Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Of course Saul hated God. He did not know who God was. And the God he did not know, he hated.
I disagree.

Quote:
Similar to those who protect their own family with a gun? That kind of believing (and/or killing) if it comes down to it?
I would, if it meant saving my family.

Quote:
Regardless, it was done out of his hate for Christ.
He did not equate his hatred of the Way, for hating God.

Quote:
Sure it does. Those who hated Jesus hated His Spirit (God).
Sorry. This is not correct to assume Paul hated God simply because he didn't know Jesus. Most Jews did not know Christ, but some did.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that my friend, I'm also too tired to go through this line by line, it would prove fruitless...LOL
The truth of the matter is that Saul, like all sinners, was a worker of iniquity. Yet God still loved him, just like He does all sinners. This refutes the idea that God hates ALL workers of iniquity without also loving them too.
God hates wickedness. God hates those who 'practice' wickedness. The verses stating this cannot be refuted. Sorry if this goes against your theology, but it doesn't change the scriptures. God loves, yes. But God also sent His Son, out of love.

Now, for those who go against His ONLY begotten Son,,,,they will feel how much He hates them, until they are dead. They are twice dead,,doubly uprooted, etc.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Because he percieved they were a threat to Judaism, which is what he was called to do as a Pharisee.

Yes, I would agree.

Disagree. You cannot be a Pharisee and hate God. Sorry, nice try though.

Only because he didn't know what he was doing. Had he known, he would not have committed murder in God's name, not unlike today's day and age, with Christians killing others on foreign soil. I am sure they believe what theya re doing is in accordance to God's will.

Doesn't matter how they were imprisoned,,,just the fact they were,,falsely.

Only because he didn't know better. Again, the Pharisee was the Law-keeper and enforcer.

More like nonbelief in Jesus. Had nothing at all to do with the Father.

Aren't we all? Do we ALL not at times, succumb to certain fleshly doubts? It is only when we mature past the point of childhood does our faith stand strongest.

Again, only because he didn't know what he was doing.

Paul was 'set aside' from birth. Kind of a unique person he was.

A peculiar people,,not ALL people.

Paul was a Pharisee and a law-keeper, so he thought. Otherwise, God would not have chosen him for his task.

Ask the Jews that question. That is who you are aiming at. The ones in the first covenant.

Sure, if it is of the Law. It was a requirement of the Mosaic Law that blasphemers be put to death. Why is it do you think they killed Jesus?

Was awesome. We gave thanks to our Creator for the blessings He has bestowed on our family.

So then i take it that you do not believe Jesus is God, or even the express image of God, or that he has the fullness of the mind of the father?

If Saul hated Jesus, and if Jesus is God, and or the express image of God and has the fullness of the mind of the father, then Saul hated God. He loved his false understanding of who God was, but he hated who God really was.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good. I was only returning your arrogant remark back to you.
Arrogant remark?

You must have experienced a brain-fart with that Stinkin' thinkin.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So then I take it that you do not believe Jesus is God, or even the express image of God, or that he has the fullness of the mind of the father?
You read alot into what I say, without me even saying it, don't you.

Of course I believe that the Christ is God. Why wouldn't I? I questioned Jesus being God apart from the Christ, at baptism, because that was where I was led. My answers were realized IN the Word through the Spirit,,,not man and his interpretations.

Quote:
If Saul hated Jesus, and if Jesus is God, and or the express image of God and has the fullness of the mind of the father, then Saul hated God.
Saul did NOT know that Jesus Christ was God, period. So, yes. In a round about way, Saul hated God. But if you would have asked Saul if he hated god, his answer would have been emphatically, NO. I feel like we are in a Texas two step.

Quote:
He loved his false understanding of who God was, but he hated who God really was.
LOL, doesn't most of humanity?

I take it you don't believe God actually hates, even though the Word says He does? Well, do you?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good. I was only returning your arrogant remark back to you.
Mat 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:

I take it you don't believe God actually hates, even though the Word says He does? Well, do you?
God IS love. Therefore, His hate IS Love. Therefore anyone whom God hates is receiving His love. After all God chastises all whom He loves:

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What nags at the back of my mind, Jerwade . . . is the idea that we reap what we sow . . . bitterness sows bitter fruit . . . etc. and that what we ourselves create in our minds might just be what we find at the end of life. A truly sobering thought as I look back over my life. When I combine that with my absolute certainty that our consciousness is eternal and everything we think and feel in our consciousness cannot destroyed but must be either "repented" in this life or "refined" in the next . . . it makes my concern over these heinous doctrines of fear and ET of our brothers and sisters truly troubling.
... Amen, Mystic.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God IS love. Therefore, His hate IS Love. Therefore anyone whom God hates is receiving His love. After all God chastises all whom He loves:

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
This is written to a covenant people, the Hebrews.

I am sure when He finally destroys souls, it will be out of divine Love, and perfect Judgement.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
You read alot into what I say, without me even saying it, don't you.

Of course I believe that the Christ is God. Why wouldn't I? I questioned Jesus being God apart from the Christ, at baptism, because that was where I was led. My answers were realized IN the Word through the Spirit,,,not man and his interpretations.

Saul did NOT know that Jesus Christ was God, period. So, yes. In a round about way, Saul hated God. But if you would have asked Saul if he hated god, his answer would have been emphatically, NO. I feel like we are in a Texas two step.

LOL, doesn't most of humanity?

No, i don't believe God hates anyone, i believe that the the the old testament writers who who were blinded by the Law of eye for an eye which Jesus came to abolish believed God hated, because of their own undeveloped spirituality.

I believe that god prefers some to others for the purpose of his own election, and not according to anything that we do in this life.

However when Christ came he dispelled the veil of ignorance that blinded the minds of Israel and still does today in their reading of the old testament, as Paul clearly maintained.

Something Many Christians still cant understand.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-28-2010 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
No, i don't believe God hates, i believe that the the the old testament writers who who were blinded by the Law of eye for an eye which Jesus came to abolish believed God hated, because of their own undeveloped spirituality.
Really??

You really think the prophets, psalms, and the Law was written by people who were just blinded? Lord PLEASE, give me some of that blindness.

Well, what about James? Was he blinded to?

Quote:
I believe that god prefers some to others for the purpose of his own election, and not according to anything that we do in this life.
Hmm, ok. There we those FEW that were purposed according to His divine plan, but to think ALL humanity has the same purpose? Show me!

Quote:
However when Christ came he dispelled the veil of ignorance that blinded the minds of Israel and still does today in their reading of the old testament, as Paul clearly maintained.
It was THEIR understanding of the Law,,not what was written down. By claiming the writers of the OT were blinded when they wrote,,,makes what you believe,,,a cult. Sorry. You must take the whole counsel of the Word,,,not the parts that are pleasing to your ears.

Quote:
Something Many Christians still cant understand.
Sounds like what they believe is more in line than what you believe. I don't see many Christians discounting the OT claiming the people who wrote them were blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity