Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

June,
I will certianly agree on this point with you:
"The non-stop arguing, contentiousness, and (at times) downright nastiness reflects poorly."

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||

Your question...ET v. UR AND LIFE NOW: is answered by this NT passage: Hebrews 11:6

LIFE NOW....
Is it possible to be morale \ cleancut \ be charitable \ a sweet old lady \ and at peace ..... yes

Is that God pleasing enough to make into heaven?

God says....No.

"without faith it is impossible to please God" Hebrews 11:6

UR would will have you believe it this way:

"without faith it is still possible to please God...for nothing is impossible for God"

You may not understand for quite possibly you chosen not to, but God's Word Hebrews 11:6 is not "on the same side of the coin" as UR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 05:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
June,
"The non-stop arguing, contentiousness, and (at times) downright nastiness reflects poorly."

Your question...ET v. UR AND LIFE NOW: is answered by this NT passage: Hebrews 11:6

LIFE NOW....
Is it possible to be morale \ cleancut \ be charitable \ a sweet old lady \ and at peace ..... yes

God says....No.

"without faith it is still possible to please God...for nothing is impossible for God"

You may not understand for quite possibly you chosen not to, but God's Word Hebrews 11:6 is not "on the same side of the coin" as UR.

It has ALWAYS been the ELECT who have been rewarded because of faith. Faith moves mountains. What does it do for those 'outside the camp?' How does God use the elect?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
A message of God's love brings reconciliation. (That's how Love works; that's exactly what Jesus came to demonstrate to us.)
A message of intimidation and threats of hell brings rebellion.
That is *exactly* the concept I've been trying to express for most of my time on the Pagan path:

If you want to 'convert' someone -- if you *truly* want them to come to Christ, in whatever manner you deem neccessary -- quit telling people they'll be tortured for eternity if they don't.

Yes, Hell may be a very real place; I don't know for sure and quite frankly, I don't want to know. Most of what I hear from the Nice People with the Books that Knock on my Door on Sunday is a lot of 'Hellfire this' and 'eternal suffering that', and you know what? That stuff is pretty depressing, folks.

Instead of making people afraid, try finding out what they want from religion in general -- find something that would make them happy, instead of scared. It's a good bet that people would be more willing to listen to your message if you weren't telling them they were doomed from the get-go.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
But according to classic ET theology,
Et theology...you mean what the scriptures teach?

Quote:
what happens to those who didn't and don't live where they were able to hear this and make a decision on it?
What did Paul say?

Quote:
Not to mention why anyone hearing about Christianity.
Again...what did Paul say?

Lest you forget....the wrath of God abides in us all until we come to Christ. We are all damed and depraved.

Why can't anyone just take the scriptures for what it says anymore?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:

More misrepresentation by someone who is against the belief that God can and will save all mankind. If I'm wrong, please cite a reliable source of UR beliefs saying that it is possible to PLEASE God without faith.

Luke 1:37 - "For nothing is impossible with God."

I believe it is not a misrepresentation to say that ET believers would have you believe it this way:

"For nothing is impossible with God, except for saving all mankind."

Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 PM

55 posts, read 70,267 times
June come to the Lord,accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour,as I earlier stated "Death is like a thief in the night",so we know not the length of time here on Earth,don't let it be too late.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
June,

LIFE NOW....

God says....No.

Twin, dear twin:

June understands what you are saying, but it's somewhat difficult to reconcile this whole notion that God somehow WANTS to 'have a relationship' with his own creation, but on "certain terms." --It seems to June that you either believe in a loving God, or an arbitrarily loving God. -The latter of which June can't help but wonder isn't man made/human-imposed and interpretted....In other words, if one has faith in God, wouldn't one already by definition be pleasing God?

(Does that make sense?)

P.S. Am glad we could agree on at least one thing, above, however, at the expense of "just June's" vanity, she's got to clarify/correct you as regards the above: June may be moral, she may at times be "clean cut" (whatever that is) she most certainly is "charitable" as well as being at peace. --But while June may be a "sweet" lady, she ain't a "sweet old lady" quite yet! She's still "just June" adorable!

Take gentle twinspin care.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:33 PM

48 posts, read 53,976 times
Humans are sinful, according to Christianity. Then, who loves who?

A perfect God loves the sinful humans? or the sinful humans love a perfect God?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

Instead of making people afraid, try finding out what they want from religion in general.... It's a good bet that people would be more willing to listen to your message if you weren't telling them they were doomed from the get-go.

Now this ^ is what June would call a "compelling post."

Old 06-24-2010, 10:32 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
More misrepresentation by someone who is against the belief that God can and will save all mankind. If I'm wrong, please cite a reliable source of UR beliefs saying that it is possible to PLEASE God without faith.
Let's see...you are indirectly invoking 1 Tim 2 again....a broken record to say the least of a scripture that doesn't even support this doctrine. Great job in ripping the scriptures again to promote such fallacy.

Why can't anyone just take the scriptures for what it says anymore?
Why must we rip it apart and out of its context?

Quote:
Luke 1:37 - "For nothing is impossible with God."
More eisegesis.

Quote:
"For nothing is impossible with God, except for saving all mankind."
More assumption.....classic eisegesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity