Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
There appears to be articulate, passionate, and sincere opinions on both sides of this issue.

But as Christians, whose purpose is to be like Christ ( with God's help ),
what is the big issue for us?
Truth is at issue. Reality is at issue. Presenting/re-presenting God's true nature is at issue. I totally agree with the statements made about God's sovereignty and that He will get everything right but "it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, the honor of kings is to search them out."

If we see God's 'big picture' for mankind we can follow Christ more closely and be more like Him.
blessings,
- Byron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:37 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
In Christ, there is an endless hope, and NOT a hopeless end.
Exactly! Without Christ is when there is a hopeless end.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Without Christ is when there is a hopeless end.
I agree, but He Christ came for all, had He not come ALL would be lost.

Your serve

Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I agree, but He Christ came for all, had He not come ALL would be lost.

Your serve
I agree.. He came "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

(Let's see.... how many rounds have we played already? )

Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I agree.. He came "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

(Let's see.... how many rounds have we played already? )
Guess we can have some cyber tennis fun

The Father must will it (John 5:21-22) and draw the person (John 6:44)

http://www.instigatorblog.com/images/tennis_serve.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-07-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Guess we can have some cyber tennis fun

The Father must will it (John 5:21-22) and draw the person (John 6:44)

http://www.instigatorblog.com/images/tennis_serve.jpg (broken link)
Let's take the game over to this thread: The Eventual Restoration of All

(post #93) as the court is more suitable.

Last edited by cg81; 02-07-2008 at 08:52 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM

14,884 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Every being, in every dimension of the universe, ultimately bows in worship and praise and celebration, and in union with the Name of all names, and to the great glory of the Father! Both homologeo and exomologeo manifest that fact in clear declaration.

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

kavmptw = bow=

Used of worshippers.
To bow one's self.

Confess= ejxomologevw

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In oJmologevw

oJmologevw=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

"Hina en onomo lesous pas gonu kampto epouranios kai epigeious kai katachthonios kai pas glossa hoti lesous Christos kurios eis doxa Theos Pater"
Amen! Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,415 times
I am awake now from a dream about hell that I just had, and I actually thought it was time for me to go to work until I looked at the clock and realized that I had only been sleeping for an hour. The first part of the dream: I was in a place that was very crowded, we were all just standing there. I knew no one. It was still there and very vague to see anyone. In this place I remembered all of times that I refused and rejected christ, and also remembered the choices that I could have made to project me out of the things that hindered me in life. It played over and over in my mind. I tried to see if I could go to the people that I have hated for years and ask for there forgiveness but I couldn't. It was too late. I saw the Holy One crying as he looked down upon us. I thought to myself, "Why am I here? I never murdered or killed anyone." At that thought, I began to remember the people that I deeply hurt with words out of anger. I felt the anger ang malice in my heart toward my mom and realized the many opportunities that I have had to forgive her and work things out. I began to feel the envy and lust I had for the world and the love I had for worldly attention. I began to remember the extent I would go to use a man sexually for his money, leaving him and a burdened state. I remembered all the ways Icould have lived in Christ but refused because the life I lived was easier but was also neglecting of other responsibilities. I was simply selfish and cared about me. I also realized that some time ago, last year, I started to feel a little separated from Christ as I indulged in my fleshly desires. Second Part: I looked around in this place and began to feel lonely as I didnt see GOD or even feel him around any more. The people dissappeared and it was just me and the trees and grass in this grey lonely place. I was scared and lonely ten times worst then real life. ( I would be lonely at night, I am a single parent) Thoughts played over and over in my head on what I could have done to make things better. I clearly saw the ways and wanted to fix them but it was too late. I cried out for another chance but remembered crystal clear how I had any. It was lonely there and all I could feel was regret and woe. So i tried crying out to the twigs and trees and hidind behind them and still, no
"answer. I felt like I was in this place for months until things got a little bit darker. Third Part- The trees dissappeared, I couldnt even hide in the trees. I literally wanted to die. Everything was a blur in sight. I wanted to leav ebut couldnt. I wanted to tell the world how much GOD loved them but it was too late. No trees, no people. Just my soul and thoughts. I looked up and saw black buffalo moving slowly toward a furnace. "symbolism: black buffalo= strong yet stupid, follower of nature". I didnt want to go this way but I was forced to. I had no control over my immortal spirit. I couldnt make it walk back. From behind the pack of buffalo, I could see a glimpse of red flickers. The closer I got to the area, the warmer it started to feel. I started to smell an odd smell. It is too distinct to explain. At this time, heat engulfed me. I couldnt not cool down, there was no place to cool down. Still moving toward that reddish area....then all of a sudden, I woke up in tears. For a minute there, I thought I was never going to get another chance. Today, I am blessed to know that I have another chance. I will go and pray and with the help of GOD, reconstruct my life and fix the areas that I can fic. The areas that are within my control. I know that eternal separation from GOD is real. And I do believe that nashing and burning is real also. In the second part of my dream, I was nashing my teeth becaue of dispaire and loneliness. Heaviness and regret reigned over me. It nwas 1,000 time greater than anxiety and depression. It's like...being the cause of your childs death. You could have stopped it but you didnt. And i tplays over and over..if only you could have done this before, he/she wouldnt have died. Anyhow, folks. I need to get some sleep. Hopefully, I don't dream about hell again. This is my second time going to bed tonight. Do you think that this was hell? Or Just something I ate that played on my subconscience.

Last edited by awakened_spirit; 02-07-2008 at 11:28 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakened_spirit View Post
I am awake now from a dream about hell that I just had, and I actually thought it was time for me to go to work until I looked at the clock and realized that I had only been sleeping for an hour. The first part of the dream: I was in a place that was very crowded, we were all just standing there. I knew no one. It was still there and very vague to see anyone. In this place I remembered all of times that I refused and rejected christ, and also remembered the choices that I could have made to project me out of the things that hindered me in life. It played over and over in my mind. I tried to see if I could go to the people that I have hated for years and ask for there forgiveness but I couldn't. It was too late. I saw the Holy One crying as he looked down upon us. I thought to myself, "Why am I here? I never murdered or killed anyone." At that thought, I began to remember the people that I deeply hurt with words out of anger. I felt the anger ang malice in my heart toward my mom and realized the many opportunities that I have had to forgive her and work things out. I began to feel the envy and lust I had for the world and the love I had for worldly attention. I began to remember the extent I would go to use a man sexually for his money, leaving him and a burdened state. I remembered all the ways Icould have lived in Christ but refused because the life I lived was easier but was also neglecting of other responsibilities. I was simply selfish and cared about me. I also realized that some time ago, last year, I started to feel a little separated from Christ as I indulged in my fleshly desires. Second Part: I looked around in this place and began to feel lonely as I didnt see GOD or even feel him around any more. The people dissappeared and it was just me and the trees and grass in this grey lonely place. I was scared and lonely ten times worst then real life. ( I would be lonely at night, I am a single parent) Thoughts played over and over in my head on what I could have done to make things better. I clearly saw the ways and wanted to fix them but it was too late. I cried out for another chance but remembered crystal clear how I had any. It was lonely there and all I could feel was regret and woe. So i tried crying out to the twigs and trees and hidind behind them and still, no
"answer. I felt like I was in this place for months until things got a little bit darker. Third Part- The trees dissappeared, I couldnt even hide in the trees. I literally wanted to die. Everything was a blur in sight. I wanted to leav ebut couldnt. I wanted to tell the world how much GOD loved them but it was too late. No trees, no people. Just my soul and thoughts. I looked up and saw black buffalo moving slowly toward a furnace. "symbolism: black buffalo= strong yet stupid, follower of nature". I didnt want to go this way but I was forced to. I had no control over my immortal spirit. I couldnt make it walk back. From behind the pack of buffalo, I could see a glimpse of red flickers. The closer I got to the area, the warmer it started to feel. I started to smell an odd smell. It is too distinct to explain. At this time, heat engulfed me. I couldnt not cool down, there was no place to cool down. Still moving toward that reddish area....then all of a sudden, I woke up in tears. For a minute there, I thought I was never going to get another chance. Today, I am blessed to know that I have another chance. I will go and pray and with the help of GOD, reconstruct my life and fix the areas that I can fic. The areas that are within my control. I know that eternal separation from GOD is real. And I do believe that nashing and burning is real also. In the second part of my dream, I was nashing my teeth becaue of dispaire and loneliness. Heaviness and regret reigned over me. It nwas 1,000 time greater than anxiety and depression. It's like...being the cause of your childs death. You could have stopped it but you didnt. And i tplays over and over..if only you could have done this before, he/she wouldnt have died. Anyhow, folks. I need to get some sleep. Hopefully, I don't dream about hell again. This is my second time going to bed tonight. Do you think that this was hell? Or Just something I ate that played on my subconscience.
Folk are so indoctrinated with this lie of hell and many folk just accept it as truth.

To me it sounds like you are dealing with much guilt and based upon what you may or may not believe, there is time to set things right. Living with guilt is hell enough for most folk, take it to the Lord and accept His forgiveness, ask Him to show you whom you need to make amends with. If you caused someones death, not sure if that is what you are saying, find a councillor who has an Inner Healing ministry or gifting. Whatever happened, The Lord does not want you to live in guilt and self condemnation. He wants you to experience the fullness of His joy and Love.

Whatever has entrapped you, these are the things making your life a living hell. IMO your following blindly the black buffalo, you have accepted a course in life as many others, the end thereof is self destruction.

You have symbolically seen things pertaining to your circumstances right here right now. You can overcome all these things with the help of the Lord. Do not see it as a warning of hell, see it rather as an admonition of stuff you need to address in your life.

Remember dreams are many times symbolic, dreaming of fire does not mean hell per se, it can also show you a refining process you need to go through you have procrastinated on.

I usually do not interpret dreams but this is what I feel the Lord is showing me.

Blessings

Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM

21 posts, read 61,394 times
Matthew 5:17-19 Jesus says this:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law. or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Therefore, the law is still in affect. The law shows us when we have sinned. Anyways, what is so hard about following those commandments. Why is this even a issue. We can sin in tons of other ways than just the 10 commandments.

What is important is that we recognize sin and ask for forgiveness. Try not to keep repeating the same mistakes. And by the way, I don't think we have to go to confessional to be forgiven of our sins. Once that veil ripped we were allowed a direct relationship with our Lord and Savior, therefore, we can ask for forgiveness by ourself not through a priest. Can anyone tell me their opinion on this since I know that it is not the main topic here? Just interested in others opinion. Thank you all and God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity