Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The mainstream concept of hell is a misunderstanding of God's Word. All will eventually be saved. God doesn't fail to save anyone.
Yours is not a Gospel of hope for the here and now. It is written, "Now abides faith, hope and love." for those who believe now. There is only eternal life for those rich toward God or eternal death for those not rich toward God. There is no promise of tomorrow and to imply that people can wait because all will be saved runs contrary to all that Christ warns about.

As in this example.
LK 12:19-21 "And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have much goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, You fool, this night your soul shall be required of you: then whose shall those things be, which you have provided? So is he that lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

You may not believe there is a hell but you can be assured that Christ was talking to that man of something not pleasant at all and it was awaiting him that very night. If you do not believe Christ you make your teachings greater then His and a hindrance by not warning others when given the chance to like even on this forum. Nevertheless the foundations of truth is secure and no man can ignore the truth forever. Suppress it as you will but eternity and God's judgments against the wicked are clearly written in the spirit of man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 07:59 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Because they still get saved THROUGH Christ. There is no other way but through Christ. Also a real Christian cares for a real Christian is of Christ.
Is everyone getting saved or not?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Yours is not a Gospel of hope for the here and now. It is written, "Now abides faith, hope and love." for those who believe now. There is only eternal life for those rich toward God or eternal death for those not rich toward God. There is no promise of tomorrow and to imply that people can wait because all will be saved runs contrary to all that Christ warns about.

As in this example.
LK 12:19-21 "And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have much goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, You fool, this night your soul shall be required of you: then whose shall those things be, which you have provided? So is he that lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

You may not believe there is a hell but you can be assured that Christ was talking to that man of something not pleasant at all and it was awaiting him that very night. If you do not believe Christ you make your teachings greater then His and a hindrance by not warning others when given the chance to like even on this forum. Nevertheless the foundations of truth is secure and no man can ignore the truth forever. Suppress it as you will but eternity and God's judgments against the wicked are clearly written in the spirit of man.
Your called as your called. All will eventually be saved. Christ taught it. Nobody is saying to that you should go and abide in sin. If your feel you should abide in sin then your not called. A believer will understand that sin is the opposition and seek its practice no longer.

I believe Christ, I believe those that teach eternal torment or annihilation don't understand Him or His message.

Let me ask you, where is sin eradicated in your theology?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Is everyone getting saved or not?
Yes. Everyone shall be brought to salvation.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Yes. Everyone shall be brought to salvation.
So then it doesn't matter what I do now. I don't have to follow the bible, believe in jesus, etc.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
So then it doesn't matter what I do now. I don't have to follow the bible, believe in jesus, etc.
What you do now, will not negate the fact of you being saved later. However, the more your get comfortable in your sinful nature, the more wrath you must endure to understand the contrasting goodness that is God, in order to desire Him.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
What you do now, will not negate the fact of you being saved later. However, the more your get comfortable in your sinful nature, the more wrath you must endure to understand the contrasting goodness that is God, in order to desire Him.
What form will this wrath come in?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
What form will this wrath come in?
Different forms, after all your under it now as well.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Different forms, after all your under it now as well.
Not sure what you are saying.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you are saying.
You and I are currently under wrath. We are currently experiencing repercussions for disobedience. This is God's Wrath, and for many it shall continue after this age. Now those repercussions are different depending on the disobedient acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity