Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No. I have never told you I was better. I have told you, you are not necessary. Us? Who are the us you speak of?

God has given women the ability to survive without you. The only people who betrayed Jesus were men. If Jesus could not trust you to keep him safe, you are hardly the role models for family. You believe the bible gives men all the glory. The NT is rife with betrayal, torture, murder all at the hands of men.

I think it is you who does not get it. My opinion in this forum is as relevant as your opinion. You do not represent Christianity. You do not get to judge my faith. I suggest you willingly make room for me. Either way, I am not going to allow you to represent Christianity.

You have an unnatural obsession with fornication. It seems to be a trigger word. I am thinking the very word, fornication causes a distinct physiological reaction. I am thinking I should design a study to measure this.
Then women wouldn't need sperm to reproduce. Without men, none of us would exist. Then what would these women do if they had boys, abort them? Eventually those boys, that you claim that women are capable of raising on their own, become men.

You clearly don't know what my view of men and women are when it comes to the Bible.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't relevant. I am saying your opinion which is not based on the views of Christianity is irrelevant. We are speaking about something that is relevant to Christianity, so if you don't agree with Christianity then why would you agree with this topic? It's a ridiculous argument because you could use this line with any conversation on here. This is the same conversation we had in the other thread, we shouldn't be spending time on this section determining the relevancy of Christian teaching, that's what the Religion & Spirituality section is for. The only thing we should be arguing is if fornication is consider sin in Christianity.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Did they leave their families to follow him?
You mean their parents and siblings? Perhaps so. What's your point?

Old 03-06-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Because sex before marriage is a separate issue from having children without marriage.
Premarital sex resulting in children is not the norm.
Statistically speaking, even sex resulting in pregnancy within marriage is not the norm, otherwise the Duggins would not be an unusual family.
No it isn't because having children prematurely and before you are married could be one of the reasons why you have a less happy marriage and bad outcomes. It is one of the reasons for the conclusion that is being discussed here. I think you need to re-read the title of the thread.

40.6% of all children born, are born to unmarried parents in the US. That means about 2 out of every 5 children born here are born in this way. That is a significant percentage. It impacts almost half the population, it is clearly a bigger than you are making it.

To your last point, it's because birth control is used more. There is no birth control that has a 100% prevention rate. Anytime you have sex, you are risking pregnancy so the possibility of having a child and potentially being put in a situation where you are not married, your relationship can be greatly impacted as well as any relationship you have there after if you do not marry the one whom you had the child with.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Then women wouldn't need sperm to reproduce. Without men, none of us would exist. Then what would these women do if they had boys, abort them? Eventually those boys, that you claim that women are capable of raising on their own, become men.

You clearly don't know what my view of men and women are when it comes to the Bible.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't relevant. I am saying your opinion which is not based on the views of Christianity is irrelevant. We are speaking about something that is relevant to Christianity, so if you don't agree with Christianity then why would you agree with this topic? It's a ridiculous argument because you could use this line with any conversation on here. This is the same conversation we had in the other thread, we shouldn't be spending time on this section determining the relevancy of Christian teaching, that's what the Religion & Spirituality section is for. The only thing we should be arguing is if fornication is consider sin in Christianity.
The only thing you wish to argue is fornication. Read on, and I can fix that, too.

I clearly do know your view of men and women when it comes to the bible. I happen to think it is moot, when you consider how unimportant you are in raising families. You want to make more of your contribution. You wish to puff up your role.

One teeny, tiny sperm, just one. That can now be obtained from a petrie dish. No fornication necessary.
Science can now make fornication moot. Plenty of men are willing to be sperm donors for women wishing to have children.

Women who want to have children do not abort them, and your point is specious.

Again, you do not get to tell me about my faith. I will not allow you to censor me.
This forum is not only for the small minded, cloaking themselves in Christianity. You are not Christian, yet you post in this particular forum.

I see you think it is your place to lecture and mansplain things to me. Uh-huh. How is that going?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Trying to prove through pseudo-science that your religious beliefs are right?... Hmm. Seems like someone is a bit doubtful, doesn't it?
LOL, hardly. I didn't know about any studies on the matter growing up. I saved myself for marriage because I felt it was what God wished and because I was honoring the future wife I hadn't met yet by saving that part of myself for her and only her. I simply find it interesting that science has more or less verified that God's way works best. I'm not surprised nor did I need science to validate my belief. If I was so full of doubts as you are implying, I seriously doubt that I would have made it in the hyper-sexual culture we live in.

Call it pseudo-science if you wish, but how would you approach things? The sexual revolution flipped social norms on their head. Any social scientist worth their PHD in the field would like to know as much as possible about how these radical change in our sex culture impacts people, marriages, children ... everything. How would you approach the matter scientifically? I never really gave the matter much thought before. More importantly, do you know of anything that credible science has turned up proves any of what I've said wrong?

I keep asking that question. The result is the same: Those who disagree refuse to provide any evidence that their way is better than God's way. All I'm hearing is, "that study is garbage and cannot be taken seriously." Great! disregard that study and move onto the next one. Move onto studies that I didn't post. I never would have thought that science would be so one-sided in God's favor on any topic, but that does appear to be the case here.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The only thing you wish to argue is fornication. Read on, and I can fix that, too.

I clearly do know your view of men and women when it comes to the bible. I happen to think it is moot, when you consider how unimportant you are in raising families. You want to make more of your contribution. You wish to puff up your role.

One teeny, tiny sperm, just one. That can now be obtained from a petrie dish. No fornication necessary.
Science can now make fornication moot. Plenty of men are willing to be sperm donors for women wishing to have children.
So saying a man is meant to be more than being a sperm donor is a way to "puff up" the role of a man? Really?

Quote:
Women who want to have children do not abort them, and your point is specious.
And that means they raise boys into men. So if you raised a boy to be a man, are you going to raise him and tell him that he doesn't mean anything to your grandchildren?

Quote:
Again, you do not get to tell me about my faith. I will not allow you to censor me.
This forum is not only for the small minded, cloaking themselves in Christianity. You are not Christian, yet you post in this particular forum.
I didn't say you can't post on here, I am saying your point is irrelevant to the topic. You using your opinion is like a Buddhist coming on this thread and saying well Buddha says...why is Buddha relevant to a Christian thread? That's the same thing with you. You aren't a Christian from what you have stated previously, but you are telling us what you think. How do your personal views relate to Christianity if you aren't a Christian?

Quote:
I see you think it is your place to lecture and mansplain things to me. Uh-huh. How is that going?
I'm not lecturing, I just would prefer to stay on topic. There is a time and place for what you have said and people like you cause conversations like this to go bad because you refuse to stick to the topic at hand.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
So saying a man is meant to be more than being a sperm donor is a way to "puff up" the role of a man? Really?

And that means they raise boys into men. So if you raised a boy to be a man, are you going to raise him and tell him that he doesn't mean anything to your grandchildren?

I didn't say you can't post on here, I am saying your point is irrelevant to the topic. You using your
opinion is like a Buddhist coming on this thread and saying well Buddha says...why is Buddha relevant to a Christian thread? That's the same thing with you. You aren't a Christian from what you have stated previously, but you are telling us what you think. How do your personal reviews relate to Christianity if you aren't a Christian?

I'm not lecturing, I just would prefer to stay on topic. There is a time and place for what you have said and people like you cause conversations like this to go bad because you refuse to stick to the topic at hand.
You make more of your role than necessary to raise a family. I raised boys into men and they have a deep appreciation of the role of women. They do not think women are the weaker vessel. Neither does their father. The thought is laughable.

Again, you wish to define my Christianity to conform to your view. You wish to censor. I simply will not allow that. I am amused at your efforts. Very amused.

If you wish to learn about Buddha or wish to explore Buddhism, there is a forum , and I am sure your questions will be answered there.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
You make more of your role than necessary to raise a family. I raised boys into men and they have a deep appreciation of the role of women. They do not think women are the weaker vessel. Neither does their father. The thought is laughable.
Are you confused? When have I said anything about the role of women? I haven't even commented on the role of women. I think you are confusing me with other posters.

You never answered my question either. Will you tell your sons or have you told your sons they are not needed for your grandchildren?

Quote:
Again, you wish to define my Christianity to conform to your view. You wish to censor. I simply will not allow that. I am amused at your efforts. Very amused.
So you consider yourself a Christian?

Quote:
If you wish to learn about Buddha or wish to explore Buddhism, there is a forum , and I am sure your questions will be answered there.
Deflection

Old 03-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Are you confused? When have I said anything about the role of women? I haven't even commented on the role of women. I think you are confusing me with other posters.

You never answered my question either. Will you tell your sons or have you told your sons they are not needed for your grandchildren?

So you consider yourself a Christian?

Deflection
I do not consider you a christian. Yet, you post on this forum. I do not tell you not to post here, do I?

If you read and comprehend your own post, you brought Buddha into it. It seemed a bit out of place so, I directed you to a place that will answer your questions.

My children were well educated in biology. They have a deep appreciation of that teeny tiny sperm. We had the talk. They know how it works. All of their questions were answered. Why? Is there something you wish to know about the reproductive system? Ask away.

I am not confused. You want to make more of your sperm than necessary. Science has taken that to the lab. Women can become pregnant without fornication. Science has solved sin. hahahahaha awesome.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
LOL, hardly. I didn't know about any studies on the matter growing up. I saved myself for marriage because I felt it was what God wished and because I was honoring the future wife I hadn't met yet by saving that part of myself for her and only her. I simply find it interesting that science has more or less verified that God's way works best. I'm not surprised nor did I need science to validate my belief. If I was so full of doubts as you are implying, I seriously doubt that I would have made it in the hyper-sexual culture we live in.

Call it pseudo-science if you wish, but how would you approach things? The sexual revolution flipped social norms on their head. Any social scientist worth their PHD in the field would like to know as much as possible about how these radical change in our sex culture impacts people, marriages, children ... everything. How would you approach the matter scientifically? I never really gave the matter much thought before. More importantly, do you know of anything that credible science has turned up proves any of what I've said wrong?

I keep asking that question. The result is the same: Those who disagree refuse to provide any evidence that their way is better than God's way. All I'm hearing is, "that study is garbage and cannot be taken seriously." Great! disregard that study and move onto the next one. Move onto studies that I didn't post. I never would have thought that science would be so one-sided in God's favor on any topic, but that does appear to be the case here.
I agree in that my wife and I were both virgins at marriage and it's lasted closing in on 44 years. And unless someone can provide credible refuting DATA, I am inclined to accept your original post.

On the other hand, conservative Christian George Barna has provided data showing that conservative Christians have a higher divorce rate than atheists or liberal Christians. The worst divorce rates by state occur in the Bible Belt. Less offensive divorce rates occur in the liberal Northeast. And frankly the data shows divorce, not homosexual marriage, to be the single most damaging impact on families and society as a whole.

So rather than praising a few people who remain chaste before marriage, perhaps conservative Christianity should work on cleaning up its negative image with regard to the "hallowed" institution of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity