Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 12:12 PM

741 posts, read 444,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like ISIS?
Well, they believe in a god but they certainly have a violent way of serving their god.

Yet it does bring up the point what if members of ISIS don't want to submit to the 'universal salvation' god? Will these people be allowed to continue what they are doing now? How will they be stopped and how will their minds be changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What do you believe God's purpose is?

Well, how did you come to desire to live as God wants you to? Were you born that way?
It doesn't matter what I believe at this point.

Take me out of the equation completely.

What is going to happen to those hate God. Know that there is a God of love and hates everything he stands for including love. How will the mind of a person that fully knows they will have to become loving people but do not want to become loving people and love God?

Asking me questions is not answering mine.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:32 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
It doesn't matter what I believe at this point.

Take me out of the equation completely.
You make statements and then don't want to explain what you mean by them. You're in this discussion, therefore it matters what you think. What is the purpose of God that these people have an accurate understanding of but want no part of?

Quote:
What is going to happen to those hate God. Know that there is a God of love and hates everything he stands for including love. How will the mind of a person that fully knows they will have to become loving people but do not want to become loving people and love God?

Asking me questions is not answering mine.
I'm asking you a pertinent question that may help you to see an answer to your question. How did you come to want to become a loving person? And then tell us why what worked for you wouldn't work for anyone else?

Old 05-31-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You make statements and then don't want to explain what you mean by them. You're in this discussion, therefore it matters what you think. What is the purpose of God that these people have an accurate understanding of but want no part of?

I'm asking you a pertinent question that may help you to see an answer to your question. How did you come to want to become a loving person? And then tell us why what worked for you wouldn't work for anyone else?
No. It doesn't matter what I believe. There is belief and then their is truth. What does it matter to a person that hates a God of love and love itself what I believe. Act as if I never existed and answer what happens to people that knows God, hates God and hates loving others? Don't worry about my statements and answer the question only. If you answer with another question I will post the question alone. It's a single question. Please focus on the question and you answer it. It's not for me to answer the question. I'm starting to think you don't have an answer. Again leave me out of the answer and give me your doctrine's answer. You keep saying what works for person A, B, C will work for everyone else but can't prove it will. The way the world is today proves it doesn't. If your doctrine were true people would be getting more loving, yet they are not. How will this be solved, in detail?

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-31-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 PM

903 posts, read 583,980 times
It has been pointed out numerous times that Universal Salvation is quite dangerous if not correct.

No, I would not be upset if God saved everyone. But I don't believe scripture bears that out. God is God and will do what He wants. As Finn noted, if everyone is saved, then I would ask God why he sent Jesus to the Cross, but did not demand acceptance of that gift. Of course, God would not owe me an explanation, but He did end up answering Job, so I would hope that He would provide one.

As finite minds we will find out that we were wrong about a lot of things, but I don't think the way of salvation will be one of them.

cd :O)

Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
It has been pointed out numerous times that Universal Salvation is quite dangerous if not correct.

No, I would not be upset if God saved everyone. But I don't believe scripture bears that out. God is God and will do what He wants. As Finn noted, if everyone is saved, then I would ask God why he sent Jesus to the Cross, but did not demand acceptance of that gift. Of course, God would not owe me an explanation, but He did end up answering Job, so I would hope that He would provide one.

As finite minds we will find out that we were wrong about a lot of things, but I don't think the way of salvation will be one of them.

True, if Universal salvation was true everything that has occurred would have been a waste of time on God's part, plus no love if he allowed the suffering man has gone through for no reason. We are to learn what the consequences of sin are and how they impact everyone and that it will not go on forever. The ones who chose bad will be gone.

If God wanted all to be saved, He would simply have changed Adam and Eve and their children would have been different.

He didn't, which tells us a lot about those who reject Him and love what he hates.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:52 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Him saving the criminal on the right, and not the one on the left is 100% in sync with everything He taught.
Are we sure the other was sent to burn in hell? It is not directly addressed in scripture one way or the other..

Old 05-31-2016, 12:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
No. It doesn't matter what I believe. There is belief and then their is truth. What does it matter to a person that hates a God of love and love itself what I believe. Act as if I never existed and answer what happens to people that knows God, hates God and hates loving others? Don't worry about my statements and answer the question only. If you answer with another question I will post the question alone. It's a single question. Please focus on the question and you answer it. It's not for me to answer the question. I'm starting to think you don't have an answer. Again leave me out of the answer and give me your doctrine's answer.
You said you don't understand and I'm trying to help you. But perhaps you don't really want to understand. Perhaps it feels good to think there is something special about you that makes you worthy of "salvation" (whatever that means to you) that other people just don't have.

Here's a biblical axiom for you to consider: it is the goodness of God that leads to repentance. If you believe that, why do you think someone would need a lobotomy rather than to have the goodness of God revealed to them, and to experience it for however long it takes to sink in that God actually is good?

(And if you still don't understand that that question is an answer to your question, just omit the "why do" and replace the question mark with a period. )

Old 05-31-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post

Agreed. God will do what is righteous every time. As Job said, "It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly..." Job 34:10. God didn't force all the Jews of Jesus time to accept Jesus, that would be taking away their free-choice. To remove a person's free-choice is to act wickedly.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-31-2016 at 01:17 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You said you don't understand and I'm trying to help you. But perhaps you don't really want to understand. Perhaps it feels good to think there is something special about you that makes you worthy of "salvation" (whatever that means to you) that other people just don't have.

Here's a biblical axiom for you to consider: it is the goodness of God that leads to repentance. If you believe that, why do you think someone would need a lobotomy rather than to have the goodness of God revealed to them, and to experience it for however long it takes to sink in that God actually is good?

(And if you still don't understand that that question is an answer to your question, just omit the "why do" and replace the question mark with a period. )
In detail. How will God change the minds of those that know God, hate God, hate love?

(Do not use my feelings at all in your explanation. Pretend I can't feel.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity