Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 07:46 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Okay, so it seems many would be upset if God saved all mankind.
Could that sentiment have to do with your self-righteousness? "I went to church all my life, I paid my tithes, I went to Bible study every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. I mowed the pastors lawn. I baked cookies every Sunday for the after Church get togethers. These other people were drunkards, whores, cheats. Why should they go to heaven?"

It reminds me of the workers in the vineyard where some worked all day in the heat of the sun and some for just an hour or less yet all got paid the same amount. And who complained? Yep, those self-righteous ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Really? call foul on a supposedly all-powerful god who will turn on you in a heartbeat and consign you to an eternity in torment? I can only hope I could be that brave, but eternity in torment with no hope of reprieve? It would take an incredible person to be able to stand for what is right and good in the face of that. I imagine most of us would be groveling right alongside the majority of humanity.

But then, your god knows our every thought, yes? Surely he would know that we are saying we love and adore him out of pure terror. I suppose he'd be okay with that. Tyranical evil despots usually are, right? They get off on having that kind of controlling power.
If eternal torment were true, abortion would be a righteous act. Kill em before they reach the age of accountability to ensure they go right to heaven. Salvation by murder. LOL

Old 06-01-2016, 07:50 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[i]When someone matures, they have a different perception.

I had a daughter who said she hated me, didn't love me.
Until, she understood that my love was unconditional.

Exactly. Its not a difficult concept to grasp... for those whose minds haven't been poisoned by some of the more heinous Christian doctrines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[i]Jumping from an airplane without a parachute is a mindless act.
Faith exists in the parachute, not on being an airhead.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:53 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If eternal torment were true, abortion would be a righteous act. Kill em before they reach the age of accountability to ensure they go right to heaven. Salvation by murder. LOL
Sadly, I'm sure more than one child has lost their life to that kind of mentally ill thinking brought on by the teaching of eternal torment.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
]Okay, so it seems many would be upset if God saved all mankind.
Could that sentiment have to do with your self-righteousness? "I went to church all my life, I paid my tithes, I went to Bible study every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. I mowed the pastors lawn. I baked cookies every Sunday for the after Church get togethers. These other people were drunkards, whores, cheats. Why should they go to heaven?"
How do you figure, when everyone is saying they would not be upset?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:04 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Murder, or as designed?

Surely god could have made abortion impossible, no? It had to come up with the concept of abortion in order for it to happen.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Murder, or as designed?

Surely god could have made abortion impossible, no? It had to come up with the concept of abortion in order for it to happen.
Numbers 5:27 – Abortion Is Okay, If The Mom Doesn’t Approve

“If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse.”

Exodus 21:22-25 – Not Valued As Human Life

“When men have a fight and hurt a pregnant woman, so that she suffers a miscarriage, but no further injury, the guilty one shall be fined as much as the woman’s husband demands of him, and he shall pay in the presence of the judges. But if injury ensues, you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”

Old 06-01-2016, 09:24 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
I am just kind of curious if you would be upset if God really did save all mankind because Christ ransomed all per 1 Timothy 2:4-6.

Would that sadden you to see your loved ones saved even if they never set foot in church?
Saved from what?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Saved from what?
Not just saved from what but also saved to:

Saved from sin and death and saved to immortality and incorruption.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:11 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Not just saved from what but also saved to:

Saved from sin and death and saved to immortality and incorruption.
Sin? No saving needed. Stop sinning.

Immorality? No saving needed. Live a good life.

Corruption? Do not be corrupt.

Those things are in my control.

Death? I got nuthin'

I do not need to be saved from any of those things.

I would be happy for you if you require intervention to stop sinning, stop being corrupt, and stop being immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity