Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 AM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times

Advertisements

You know, I gotta say, maybe that armored car for Cal City should become a reality.

A bank robbery, an officer shot and two men murdered in the space of 24 hours really speaks volumes about how lethal the town has become.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,232 times
^ Not to mention the bar fight early this morning, in Calumet City, that resulted in two men getting shot to death and another shot seriously who is barely holding onto life as we speak.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
It all makes sense now. No wonder! I revealed some not so nice truths about your hometown. At least your over that childish behavior now, friend.
You have horrible reading comprehension skills, friend. Lansing is not my hometown. I was born and raised on the southside of Chicago. I lived in Lansing for six years as an adult. I only visited family as a child.

You haven't "revealed" anything.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
You have horrible reading comprehension skills, friend. Lansing is not my hometown. I was born and raised on the southside of Chicago. I lived in Lansing for six years as an adult. I only visited family as a child.

You haven't "revealed" anything.
If you had lived there, it was your hometown. Just check the definition. I'm glad we could bury the hatchet, old time nemesis but new found buddy. I wish I could shake your hand.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
If you had lived there, it was your hometown. Just check the definition. I'm glad we could bury the hatchet, old time nemesis but new found buddy. I wish I could shake your hand.
Hometown: : the city or town where one was born or grew up ; also : the place of one's principal residence

I didn't grow up in Lansing and I don't live there now. It is not my hometown.

There are people on here with whom I've had vehement disagreements. I would sit down for a drink with them in a hot second. You, however, I wouldn't shake your hand to save my life. I think you are a misogynistic, bigoted, uneducated ass.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
Hometown: : the city or town where one was born or grew up ; also : the place of one's principal residence

I didn't grow up in Lansing and I don't live there now. It is not my hometown.

There are people on here with whom I've had vehement disagreements. I would sit down for a drink with them in a hot second. You, however, I wouldn't shake your hand to save my life. I think you are a misogynistic, bigoted, uneducated ass.
What an educated response/sarcasm. Especially, considering that I have multiple degrees and am 3 semesters from my third degree. I love women, I don't know where you get that from. You lived in Lansing for a good portion of your life, you are biased. Using curse words is a sure sign of a feeble mind.

As far as my opinion of you, you obviously can't handle the truth so I suggest that you stay out of the kitchen. Not to mention that your standards are much lower than mine. Talk to you later BFF.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM

274 posts, read 709,019 times
[quote=At1WithNature;8895779]I'd give it about a 6, maybe higher. Wilmette being a 10, Ford Heights being a 1. Lynwood is kind of in the middle of no where but they have some shady characters in some of those houses. I remember about 5 years ago, this one black girl I met at Lincoln Mall lived in Lynwood. She gave me an address, over the phone, to an abandoned house. When I pulled up, I walked up to the door and noticed cobwebs on the cracks of the door. Alarm bells went off knowing I probably am getting set up for a robbery but I was pretty young and dumb at the time. Long story short, as I'm walking back to my '93 Bravada (at the time), I see this little white cavalier pull up with a dude in the backseat, a dude driving, and that chick in the passenger's seat. The driver was mean mugging me hardcore and the girl had a look of surprise on her face like (We just missed a Vick). Needless to say, I get the heck out of there. That's just my experience with Lynwood. The town seems OK but I know there are some shady characters in some of those houses..[quote=At1WithNature;889579]

Well, I said with 1 being the best; not 10. So Ford Heights is now better than a north shore suburb huh? just joking

Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 AM

12 posts, read 20,214 times
thanks for this insight thread! I'm Staying there (LANSING) mid june, w/ my 2 kids, (A Div Dad on vac.) I 80/94 near #161 Hope its OK? D

Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drej View Post
thanks for this insight thread! I'm Staying there (LANSING) mid june, w/ my 2 kids, (A Div Dad on vac.) I 80/94 near #161 Hope its OK? D
As long as it's not the Pioneer Motel, you'll be fine. There are a couple of nice newer hotels in that area.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
Lansing is alright. The crime rate for 2007 is still below average. If you feel unsafe in Lansing, then you are paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs