U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,248,039 times
Reputation: 464

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
God's just target practicing. Humans are next (I hear).
first man semi-mastered the atom; now i think sadly, he has semi-mastered the bonds.... when you can do that you are amongst the Gods.

God: anyone/ anything that posses rein over your life.

 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,745,070 times
Reputation: 58197
We had a recent "scare" with the bird thing, turns out it was just a flock of birds that got in the way of a semi on the highway. Although it is bizarre, I think most all the recent bird and fish "die-offs" can be explained.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,379,434 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
first man semi-mastered the atom; now i think sadly, he has semi-mastered the bonds.... when you can do that you are amongst the Gods.

God: anyone/ anything that posses rein over your life.
Well, I do believe a lot of this weirdness has to do with the "gods", as you say. There are verses which talk about the "gods" calling fire down from heaven (bombs, missiles), doing miracles, making others worship them, and so on, so who knows. I believe the Bible is talking about men who have mastered the universe.

Revelation 11:18. The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great--and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

I think God is an environmentalist.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Revelation 8
[7] The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
[8] And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
[9] And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

The day of reckoning is at hand, and the dead birds, fish and crabs could be yet more fearful signs from Heaven.
..and none of these things have happened yet,and these latest events may not have anything to do w anything at all,just as the oil spill last yr didn't.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Well, I do believe a lot of this weirdness has to do with the "gods", as you say. There are verses which talk about the "gods" calling fire down from heaven (bombs, missiles), doing miracles, making others worship them, and so on, so who knows. I believe the Bible is talking about men who have mastered the universe.

Revelation 11:18. The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great--and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

I think God is an environmentalist.
God recycles.what's funny is Stephen Hawking proved it regarding black holes,even though he doesn't believe in God.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,248,039 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I think God is an environmentalist.
which God?
you know when it comes to the enviroment we are all Gods because we can all make a difference.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,509,112 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Dead birds, fish and crabs could be yet more fearful signs from Heaven. These things are happening in multiple countries around the world. The skeptics sure do have a lot of dismissing to do nowadays; there's the worldwide financial meltdown, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, famine and so forth. The Book of Revelation is becoming more and more of a reality. People's mocking is looking more and more foolish as more and more calamities fall on mankind.
I like the way you said that. The skeptics sure do have a lot of dismissing to do nowadays. Could anything be more true?! People mocking these things are the only ones playing themselves. They will be the ones in dismay and dispair when the Lord returns and they weren't watching. To give you a taste of what their dispair will be like, here's what God says in the Bible.

Revelation 9:6
During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Jeremiah 8:3
Wherever I banish them, all the survivors of this evil nation will prefer death to life, declares the LORD Almighty.

To go even further of how mockers and scoffers will eat their words once Jesus returns, I read a vision a while ago. It was INTENSE. One of the more scary visions of the last days I have read by folk who have claimed ot have dreams or visions from God about the coming calamities of Earth. This particular vision was about seeing those left behind. This man said that he saw maybe hundreds or thousands of people crowding a church THE DAY AFTER the Lord raptured the church. The preacher of this particular church was left behind as well and he had to give an explanation to his left behind members of the congregation why he was there and why he never warned them about the return of the Lord. These people attacked him and tried to kill him. Because there was no holy spirit to stop them, they continued. He said he saw people stabbing themselves with whatever they could find and really trying to kill themselves because they wished they had believed. But they didn't die because death had vanished from the Earth as God said. Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. This is what I try to think about when I think about scoffers and mockers. How terrible it will be for them. That is why we must continue to pray for them in hopes they will turn to God and also watch for him ourselves and not get caught up in an ugodly world and worldy desires.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,248,039 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I like the way you said that. The skeptics sure do have a lot of dismissing to do nowadays. Could anything be more true?! People mocking these things are the only ones playing themselves. They will be the ones in dismay and dispair when the Lord returns and they weren't watching. To give you a taste of what their dispair will be like, here's what God says in the Bible.

Revelation 9:6
During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Jeremiah 8:3
Wherever I banish them, all the survivors of this evil nation will prefer death to life, declares the LORD Almighty.

To go even further of how mockers and scoffers will eat their words once Jesus returns, I read a vision a while ago. It was INTENSE. One of the more scary visions of the last days I have read by folk who have claimed ot have dreams or visions from God about the coming calamities of Earth. This particular vision was about seeing those left behind. This man said that he saw maybe hundreds or thousands of people crowding a church THE DAY AFTER the Lord raptured the church. The preacher of this particular church was left behind as well and he had to give an explanation to his left behind members of the congregation why he was there and why he never warned them about the return of the Lord. These people attacked him and tried to kill him. Because there was no holy spirit to stop them, they continued. He said he saw people stabbing themselves with whatever they could find and really trying to kill themselves because they wished they had believed. But they didn't die because death had vanished from the Earth as God said. Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. This is what I try to think about when I think about scoffers and mockers. How terrible it will be for them. That is why we must continue to pray for them in hopes they will turn to God and also watch for him ourselves and not get caught up in an ugodly world and worldy desires.
what must we do to be saved?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-07-2011 at 05:32 PM..
 
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,379,434 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
God recycles.what's funny is Stephen Hawking proved it regarding black holes,even though he doesn't believe in God.
God recycles... Could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
which God?
you know when it comes to the enviroment we are all Gods because we can all make a difference.

Well, whoever created this place (the God) probably hates to see it in ruin, but I suppose since creation was made to be destroyed (for reasons I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding), all's well that ends well. (Yeah! A stupid cliche )

We are gods, yes, in that we create and destroy in our own little realms, so we can do whatever is in our power to help out instead of stomping around acting like our actions don't matter one bit. This is true.
 
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,745,070 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

This man said that he saw maybe hundreds or thousands of people crowding a church THE DAY AFTER the Lord raptured the church. The preacher of this particular church was left behind as well and he had to give an explanation to his left behind members of the congregation why he was there and why he never warned them about the return of the Lord. These people attacked him and tried to kill him. Because there was no holy spirit to stop them, they continued. He said he saw people stabbing themselves with whatever they could find and really trying to kill themselves because they wished they had believed. But they didn't die because death had vanished from the Earth as God said. Now if that isn't scary, I don't know what is. This is what I try to think about when I think about scoffers and mockers. How terrible it will be for them. That is why we must continue to pray for them in hopes they will turn to God and also watch for him ourselves and not get caught up in an ugodly world and worldy desires.
This man you speak of watched "Left Behind" too many times......it's a scene right out of the movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top