Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 02:10 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. Anyone if free to believe whatever they want, and it won't change the outcome. You could try to argue it is unloving to say people will die, but the truth is that people will die. It is a fact of life. There is nothing loving or unloving about having an opinion. People will try to make it about you, arguing that your opinion unloving, while theirs is more "loving". It's not honest. So, would it be a loving thing to argue people will not die? I don't think so. It tickles the ears, that's all.
No one had to believe to get what they got from Adam's one act of disobedience and Romans 5:18,19 says "even as" "thus also" when it comes to Christ's one act of obedience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 02:10 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Actuallly, if the Salvation of all is true, God will chop off your head .........
'Interesting' UR views you got there Very loving. Are you dancing with joy anticipating the chopping off the heads (I am using your language here)?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:11 PM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Correct. Anyone if free to believe whatever they want, and it won't change the outcome. You could try to argue it is unloving to say people will die, but the truth is that people will die. It is a fact of life. There is nothing loving or unloving about having an opinion. People will try to make it about you, arguing that having an opinion about something is somehow unloving, while their opinion is more "loving". So, would it be a loving thing to argue people will not die? I don't think so. It tickles the ears, that's all.
I'm afraid so. So the question should be put back on the OP. 'Would you be upset if God really didn't save all mankind?' Would they reject the Almighty? Or would they come to understand? Where someone that trust everything God does is righteous and correct would be fine if every person was saved or if everyone wasn't saved. Would those that think everyone is saved to find out everyone wasn't, reject God?

My faith is in the Word of God. That not a single righteous person in God's eyes will be forgotten. There will be no accidents. No person that shouldn't be in paradise or Heaven will slip through either. God's judgements are 'sweeter than honey from the comb.' (Psalm 19:9, 10) This means even if a person needs to be removed forever, then it can only be for the best for all mankind because Jehovah doesn't make mistakes. At the same time, anyone that has the heart to follow His commands and benefit mankind is not going to be destroyed. God is not unrighteous as to overlook for the good in people if there any to be found. The scales are His. My opinions register like dust on those scales.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-31-2016 at 02:26 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
'Interesting' UR views you got there Very loving. Are you dancing with joy anticipating the chopping off the heads (I am using your language here)?
I am curious why you didn't lampoon the poster in post 66 by 2Timothy316 who said God will give us a lobotomy if He saves all.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I'm afraid so. So the question should be put back on the OP. 'Would you be upset if God really didn't save all mankind?' Would they reject the Almighty? Or would they come to understand? Where someone that trust everything God does is righteous and correct would be fine if every person was saved or if everyone wasn't saved. Would those that think everyone is saved to find out everyone wasn't, reject God?
Yes I would be upset since God would be found to be a liar since He told us He "will have all mankind to be saved," and Christ's ransoming of all mankind would be found to be completely ineffective.

Quote:
My faith is in the Word of God.
If it was you would believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 which states God will have all mankind to be saved . . . for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all."

Quote:
That not a single righteous person in God's eyes will be forgotten. There will be no accidents. No person that shouldn't be in paradise or Heaven will slip through either. God's judgements are 'sweeter than honey from the comb.' (Psalm 19:9, 10) This means even if a person needs to be removed forever, then it can only be for the best for all mankind because Jehovah doesn't make mistakes. At the same time, anyone that has the heart to follow His commands and benefit mankind is not going to be destroyed. God is not unrighteous as to overlook for the good in people if there any to be found. The scales are His. My opinions register like dust on those scales.
Umm, sorry to have to tell you this but no one can do God's commandments in the flesh. See Romans 8
Romans 8:6-8 For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace, (7) because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able." (8) Now those who are in flesh are not able to please God.

If salvation were possible through the law, Christ would not have needed to die for us.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:41 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
It's not my belief, it's what I have heard from others. Let's say my belief is neutral. You tell me what it's supposed to be. What happens with those that want nothing to do with God and wish to kill those that don't believe their idea of God or hate God in general and wish to eliminate all those that even believe in a God.
Are you talking about the government?

Here is a video (27+minutes of hiding in a bunker during the Great Tribulation reflecting on all of their faithfulness to the Watchtower) and the end the door is broken open by what only can be seen as a SWAT team. If you notice one of the SWAT team members is balling his hands into a fist. I started it at the very end because I didn't think anyone would be interested in the whole thing. But yeah, they think the government is going to hunt them down and try to destroy them

https://youtu.be/wNtlDybBVA8?t=26m22s

Old 05-31-2016, 06:47 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are we sure the other was sent to burn in hell? It is not directly addressed in scripture one way or the other..
Hell is not the issue. One was told he would be with Jesus in paradise and the other wasn't. Different futures if you will, one with him and one not. No indication the other would ever be with him, so Universal salvation fails on Jesus' own words.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:23 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Him saving the criminal on the right, and not the one on the left is 100% in sync with everything He taught.
How did you conclude Not the one on the left ?
Jesus promised heaven to neither of them.
Jesus reassured the one he will have a physical resurrection on Earth during his 1,000-year rulership over Earth when Earth will be a beautiful paradisical garden as Eden was. - Revelation 22:2

The other one is still covered by Romans 6:7 that the one who has died is freed or acquitted from sin.
Both can still be part of the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.
That is why Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......'
So, both can have a happy-and-physical resurrection back to healthy life on Earth.
Jesus' promise to the one helped him die a peaceful death looking forward to being alive again but on a paradisical Earth.

Surely, aren't the Not saved ones those of Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6

Old 05-31-2016, 07:33 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are we sure the other was sent to burn in hell? It is not directly addressed in scripture one way or the other..
' sent to burn ' in which hell ? The non-biblical hell, or the Bible's hell ?____________

Didn't Jesus teach ' sleep in death ' at John 11:11-14 ?_______
Doesn't that teach us that while the dead Jesus was in biblical hell he was in a sleeping state ? _______Acts 2:27
Wasn't Jesus well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures ?________
And the old Hebrew Scriptures also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, as with Jesus, isn't the Bible's hell simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave until resurrected out of biblical hell ?_______

Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted their theories and philosophies.
The KJV Bible translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for being destroyed forever such as the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7

Old 05-31-2016, 10:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
"Enter by the narrow gate for the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction and many choose it but the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and there are few who find it."

Timothy was an impostor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity