Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Like I said,
why is it UR's can never get beyond their personal attacks !!
Truly is a sad disposition having that need to speak such deep hatred toward another.
The only conclusion one can come to is that, that persons life must be awful miserable !!

Jesus can fix that you know.....
We hypocrites don't seem to know where the rubber meets the road right?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
OK, then tell me, where do all the other people who worship false Gods and false religions spend their eternity after they die?
Not where you think, i would also take Mystic's advice and quit talking about where you think people are ending up, before this thread get's shut down, read the sticky at the top of the forum.

Stop thinking in terms of God destroying people, but destroying that which comes between the union of God and man. Grace means it's in God's hands not ours.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
"In the greatest confusion there is an open channel to the soul through the Spirit, which brings nourishment."

Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Grace is for believers in Christ. Non believers according to scripture will only experience the wrath of God. And that is why salvation in this life is so important.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. Titus 2:11

The grace of God will continue to dawn on the hearts of all men until all are saved.

If the grace of God had never dawned upon your heart you wouldn't even be on this forum.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor 4:6.

It was God who made what you and i have today, if you could even acknowledge this it would be start to us agreeing about the things of God.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And there a furnace of fire ready to melt away the dross of our ego ...
...let the light shine out of darkness!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Wow!

How do you guys look into the same book and come up with completely opposite opinions?

I recall my mom telling me a story about some Jehovah's Witnesses coming to her door when I was a kid. She, knowing they do not believe in eternal torment either, asked them, "if there is no ultimate and eternal consequence for my wrongdoings, why accept what you have to say?" I think this is where the ET position stands. They believe that without that ultimate fear of ETERNAL and EVERLASTING damnation hanging over a person's head, there is no need to buy into their product. If suffering for my misdeeds (while living it up) might only bring me some temporary misery, maybe even death but ultimately I will be gracing the presence of Jesus forever some time in the future, why not just go all out and keep that level of assurance in the back of my head?

Again, I respect the Universalist view that one's commitment to their god should not driven by fear as that will eventually produce hypocrisy and sometimes, even pure evil, but I still believe the universalist worldview is reaction to the old traditional, fear based ugly view that paints the biblical god in a VERY bad light (despite scriptures that reflect some rather unflattering views).

Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
...let the light shine out of darkness!

d
Oh how the impure ore cries when it is being smelted in the furnace ... but how the pure metal sings as it is drawn from the scabbard!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Wow!

How do you guys look into the same book and come up with completely opposite opinions?

I recall my mom telling me a story about some Jehovah's Witnesses coming to her door when I was a kid. She, knowing they do not believe in eternal torment either, asked them, "if there is no ultimate and eternal consequence for my wrongdoings, why accept what you have to say?" I think this is where the ET position stands. They believe that without that ultimate fear of ETERNAL and EVERLASTING damnation hanging over a person's head, there is no need to buy into their product. If suffering for my misdeeds (while living it up) might only bring me some temporary misery, maybe even death but ultimately I will be gracing the presence of Jesus forever some time in the future, why not just go all out and keep that level of assurance in the back of my head?

Again, I respect the Universalist view that one's commitment to their god should not driven by fear as that will eventually produce hypocrisy and sometimes, even pure evil, but I still believe the universalist worldview is reaction to the old traditional, fear based ugly view that paints the biblical god in a VERY bad light (despite scriptures that reflect some rather unflattering views).
Let us not hang our heads in shame, if we can be prideful?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Oh how the impure ore cries when it is being smelted in the furnace ... but how the pure metal sings as it is drawn from the scabbard!
Pure gold fears not the fire of a furnace.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Wow!

Westernized imposition and presupposition into an ANE culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity