Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
There are a few non-believers who read this forum, as far as I can see, but they read it not to learn but to laugh at Christians, with one or two exceptions. I suspect the non-Christian readership is pretty small.

Even so, why would you be trying to reach non-Christians here? It's like dropping leaflets written in French into the middle of the Swedish countryside in the event a French tourist is happening through. Why not drop those leaflets in the middle of Toulouse or Paris?

I just don't get it.

That is what it is like to you, but from the private messages and reps I get, I have to respectfully disagree that your objections represent anything that I need to concern myself with.

There is also something to be said to help people who already believe find spiritual freedom now rather than remain in the bondage of lies.

The bible says to do good to ALL, especially for those who believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Defending something you didn't believe in, but were taught makes NO sense whatsoever. You didn't say you questioned it, you said you didn't believe in it.

The Bible is true. Hell is real. You have bought into the lie.
I have nothing more to say to you CW2L. You follow me around like a puppy dog waiting to get in your digs whenever you can. I've explained this to you yet you want to argue about what I said? Where do your priorities lie? Go find someone else to harass.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:09 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I have nothing more to say to you CW2L. You follow me around like a puppy dog waiting to get in your digs whenever you can. I've explained this to you yet you want to argue about what I said? Where do your priorities lie? Go find someone else to harass.
LOL follow you around? You're a funny one Ilene Wright.

God bless.

FYI: I'm sorry you think I harass you. I rarely even write to you, but I apologize if you've been hurt by what I've said. I pray for you everyday and sincerely wish God's greatest blessings on your life.

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 06-29-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: wanted to add more

Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,281 times
Quote:
You're SO wrong about that.......have you ever noticed the amount of people who read these threads as opposed to those who actually post? I have gotten countless reps from non-members and those who are not believers, and dm messages as well. There are THOUSANDS of people who read this forum, and they are not all believers. Don't think that the message of Jesus Christ isn't getting out there. We could ask you the same things, you know. Why are you spending so much time arguing with UR's when they are already Christians and know Jesus Christ?
See my post about Universal Soldier as Heresy.

There are gradations of this Heresy. You seem to really be all over the map. Some of you seem perhaps pretty close to Orthodox(?), but others are completely off the map (throw away the OT, reincarnation, reject Paul's letters, Judaism is "fear-based" (antisemitism), channeling. Oy Vey ).

Antisemitism--yeah, that's the one other theme many of you seem to agree on. I've picked up that pattern all right.

Nearly all of you appear to be embracing some form or another of Gnosticism--not Christianity. It is really difficult for me to keep track.

I really don't know what most of you believe about the actual Gospel anyway because of your 24x7 obsession with battling ET!

But this is all just my humble opinion. I'm not even a Protestant so who am I to say?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is what it is like to you, but from the private messages and reps I get, I have to respectfully disagree that your objections represent anything that I need to concern myself with.

There is also something to be said to help people who already believe find spiritual freedom now rather than remain in the bondage of lies.

The bible says to do good to ALL, especially for those who believe.
I get a lot of good feedback too. So that isn't much of an indicator.

This Heresy (Universal Soldier) is not "spiritual freedom"--it is a seductive lie from the pit of Hell. Leading people into deception is not "doing good" -- unless you are speaking for the Ministry of Truth.

I still don't understand why you people are so obsessed with ET since ET is a Christian who will be with you forever in Paradise. Why not try to reach the un-churched?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:

Ilene,

Where is your spirit of peace, acceptance, and love? Where is all that joy you say you have found since becoming a Universal Soldier? I am truly not being sarcastic--I genuinely want to know. That's why I posted here in the first place.

Isn't ET as worthy of that peace, joy, and love as everyone else?

This is my point exactly. Bring your practice into accordance with your preaching. Walk the talk.

Or at least use the "ignore" feature.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You come here and complain about the debating yet you keep perpetuating it. That's what I was saying before.......ET perpetuates the debate, not the UR's. Universalism is most definitely NOT heresy, and you should stop saying that about God's plan. I imagine He's not taking too kindly to that.
I am not complaining about the debating -- good grief! I am trying to UNDERSTAND why you bother with ET--as I explained above, MANY times.

It sounds like you have a direct telephone line to God since you know "His plan" with such certainty. Why don't you ask Him then how he feels about my posts on this thread? When He tells you his opinion, please let me know. Even if says He's angry (as you imply He probably is) I will take it on the chin.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
I get a lot of good feedback too. So that isn't much of an indicator.
Maybe not, but I'm not whining about you posting here.

Quote:

This Heresy (Universal Soldier) is not "spiritual freedom"--it is a seductive lie from the pit of Hell. Leading people into deception is not "doing good" -- unless you are speaking for the Ministry of Truth.
Different people find freedom in different ways, if you are spiritually free, good for you, I am not saying you cannot be. As for me, if you believe I do not have spiritual freedom then your entitled to your belief but it is meaningless to me when I am spiritually free now when I know I was not before.

Quote:

I still don't understand why you people are so obsessed with ET since ET is a Christian who will be with you forever in Paradise. Why not try to reach the un-churched?
The verse that says do good to all, especially of the family of faith is one aspect of that. I share my faith with unbelievers as well.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 06-29-2010 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Maybe not, but I'm not whining about you posting here.

Different people find freedom in different ways, if you are spiritually free, good for you, I am not saying you cannot be. As for me, if you believe I do not have spiritual freedom then your entitled to your belief but it is meaningless me when I am spiritually free now when I know I was not before.

The verse that says do good to all, especially of the family of faith is one aspect of that. I share my faith with unbelievers as well.
I think we will have to "agree to disagree."

Blessings

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
I remain ET and proud.
I remain a Universal Soldier and proud.

To answer your question about why we talk about our beliefs, one reason is because we don't like seeing God's character assassinated. If someone accused my daddy of setting someone on fire to torture them, I'd defend him, too.

You asked why we waste our time on the forum when we could be telling others besides people who believe in Jesus. I could ask you a similar question. Why do you waste your time on here when, if hell is a literal lake of fire - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!! Why don't you get off the computer and try to make sure everyone you meet isn't on their way to hell? You asked if we should be out shopping or something? Well since we know that God has no intention of setting anyone on fire for eternity, it would be reasonable for use to choose shopping or being on the internet or getting a pedicure. But what about YOU? Are you going to get a pedicure and not bother to ask the person working on your feet if they are on their way to hell? What if they are not a believer and they die right after the nail polish dries on your feet? What are you going to tell God when you get to heaven? I don't know why ETers can't see the insanity of it, and instead fool themselves into believing it's true, but not their problem. If it's true, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity