're feeling better today....today definitely feels like a hot soup, stay under the covers day.
NascarNancy...WOW! How did you manage to knock yourself out?? Hope the world's not too loopy for you today & you're feeling better.
Ani...how's DH feeling??

Today, I'll be working on my "Yankee Room". Found a display case through Craigslist for all my autographed baseballs & stuff, great deal! Now I can get stuff out of boxes & on display.

BTW...I picked it up from a company called Chanille at 9311-F Monroe Rd. in Charlotte. Very nice people, LOVED her French accent. They're having a going out of business warehouse sale. Last day will be either Tues. or Wed. of next week. Some really cool stuff in there...giftware, pottery from Provence, jewelry, clocks, perfume bottles, lamps, cheese knives, wine stuff....most are made from 19th century molds & some of the stuff they have dates back from the 60's. Lots of little odd-n-end things. I also picked up a pair of earrings & napkin rings.
Can you remember where abouts on Monroe Road? I can look for the address but if you can remember which little shopping centre it's it I would be ever so grateful.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Can you remember where abouts on Monroe Road? I can look for the address but if you can remember which little shopping centre it's it I would be ever so grateful.
It's not in a shopping center, it's in a corporate park, in the back. We came from Independence Blvd, right on Conference Dr & then a left onto Monroe Rd. It was about 2 miles down on your left.

Annie is the French woman there & Jon is the young guy...both very nice. I told them I was going to post about them here.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:15 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I believe what happened was...I had been throwing the ball and I threw one or two more and he was done chasing so I went over to collect them (4) and I thought I must have had time to bend down and grab one and he must have been running towards me and was closer than I thought. He slammed the left side of my head and body. I don't think I was out on the ground for very long but somehow I managed to get back in the house and make phone calls, remembering the numbers. I don't remember dialing the phone or getting the dog in. I called DH apparently a few times, I vaguely remember his voice and I remember my brother in law's voice saying he was home and that he would be right over. I have no recollection of going out the front door and talking to our neighbor who sat with me on the porch until my brother in law arrived, but apparently I knew I needed help. I have one vision of his face/head and that's it. When my brother and sister in law arrived (they live close by) I fed the dog since I didn't know how long we would be gone and gathered my purse. Once in the car that's when I recall the vision in my left eye come back. Apparently I started crying and freaked out a little bit but I don't remember that at all. As with a concussion I kept repeating the same questions. He must have hit me just right in the jaw. My left side is a little sore but no scrapes and haven't noticed any bruising. Just taking motrin and hanging out.

Hope your feeling better Cubs.
WOW!! What a freak accident!! You just don't know how powerful these dogs are....I had one knock me down a couple of years ago at the dog park and broke a bone in my foot!! They just get so excited and don't realize their strength!! I hope that you are feeling better today.

I am also feeling a bit better...will try to do small things today and rest up...can't take any more time off work...

Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
WOW!! What a freak accident!! You just don't know how powerful these dogs are....I had one knock me down a couple of years ago at the dog park and broke a bone in my foot!! They just get so excited and don't realize their strength!! I hope that you are feeling better today.

I am also feeling a bit better...will try to do small things today and rest up...can't take any more time off work...

Me too..couch potato! I felt pretty clear headed this AM, feel a little tired now so may take a nap. Glad it's a rainy nap day. Glad to hear you are feeling better too.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
I feel like crap today too. Apparently I have the mumps.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I feel like crap today too. Apparently I have the mumps.
Seriously???

Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,267 times
OK, I leave you guys for a day and you're all falling apart!!!! Waddup wit dat? I hope you all start to feel better tomorrow.
I've been hanging around on Facebook lately. I've had a ball re-connecting with high school friends and looking at their family photo's. I haven't seen some of these people in over @#!* years!!!
I've really enjoyed catching up and am looking forward to out next reunion. Alot of them have moved to the Jersey Shore so we're planning a mini reunion in the summer. I've also enjoyed seeing some of you on there. It's nice to put a face with a name.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
OK, I leave you guys for a day and you're all falling apart!!!! Waddup wit dat? I hope you all start to feel better tomorrow.
I've been hanging around on Facebook lately. I've had a ball re-connecting with high school friends and looking at their family photo's. I haven't seen some of these people in over @#!* years!!!
I've really enjoyed catching up and am looking forward to out next reunion. Alot of them have moved to the Jersey Shore so we're planning a mini reunion in the summer. I've also enjoyed seeing some of you on there. It's nice to put a face with a name.
We need a c/d group on Facebook...

Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I'm scared to mainly because I am very new to facebook and afraid of implications of my face being known and I defititely have trouble understanding the features.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte