Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The purpose of those verses was to give comfort and hope to His followers when they endured the same or similar treatment He received from the barbaric primitives of their day. It is NOT a TEST of the truth of your version of the gospel!!! What unbelievers or the world think about your version of the gospel. . . or how they treat you is NOT proof that your version is the truth!!! That is an unbelievably absurd interpretation of scripture..
Indeed He wanted to give comfort and hope to His followers, but the Bible still applies to us today. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" Matt 25:34. He still gives comfort and hope to His followers!

Of course people (the world) disapproving of what someone has to say doesn't determine that their belief is true, BUT if the world is approving of what you say and loves you, you can be sure that something isn't right!

‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What are you talking about? I'm not trying to "convert" him. I was showing that he, as an unbeliever, is supporting you and agrees with you, but the Bible says that the opposite will happen if you are a follower of Christ. That shows to me that you aren't following Christ because you are following a false gospel.

The universalist wants to show their love, but the Bible says that "all men will hate you because of me". How is that possible if all you talk about is love? You need to show love by showing the truth and people will not like the truth thus the persecution begins.
CantWait2Leave (I like that name!),
There is a false belief in the world that says that ANY persecution is "Godly" persecution, as long as you're on the "right" side.
Believe me, you don't have to be a Christian to make people hate you! All you need to do is judge people, and I can guarantee you, they'll hate you!

I don't believe God works by condemning people, but by covering their sins.

Blessings!
brian

Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Are you saying that this board is not really real?...LOL
YES! Lol

You know what I mean

Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
2 Tim 3:12 "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

Don't you believe the Bible was written for the people back then so these verse don't apply today? If so, that makes sense why you don't think everyone who follows Christ will be persecuted and hated.
In 2. Tim. 3:13 they are told that evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse right? So is it bad enough yet?

What comes after worse? In that day being a Christ follower meant persecution... Do you fear gathering together now? Is it the same as then?

The persecution of christians was the worst when? I believe it was right before the Roman empire ceased to exist! Read up here Persecution of Christians

I hardly think these passage are proof that if the world agrees with you then you must not be speaking the truth...

However, you are entitled to your opinion!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 PM

78 posts, read 107,466 times
posted by: cw2leave:

Quote:
Jesus made a lot of people mad by proclaiming the truth hence why he was crucified.
yeah, and just who was it that got the crowds all riled up to crucify Him?......the leaders of the church at the time, they were the ones getting it all "worked" up and going, they were the ones who despised Him,

Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
posted by: cw2leave:

yeah, and just who was it that got the crowds all riled up to crucify Him?......the leaders of the church at the time, they were the ones getting it all "worked" up and going, they were the ones who despised Him,
Yes, they were not Christians. They did not believe what He said just like many today don't believe.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Yes, they were not Christians. They did not believe what He said just like many today don't believe.
They CAN'T believe until the Father reveals Himself to them. We are all in the same boat, friend!

blessings,
brian

Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You know, I've been thinking about this... Are females more likely to be UR and the guys ETer's? It's weird....but I bet if you took a poll, more guys would be ETer's than the ladies. Do you think so?

My wife and both daughters are all UR's (without my guiding help ). So for the ladies, it's a perfect score in our house. But I'm not sure how this would have worked out if we had sons....any comments from those with both sons and daughters?
Good Question. I only have young children but my boy would only pay attention to UR if it came to him in the shape of a car and had "cool" wheels. Granted he's just turning 8, but my older girls already came to me and asked about hell because of a summer bible camp. They couldn't believe God burns people... I let them tell me that God is Love...

Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
They CAN'T believe until the Father reveals Himself to them. We are all in the same boat, friend!

blessings,
brian
Rev 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

He's knocking and we all need to answer!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
We just moved into a big house. I don't always hear when someone is at the door. And our doorbell doesn't work. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity