Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 11:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Sin? No saving needed. Stop sinning.

Immorality? No saving needed. Live a good life.

Corruption? Do not be corrupt.

Those things are in my control.

Death? I got nuthin'

I do not need to be saved from any of those things.

I would be happy for you if you require intervention to stop sinning, stop being corrupt, and stop being immoral.
Not "Immorality" but immortality. You are not immortal.

You are corrupt since you have death operating in you. You are not in control of not dying.

In fact you do need saved from those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you figure, when everyone is saying they would not be upset?
Their actions speak the opposite, including your actions in your posts in this thread.

If you really believed "this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God," (1Ti 2:3), that "God will have all mankind to be saved" you would see it as ideal and welcome. Instead, you find it far from ideal and not welcome.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:25 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not "Immorality" but immortality. You are not immortal.

You are corrupt since you have death operating in you. You are not in control of not dying.

In fact you do need saved from those.
I do not need to be saved from sin or corruption and mortality. hahahaha read that wrong.

I do not really want to be immortal. I intend to live a verrrry long life, and get body parts replaced as needed.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I do not need to be saved from sin or corruption and mortality. hahahaha read that wrong.

I do not really want to be immortal. I intend to live a verrrry long life, and get body parts replaced as needed.
Your post proves you are sinning and corrupted.
You do need saved from sin and death even if you think otherwise.

Once you put on immortality, you will understand it all much better. No body parts needed.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:31 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Saved from what?
I think some need to be saved from thinking God is angry with people who don't believe the "right things" or who don't measure up to some arbitrary standard of perfection.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:03 PM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Would you then abandon Him? Or would you face it that you were the one wrong and He was right all along? Would you really cry foul on God that He doesn't do the best thing for mankind?
Quote:
If He was found to be a liar and an eternal torturer I would spit in His face.
Interesting. So if God doesn't fit your interpretations of the Bible using eisegesis, He is in the wrong and you are never wrong? While I would be fine if I was wrong and God did save all mankind, you on the other hand would spit in His face if you were wrong?

So let me get this straight for the record.

You're right. I'm ok and your ok.
You're wrong. I'm ok and you're going spit in God's face.

I sincerely hope you change your mind if you find you're wrong.

(BTW the Bible doesn't support eternal pain or torture, but it does support eternal punishment. Which is death, never to return, AKA second death.)

Old 06-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Interesting. So if God doesn't fit your interpretations of the Bible using eisegesis, He is in the wrong and you are never wrong?
No, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 needs no interpretation. It just needs to be believed. It is very plain: GOD WILL HAVE ALL MANKIND TO BE SAVED.

If God personallly came to me and said: "Eusebius, I am going to save all mankind because Christ ransomed all" but I got to heaven and found out He had no intention whatsoever of saving all, I would realize I am dealing with a very sick being.

Quote:
While I would be fine if I was wrong and God did save all mankind, you on the other hand would spit in His face if you were wrong?
No, I would spit in His face if He lied to me.

Quote:
So let me get this straight for the record.

You're right. I'm ok and your ok.
You're wrong. I'm ok and you're going spit in God's face.

I sincerely hope you change your mind if you find you're wrong.

(BTW the Bible doesn't support eternal pain or torture, but it does support eternal punishment. Which is death, never to return, AKA second death.)
Only in an improperly translation version is eternal punishment supported. Better get a better bible.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Really? call foul on a supposedly all-powerful god who will turn on you in a heartbeat and consign you to an eternity in torment? I can only hope I could be that brave, but eternity in torment with no hope of reprieve? It would take an incredible person to be able to stand for what is right and good in the face of that. I imagine most of us would be groveling right alongside the majority of humanity.

But then, your god knows our every thought, yes? Surely he would know that we are saying we love and adore him out of pure terror. I suppose he'd be okay with that. Tyranical evil despots usually are, right? They get off on having that kind of controlling power.
You still have not answered my question about how God will change every person's mind.

One of the fastest growing groups are atheist. The facts show things are going in reverse from what you preach. More people are not flocking to God. They are flocking away. God is not turning people. He doesn't control people and the facts support that. Every year there are more people that turn away from God than the year before. Please explain how this will be stopped. If your theories were true the facts would show the exact opposite of we actually see in the world today.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:

No, I would spit in His face if He lied to me.
So you see lies. Yet there is no way you could ever think that you were wrong in your interpretation in the Bible? Pride, haughtiness and a complete lack of humility if you would actually spit in God's face if it didn't come out the way you thought it would, encourages me to remind you of the following verses.

Mark 7:21, 22, "For from inside, out of the heart of men, come injurious reasonings... haughtiness, and unreasonableness."

James 4:6, "However, the undeserved kindness that He gives is greater. So it says: “God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.”

Also I recognize eisegesis as a flawed way to interpret the Bible and not the Bible.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:59 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:

Quote:
Your post proves you are sinning and corrupted.
You do need saved from sin and death even if you think otherwise.

Once you put on immortality, you will understand it all much better. No body parts needed.
Wait... shouldn't the message be... 'no worries, God will save you in the end' ... ?

She will at some point be saved from sin and death, right? What's the big deal about what she thinks now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity