Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 AM

670 posts, read 814,936 times

Advertisements

Narrow is the Way of Life and few shall find it.

Of course my after life beliefs don't include hell because God is merciful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The alternative is to believe in a god that is a nanny-pamby, wispy-washy god whose creation doesn't obey him, he has no control over them, but he just needs a friend bad enough that he is willing to overlook the worst offenses against him.

I am sorry, Sir....I will not believe in your God. He is much too small.
Did you seriously just say that? Thats like a small mountain of strawmen rolled into a tiny post..impressive if nothing else. Just out of curiousity, do you agree with what I wrote in the first part of post #9? If so, what about after realizing that he would have had to have made the rules that way from the very beginning so it must have been his "Preference"? Would you be ok living in a country where the ruler did the human equivalent to something like that?...of course, I'm not entirely sure what that would look like since we're talking God as a Creator vs. man as a ruler, but typically in the past I've used Prince Vlad the Implier (Dracula) as a greatly under-exaggerated example. I'm sure you'll probably choose Ronald Regan or something LOL kidding.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times
To answer the OP, yes, of course it would be sad to see most people, God's very creatures He created with His own hand, and whom He knows so intimately that every hair on their heads is counted.... eternally rejected by Him because of their sin of unbelief that was not able to be washed away.

It would be an eternal blemish on God Himself to consider that He was not able to do anything to reconcile Himself to His own creatures, that somehow, unbelief in the sinner's heart has prevented Him from loving them and keeping them in His care for all eternity.

Fortunately, I am convinced that God will save all souls He has made.

Peace.
brian

Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
The alternative is to believe in a god that is a nanny-pamby, wispy-washy god whose creation doesn't obey him, he has no control over them, but he just needs a friend bad enough that he is willing to overlook the worst offenses against him.
Wait. You think YOU get to determine what the alternative is? YOU get to tell other people what their God is like?

Umm.... No. Just no.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-30-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
The alternative is to believe in a god that is a nanny-pamby, wispy-washy god whose creation doesn't obey him, he has no control over them,
but he just needs a friend bad enough that he is willing to overlook the worst offenses against him.

I am sorry, Sir....I will not believe in your God. He is much too small.
So, you would prefer to be beaten into submission with fear and trembling?
In order to work out your own salvation?

"It appears from the Scriptures, that men devise their own way; until corrected."

Old 08-31-2013, 12:13 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You told me.
Troll alert. No one could be as silly as you are.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:47 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
TroutDude is no troll.

He is , however, a deep thinking, perceptive poster not bound by the silly narrowness that pervades those who need a church or a book to find God.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Hi Sweetie. Wanna go out?

Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 PM

77 posts, read 74,573 times
Only the 144,000 will be in heaven, everyone else, that Jehovah sees fit, will be here on earth in paradise.

~144,000~

*Revelation 14:1,4 - And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

~Paradise ON Earth~

*Revelation 22:1-3 - And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him.

* Revelation 7:9 - After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:05 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Narrow is the Way of Life and few shall find it.
Of course my after life beliefs don't include hell because God is merciful.
No one's 'afterlife' [ Resurrection ] includes hell because the ' Bible's hell ' [sheol ] ends up empty in ' second death '.

After everyone in biblical hell is 'delivered up' [ meaning resurrected out of hell ], then emptied-out hell according to Revelation [ 20 vs 13,14 ] is cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death' for vacated hell.
Jesus has the keys to unlock the Bible's hell [ Rev. 1 v 18 ] and Jesus uses them.

Those who are destroyed [ perish ] are Not considered as being in hell, but they are destroyed forever.- Isaiah 11 vs 3,4
- Psalm 92 v 7; 2nd Peter 3 v 9; John 3 v 16 B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity