Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 05:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
You believe that belief in Universal Reconciliation is the doctrine that causes a fearful heart? A lot people who serve God don't even love God, and are just going threw the motions so God doesn't roast them forever. Why do you think some people rushed to churches when they thought the world was going to end?
She said the heart is fearful and can be deceived to believe false teachings such as universalism, because it offers false peace.

I have no problem saying it most rather than some universalisms believe ur out of fear. Denial is a coping mechanism. Why do you think they can't stop talking about hell?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-27-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 06:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
I didn't say everyone serves God only because of fear, I said some. The Bible teaches that, not me Isaiah 29:13. It's as if you just wanted an excuse to compare me to satan; didn't you just finish lecturing me on being careful of the things I say?

What you need to understand is that not everyone believes in UR because of emotion. Some of us actually believe it because it's taught in scripture. I know that might be hard to believe since some religious people are so dogmatic in their traditions that anyone who disagrees with them must be labeled as someone "trusting in their emotions rather than the Bible". In fact, I've heard many people say that they reject UR because they are afraid that if they're wrong God is going to turture them forever; so they believe in eternal torment just to be safe.
I have no problem saying it most rather than some that serve God out of fear, including myself for a period of time in the early years. In fact the most are also quick to remind us to serve him in fear, when in a Luke 1:74 tells us we are freed to serve him without fear, and many times Jesus spoke the words fear not.

In fact when I left a group of ardent bible fundamentalists I was told that God would shake heaven and earth to cause me to return to him, the truth was I hadn't left him, I came out of the fear they were all under. Then whenever I happened to meet any of the group they marveled that the grace of a God was on my life. Then I came to understand the love God had for me like never before, and truly it broke me open, to be open to the light and truth of the glorious gospel being restored back to the church(them that are last that are first).

I could never work out too how in the church meetings how they'd sing how much joy and peace they haf then ***** and moan about everything from the weather to the president being the devil, the country going down the pan and the group down the street are a bunch of heretics because they don't believe in eternal torment,to me that his not the voice of life joy and peace.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She said the heart is fearful and can be deceived to believe false teachings such as universalism, because it offers false peace.
Their is no peace in believing you are saved from eternal torment, relief probably but peace no way.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Their is no peace in believing you are saved from eternal torment, relief probably but peace no way.
Their is no peace in denial, relief probably but peace no way. Why do you think you can't stop talking about hell?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Their is no peace in denial, relief probably but peace no way. Why do you think you can't stop talking about hell?
Why are YOU in particular on every thread about eternal hell supporting it ?.

I personally want Christians to be from from the fear of it by understanding what it truly is they are saved from which brings the peace of God into their lives.

I have seen the effect of the church coming to the truth of what it is they are saved from.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'(that send you to eternal hell).*Acts 3:26.

*The bolded was added by those that believe in it.

You'll understand one day that it is your fear that created the illusion of eternal torment. 1 John 4:18

Old 12-27-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Why are YOU in particular on every thread about eternal hell supporting it ?.
The topic is always brought up by people like you. When I see a false teaching about any topic, I will make an attempt to correct it.

Christ has already given me peace, but thanks for offering it to me again.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
The topic is always brought up by people like you. When I see a false teaching about any topic, I will make an attempt to correct it.

Christ has already given me peace, but thanks for offering it to me again.
No that is not true, I participate in the threads like this just like you do. My purpose to participate is to set the fundamentalist ardent bible literalist Christian free by showing them by the scriptures that it teaches we are saved from sin not the lie and illusion eternal hell. In fact you and our resident pastor are on all threads concerning the topic of eternal torment. So just like you, I participate to refute what you believe, but of cause anyone that refutes what you believe is being argumentative.

Now getting back on topic, who are the first that are last and what are they last in ?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Now getting back on topic, who are the first that are last and what are they last in ?
I know who you are. You are the robotic answering machine at Comcast Cable who keeps asking for you phone number although you already typed it in three times.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
I know who you are. You are the robotic answering machine at Comcast Cable who keeps asking for you phone number although you already typed it in three times.
You can call me Larry if you like.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:36 AM

"The Rich and the Kingdom of God" story also talks about the first and the last. The rich man was first in this life, but he won't be first in Kingdom of God, if he'll enter at all. Peter, and the apostles gave everything, even their lives, and Jesus said they will sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel, and those who have left their families and professions to serve the Lord will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Of course it does not mean all roles will be reversed, but some will sit on thrones and some will not. The reward of eternal life however, is same for the thief on the cross who believed only for few moments and Peter who gave it all over decades of service.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-27-2013 at 07:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity