Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 01:38 PM

741 posts, read 444,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wait... shouldn't the message be... 'no worries, God will save you in the end' ... ?

She will at some point be saved from sin and death, right? What's the big deal about what she thinks now?

Why defend universal salvation at all? There's no reason in convincing the already saved right?

If universal salvation were true there would be no need for people to support it. Wouldn't it stand on it's own? Like predictions that the world was going to end in the year 2000. That seemed so real to so many. Then the day came and passed and the movement died from a lack of support. Look at the gods Zeus etc etc. Time will reveal what is true and what is not. My main concern is how people react when they are wrong. Including even how I will react. I'm sure there will be things I will be corrected on. I fully expect to be corrected. The Bible has corrected me so many times already I have lost count.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 06-01-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 02:29 PM

63,831 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Wait... shouldn't the message be... 'no worries, God will save you in the end' ... ?
She will at some point be saved from sin and death, right? What's the big deal about what she thinks now?
What she thinks now will affect what she does. What she does to others that result in hurt or harm will be what she has done to herself because we reap whatever we sow. The only way to avoid it is to repent, i.e. truly change the character of your mind, NOT simple remorse or apology. All the concern about salvation is just a distraction because Jesus took care of that for us all.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:41 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:

It matters quite a lot what one thinks now. For instance, she may believe God is just like the god of Christendom and she could go through life a miserable person thinking God could strike her dead at any moment or send her to hell for eternity. Whereas if she believed the truth of God saving all, she could go through life being God's friend. What we think does make a difference in our current lives.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post

Why defend universal salvation at all? There's no reason in convincing the already saved right?
We could just let you go on thinking God is going to fry the majority of mankind. Of course, that may not bother you one bit. You might even rejoice in that. Heck, you might even be burning people at the stake on the side just to help God out for all we know. But we are trying to help you see there is the truth and that all lies should be replaced with the truth, do you not agree?

Quote:
If universal salvation were true there would be no need for people to support it. Wouldn't it stand on it's own? Like predictions that the world was going to end in the year 2000. That seemed so real to so many. Then the day came and passed and the movement died from a lack of support. Look at the gods Zeus etc etc. Time will reveal what is true and what is not. My main concern is how people react when they are wrong. Including even how I will react. I'm sure there will be things I will be corrected on. I fully expect to be corrected. The Bible has corrected me so many times already I have lost count.
Let it correct you just one more time. You've come this far with God. Why not trust Him on this one matter that He really will have all mankind to be saved. After all, He did say He will even if Satan says He won't by using other posters in this thread.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:57 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It matters quite a lot what one thinks now. For instance, she may believe God is just like the god of Christendom and she could go through life a miserable person thinking God could strike her dead at any moment or send her to hell for eternity. Whereas if she believed the truth of God saving all, she could go through life being God's friend. What we think does make a difference in our current lives.
Hold on... let's replay the conversation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I do not need to be saved from sin or corruption and mortality. hahahaha read that wrong.

I do not really want to be immortal. I intend to live a verrrry long life, and get body parts replaced as needed.
Quote:
Your post proves you are sinning and corrupted.
You do need saved from sin and death even if you think otherwise.

Once you put on immortality, you will understand it all much better. No body parts needed.

You are referring to salvation from sin and death when you spoke to her. You told here she was corrupted. That should not matter from your perspective.

But when you answered me above - you spoke of a message about her perspective on being God's friend, and no mention of corruption - which is entirely different.

Honestly - just between you and me - she doesn't seem worried about what God thinks. She doesn't need Him. I think, she thinks she is OK.

You say what we think is important. I say that whose we are is more important. Being part of the family of God through faith is the most important thing we can take with us when we leave this earth... our eternal life depends upon it.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Their actions speak the opposite, including your actions in your posts in this thread.
So, you ask questions, and people take their time to answer them, and because the answers were not what you expected, you declare that everyone lied, and in reality they think what you expected

Old 06-01-2016, 03:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Your post proves you are sinning and corrupted.
You do need saved from sin and death even if you think otherwise.
Why should she be concerned about it, when your whole argument is that everyone will be saved no matter what.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
We could just let you go on thinking God is going to fry the majority of mankind. Of course, that may not bother you one bit. You might even rejoice in that. Heck, you might even be burning people at the stake on the side just to help God out for all we know. But we are trying to help you see there is the truth and that all lies should be replaced with the truth, do you not agree?

Let it correct you just one more time. You've come this far with God. Why not trust Him on this one matter that He really will have all mankind to be saved. After all, He did say He will even if Satan says He won't by using other posters in this thread.
I have come this far with God that is true. He has also given me an education in the Bible to reject such things as universal salvation and keep from things that are not true. Way too many things don't add up with this doctrine. I only have one piece of advice. If you end up being wrong I would not recommend spiting in God's face...ever.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Hold on... let's replay the conversation....

You are referring to salvation from sin and death when you spoke to her. You told here she was corrupted. That should not matter from your perspective.

But when you answered me above - you spoke of a message about her perspective on being God's friend, and no mention of corruption - which is entirely different.

Honestly - just between you and me - she doesn't seem worried about what God thinks. She doesn't need Him. I think, she thinks she is OK.

You say what we think is important. I say that whose we are is more important. Being part of the family of God through faith is the most important thing we can take with us when we leave this earth... our eternal life depends upon it.
I think I understand what you are saying DRob.

I thought I explained to her that we are all dying. No one can escape our dying condition until Christ returns and believers put on immortality and incorruption. Obviously we are mortal and corrupt, if, in the future, we put on immortality and incorruption, right?

She is dying and corrupt. Even if she thinks she needs no help, she still does.

If, what you are saying is correct that what we think isn't as important as Whose we are, both are taken by faith. The Apostle Paul addressed both issues by telling the believer Whose we are and corrected their wrong thinking. Is that not a fair statement for me to make?
Paul's epistles are based on doctrine and deportment. If one has bad doctrine, ones deportment will reflect that.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
You say what we think is important. I say that whose we are is more important.

I wish I could give more rep. This will have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity