Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Or house swap with Mr. Whips -- he seems vaguely fond of Englewood...
Englewood is okay for me ,because I knew many people. There decent parts of Englewood as well as bad. I was born(Englewood Hospital) and raise in Englewood. I move to Oaklawn when I was 25, but still manage to grace the blocks with my ghetto fabulous arse. Move from racist Oaklawn to Oswego,living here for 7 years now. When I visit Englewood now,I feel depressed. I still think Englewood can turn around.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
That Mikaris01 post really seems fake to me.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:51 PM

381 posts, read 842,426 times
Isn't Derrick Rose from Englewood? We can send him fan mail asking him if he is.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:51 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,444,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Takes a lot of time dedication to troll that hard. If it is, then kudos to him for wasting all of our times.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,444,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nJohn View Post
Isn't Derrick Rose from Englewood? We can send him fan mail asking him if he is.
Believe so. Saw him being honored on the news last night for his community work in that area.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,642 times
Besides the bogus-sounding tone and ridiculous stories, if you had $850/month to spend on lodging who the hell in their right mind would you spend it in a place like that. $850 can get you a "vintage" two-bedroom in many normal neighborhoods. Put someone on the couch or double up, but get the hell out of there.

I don't consider that story remotely credible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post

Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Besides the bogus-sounding tone and ridiculous stories, if you had $850/month to spend on lodging who the hell in their right mind would you spend it in a place like that. $850 can get you a "vintage" two-bedroom in many normal neighborhoods. Put someone on the couch or double up, but get the hell out of there.

I don't consider that story remotely credible.
Agreed. It was just another weirdo obsessed with gun laws. He made up a story to support his point of view.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 PM

184 posts, read 766,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaris01 View Post
I'm an AA currently living in englewood...
Yeah, right.

The Mikaris01 post is obviously bogus. Notice that he seems to know motivations and details of situations that he did not witness at all. Stereotypical fantasy created for a gullible northside audience.

Quote:
(apparantly the dealers on my block thought there was a police camera in it recording them so they torched it one morning).
How would Mikaris01 know that?

Quote:
another day I witnessed a pack of 4 guys right in front of me trying to attack another guy walking by himself minding his business until he ran out in the street to escape them.
How would Mikaris01 know that was the reason for attacking?

Quote:
And then drunk ones in their beater cars swerve all over the place while driving (I still haven't figured that one out) but we've had our car smashed into twice by them in the middle of the night just parked in front of our house.
How would Mikaris01 know who was responsible?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 AM

37 posts, read 386,871 times
850 a month is what lots of bike messenger/artist/musician/hipsters pay to live in logan square and humboldt park.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 PM

15 posts, read 49,577 times
Sorry folks, it's not a fake post. I tried to put breaks in but it kept deleting them, must be the quick reply. Yes I do live there, yes it is that bad. I know about the dealer thinking their was a camera in the car I was watching over because some of the other neighbors told me because some of them said they saw him do it. But like I said, they run the block and everybody else is cool with it, they have their own thug law and code of conduct. Check out what the google van caught on the street map view in front of my house: 7000 s. Green st. chicago - Google Maps I want to start using PO box addresses on my resume because it's embarrassing if a potential employer decides to see where I live and the street map view caught the dealers and the crackwhores in front of my house. If you think it's fake, drive past the corner of 70th and green and you'll see the ladies their waiting to get picked up in front of the boarded up bar across the street from the car wash. Go on that block on green street (you'll have to turn down 71st since it's one way and then drive up) and you'll see the boarded up house in the middle of the block on the right where they did their dirt right next to mine. They had a "mysterious" fire there so it's boarded up, you'll still see the char marks by the windows. The pimp/dealer there used to keep the front gate chained up so that it was harder for the cops to sneak up on them, but it also made it harder for the fiends to get in sometimes so they would always come in through my gate and hop over. Pretty sucky considering I have a wife and 6 kids and we had crackheads and prostitutes constantly coming into our front gate to hop the wall. And they were still doing it after the fire, it's only slowed down because it's been winter. I expect it to start booming again once it's consistently warm. So I'm sorry if it's disturbing to hear this but it's true. And this is actually BETTER than where my wife used to live with her 6 kids over by the king drive stop on the green line. No hookers their but insane drug dealing and kids gone completely wild popping firecrackers all night every night, not an adult in site. Oh yeah and for mel 2000's questions: -I'm not bogus, I moved to chicago in '02. I'm originally from baltimore, grew up there so I'm no stranger to bad neighborhoods. I first lived in wicker park my first 2 years but then moved to the southside when I got engaged to my now wife who lived down here already(born and raised), much easier for me being a single guy to move then for her and her 6 kids (and much cheaper) to move where I was. -About them talking about the police camera, as I stated earlier, some of the neighbors who are friendly with my wife told us. There are some decent people here but the gangsters still run everything. -About the 4 guys about to jump the single guy, I don't know their motivations. But 69th is a long straight street coming from the red line and you can see a good 2-3 blocks ahead of you. And I saw the single guy in front of me and those 4 guys change direction and cross the street, one got in front of him, the other in back. He slipped between some cars and ran in the street to get away from them. He came up past me and I asked him where those guys messing with him and he said yes. Thats when I saw the bus coming and I hopped on to avoid the situation. I had just had 2 guys try to rob me a couple of months earlier in the same area. -About the car smashing, once I saw the aftermath of the car that did it, it got totaled and was completely spun around on our street. The other times I just heard the crash but the car was gone but a row of 4 parked cars all damaged from the chain effect. Our neighbor that got totalled multiple times told us about hers that happened before we moved there. For anyone questioning the living, I freelance, my money is inconsistant and my wife is unable to work fulltime. So 850 a month for an apartment for 8 people is a steal and all we can afford, not the $1500 min we'd need for a 3 bedroom in wicker park (not including heat). I would think that the only reason anyone would live here is simply because they have to. I'm only here now because with the amount of money we make, this is our only chance to actually be able to save money to get a house. There is nothing positive about englewood unless you're dealing in the dirt, or you smoke so you can get some loose squares on any block. Other than that, you must not actually have to do much interaction and you just go straight from your house to the car and then to some other destination outside of here. My landlord has been here for years and he said it's always been like this, it actually used to be worse but it comes and goes. It builds up for a few years, then the cops sweep down hard and it gets quiet for a year, then it slowly builds back up again. Come ride around this area when it starts getting consistently warm, or better yet walk around here and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Mikaris01; 05-01-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago