Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:43 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,101,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
You have yet to establish any credible foundation to support your view that God is guilty of genocide.

That is preposterous! Where in the Bible is it taught that God is to be our example of the greatest hate? Are you not "adding to it"

This is puerile grandstanding on your part. Again, you base your whole premise on the foundation that God is evil, which is the deception YOU are laboring under. You have provided no Biblical support for that position other than to say it is your POV, your interpretation. You are way out in left field with your whole tree of knowledge theory. Again, where is there any Biblical support for this? Even one scripture? Why would someone disregard the entire message of the Bible to accept the notion you promote?

There is no work involved because no one is embracing your farce. You have presented nothing to support your premise that God is evil: it is nonsensical!

Let's just leave this tree of knowledge jargon aside for now and go back to "genocide".

What is the basis for this assertion? You said in a previous post, "many people killed ". Is this really the standard for determining whether or not it is genocide?

We all know this is a very nefarious deed, as is all murder, and it is not a label used casually within our society. If it were then all wars would be called "genocide". Even "the war on drugs" would qualify by DL's standard since there have been "many people killed".

There is a VERY strict criteria for claiming something is genocide. Can you enlighten us with your explanation of its application?

Also, can you then go back show us specifically in the Bible where you see the events that you interpret to meet your articulated and socially accepted standard for genocide?

Without this foundation, all of your other claims of an evil God are meaningless.
We can clear the air completely if you would like to name what happened in Noah's day.

Let's hear it.
What would you call it. Execution, pruning, house cleaning, what.

Replace the word genocide with some other word.

As to God hating. Who can love more than God?
Who can hate more than God?
The Story of Esau says that God even hates some who are still in the womb and that he created them to hate them.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,186,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
LOL, you are not walking a slippery slope, you are mired in the muck at the bottom of the slope.

There is no parallel between God's righteous judgment and genocide.

Your assertion that there is an analogy demonstrates that you lack an understand both of nature of genocide and the nature of God.

I cannot even fathom the bewilderment you must experience being under the influence of Satan's deception. To even contemplate that Hitler's pogrom was endorsed by God is preposterous; no matter what some men who claim to represent him might have done. Using the fallacy of men to impugn God has been one of Satan's basic tactics from the beginning.

It is no surprise that even the oldest techniques of deception employed by Satan are still in use today. However, what amazes me is that so many people still gullible enough to fall for the same scams. We are told/warned it will be this way, but it is still a wonder when you see it.

I am also surprised by many of the responses to this obviously flawed assertion: few have challenged the basic premise of the argument. Is it that people do not know the meaning of genocide or do they not understand God and what the Bible teaches? Where is any coherent explanation that God's righteous judgment is tantamount to genocide?

ChristGrl, you are wrong, and you should explain your reasoning for "calling a spade a spade". You make that unjustified statement as if it is unquestionable. It is an obtuse allegation and wholly without merit. Can you explain the basis for your assertion? Tell us what you believe constitutes "genoicide" and how you believe the accounts in the OT meet that standard. I am sure once you do there will be many here who can help to point out the elements of the deception.
Any wholesale slaughter of women and children (who are innocent, I might add) and such would be considered GENOCIDE in my thought process. These types of atrocities and others (rape, torture, etc) were ordered by God in the OT, were they not???

To attribute such atrocities to God and call it righteous judgment is just asinine....and you call me deceived???

I am neither bewildered nor deceived for I know who and what God is. If you actually believe that the atrocious things attributed to God in the OT is truly God...then you and I know two different Gods...for my God is pure unconditional agape LOVE...while your's is jealous, angry, wrathful and bitter. I think I stick with the God I know.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:25 PM

267 posts, read 295,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
We can clear the air completely if you would like to name what happened in Noah's day.

Let's hear it.

What would you call it. Execution, pruning, house cleaning, what.

Replace the word genocide with some other word..
The Bible has already provided the explanation and it does not need me to reiterate it. (Genesis 6-10) Nowhere in the account is God's righteous judgement represented or characterized as evil.

You are the one contradicting the Bible by labeling God's actions as genocide. That is not in the Bible. In fact the Bible shows us that this critisism of God is Satan's POV. Thus, you need to provide the explanation to justify the contradiction and demonstrate that your POV is not part of the Satan's deceptive thinking.

As to your speculative division of the God of the OT vs. the God of the NT (Mat 24:37, Luke 17:26) how is God different?

Quote:
As to God hating. Who can love more than God?
Who can hate more than God?
The Story of Esau says that God even hates some who are still in the womb and that he created them to hate them.
Where does the Bible said God "created them to hate them"?

It does say God hated E'sau (Mal 1:3) however it does not say that hate is evil. God based his feeling on E'sau's rebellion and wickedness which are well documented.

So, is it your contention that anything God does is in the extreme? That all hate is evil, and thus since God feels hate, it must be extreme evil.

So, to hate wickedness, is evil? To hate unrighteousness is evil? To hate those who have disdain for spiritual matters is evil? To hate evil is evil?

Your POV as to God's character is clearly distorted reasoning based on Satan's deceptions.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,526,815 times
Quote:
I see that Satan sure has you by the short hairs.

Genocide is righteous judgment. Hitler and his friends will be happy to hear that.

What did God judge and find guilty in the children and babies?

Regards
DL
God finds nothing wrong with the children and babes but who will take care of them when the parents were judged. Answer; God did by taking them to Heaven so they will not grow up like the children of terrorists do and do the same things as thier parents. Go and embrace a terrorist child and you will find out he is not for you. If He allows them to live, it is to give them oppertunity to repent and some do. Gods righteous judgments are to slow the advance of evil so as to give the righteous an opportunity to live and enjoy the Kingdom.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:07 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times
lots of question there-- do you want answers for them all, or is it just a series of accusations, rhetorical questions.??? how do i know god is god and not really the devil? bek light and darkness are not the same, up is not down. good fruits come from good trees. as to god practicing genocide????
if i cross on the red and am hit by a car, did god strike me down???? Lot and Noah were fine no problem they listened. the others did not.
its a voluntary program.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,125,253 times
basically that is the difference between jews and christians - in the old testament it mentions being tricked by satan so believe in G-d only -

Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM

267 posts, read 295,262 times
Default Is the Bible wrong? Does it teach there are two Gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Any wholesale slaughter of women and children (who are innocent, I might add) and such would be considered GENOCIDE in my thought process. These types of atrocities and others (rape, torture, etc) were ordered by God in the OT, were they not???
God never ordered genocide, rape, or torture. Just because you imagine it does not make it so. Where in any part of the Bible do you see it? Lets examine it to see if your characterizations are accurate.

You "add" that they (women and children) were innocent (are you also asserting the men were guilty), but what is the justification. That is a direct contradiction to what the Bible says. If you are saying you do not believe the Bible account that is a different matter.

God ordered rape and torture? Where is that in the Bible? Is this just your imagination at work?

Your thought process is a bit skewed again when it comes to proper word usage. By your presentation, any war would be labeled as genocide, however we all know that is not the case. The use of inflammatory but inaccurate terminology and false imagery (innocent women and children, rape and torture) does really support you assertion.

Quote:
To attribute such atrocities to God and call it righteous judgment is just asinine....and you call me deceived???
You are the one attributing atrocities to God, not me. And by doing so you clearly demonstrate you are deceived.

Quote:
I am neither bewildered nor deceived for I know who and what God is. If you actually believe that the atrocious things attributed to God in the OT is truly God...then you and I know two different Gods...for my God is pure unconditional agape LOVE...while your's is jealous, angry, wrathful and bitter. I think I stick with the God I know.
It appears to those of us who do not consider God evil that you are bewildered and deceived because you do not recognize the God of the Bible. Mine is the God of the Bible, the entire Bible. You want to cherry pick those pieces that fit into your preconception instead of learning what the Bible really teaches. Jesus was an Israelite and was a perfect representation of the Mosaic Law covenant. He did not reject the OT as you do. In fact is says when Jesus returns it will be as in Noah's Day (Mat 24:37, Luke 17:26). So who is your God if it is not the God of the Bible? The God of ChristyGrl's imagination?

Stick with the God that you "know" but I hope you will not try to play "the innocent woman" when at judgment you have to explain why you rejected the God of the Bible in favor of your cherry picked God. (Matthew 7:21-23; John 17:3) I recommend you make the effort to gain more accurate knowledge rather than just reject the parts of the Bible that are currently confusing and don't fit into your redacted concept of God.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
The carnage within the Old Testament comes from the minds of men; not the heart of the Spirit.
I would say that there is righteous judgment, if one is capable of distinguishing the difference.

"Many show their true colors in times of adversity."

Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The carnage within the Old Testament comes from the minds of men; not the heart of the Spirit.
I would say that there is righteous judgment, if one is capable of distinguishing the difference.

"Many show their true colors in times of adversity."
It appears to have a direct relationship to the slaughtering of animals as a sacrifice for their sins, "Crucifying the innocent" in the name of God.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,830,945 times
Satan was as responsible at sex as he was irresponsible at chastity. Thus the variance in communist publications from regular occidental ones. I am being correspondent in the list sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity