Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 03:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh well, there you go telling others who is, and isn't a believer.

You do this every time you can't explain something.
What is it you wanted me to explain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,725,282 times
Quote:
Oh well, there you go telling others who is, and isn't a believer.

You do this every time you can't explain something.
I don't give a rip who believes anything. I care about those who embrace Jesus' wisdom enough to live it in their actions.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don't give a rip who believes anything. I care about those who embrace Jesus' wisdom enough to live it in their actions.
It is really hard to live a loving life when you believe your heavenly father is presently torturing men, women and children in fire and will do so for eternity, don't you think? What is amazing is that people have heard this is what God is like since they were children and believe it as fact.

No wonder we have so many Christians acting just like they believe their heavenly father to be.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,622,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is really hard to live a loving life when you believe your heavenly father is presently torturing men, women and children in fire and will do so for eternity, don't you think? What is amazing is that people have heard this is what God is like since they were children and believe it as fact.

No wonder we have so many Christians acting just like they believe their heavenly father to be.
In total agreement.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Not hard at all, but then again I do not believe God is presently torturing anyone. Why would anyone believe such thing? The Bible does not teach it. I have never been to a church which teaches that.

You are the one who believes God destroys people at a garbage dump in Jerusalem.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Not hard at all, but then again I do not believe God is presently torturing anyone. Why would anyone believe such thing? The Bible does not teach it. I have never been to a church which teaches that.

You are the one who believes God destroys people at a garbage dump in Jerusalem.
There are many who believe God is presently torturing people in fire by improperly using the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

Gehenna is not what I would consider to be IN Jerusalem as you stated but to the south of the city of Jerusalem. It is Ge Hinnom, literally "Valley of Hinnom."

The worst offenders during the 1000 year reign of Christ will receive the death penalty. They will first be killed and then have their dead bodies cast into the trash dump called Gehenna:

Isa 66:24 And they fare forth and see the corpses of the mortals, the transgressors against Me, for their worm shall not die, and their fire shall not be quenched, and they become a repulsion to all flesh."

There will be worms eating the city offal where the fire is not present in that trash dump. Otherwise, the fires of the dump will burn up the corpses and trash of the city.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
There are many who believe God is presently torturing people in fire by improperly using the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.
I see. There are also people who believe God destroys people at a garbage dump in/near Jerusalem. It must be really hard to live a loving life when you believe such things

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-07-2016 at 06:24 AM..

Old 06-07-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I see. There are also people who believe God destroys people at a garbage dump in/near Jerusalem. It must be really hard to live a loving life when you believe such things
They are already dead prior to having their corpses tossed into that garbage dump called Gehenna. They are not suffering in Gehenna. You see, Finn, my God is merciful.
You, on the other hand, believe God tosses men, women and children alive into Hell in order to torture them for eternity. Your God is not merciful. You must be just like your heavenly Father. Now go out there and torture your children and neighbors.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
You, on the other hand, believe God tosses men, women and children alive into Hell in order to torture them for eternity. Your God is not merciful. You must be just like your heavenly Father. Now go out there and torture your children and neighbors.
That's what I believe? Wow, I had no idea.

You have thrown many of the standard universalist debating tricks on me:

1. You claim I do not believe in God
2. You claim I lack love
3. You claim I would torture children

There are few other UR debating tricks left in the stack. Might as well throw them all in.

There is something about people who believe in UR, because they always think that slandering others would somehow validate their own views.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:08 AM

741 posts, read 445,255 times
Quote:

There is something about people who believe in UR, because they always think that slandering others would somehow validate their own views.
This is a tactic used by those with any belief that is not scriptural, not just UR. The character of the Bible is difficult to attack but ahhhh a person is much easier to attack. The problem is attacking the person doesn't change the Bible. So their argument doesn't change the Bible or change minds. It only makes themselves feel better which what the focus is most of false doctrines do anyway rather than the truth. At the end of the day all they have does is launched an insult which if they actually did follow the Bible would know that doing such a thing is unscriptural too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity