Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Man up? hahahahahahaha Awesome.

Here. Allow me. Grow a vagina. It will do your allegedly Christian body good.

You disrespect the man you claim to love by endless sinning. Over and over again.

Sinning should be the hardest thing on Earth to do, yet you sin constantly. It comes easy to you as does your disrespect of Jesus.

I do not sin. Try it sometime.
Congratulations! You are the only person in the universe who does not need Christ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Congratulations! You are the only person in the universe who does not need Christ!
I'm not understanding where you are going with this. If Christ died for your sins and the ransom is paid why do you still need Christ? Are you still sinning? That was so 2000 years ago.

ETA:
If sinning is a compulsion for you E I know of a great therapy session starring Bob Newhart

https://youtu.be/Ow0lr63y4Mw

Old 06-02-2016, 07:43 PM

20,021 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
I am just kind of curious if you would be upset if God really did save all mankind because Christ ransomed all per 1 Timothy 2:4-6.

Would that sadden you to see your loved ones saved even if they never set foot in church?
If I bought the whole Christian narrative in the first place ... no, it would not bother me at all. When I was an evangelical with the standard Trinitarian and anti-universal-reconciliation stances, I took no pleasure in the notion that most of humanity would end up in hell, after all the gyrations god and man supposedly had been through for thousands of years. It seemed like 2000 years of Christianity should have produced more than a third of humanity nominally (mostly culturally) embracing Christianity ... and it's even worse when you consider the countless past generations, all presumably lost and burning forever.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times
Quote:
From the Concordant Commentary on Matthew 7:13:
13 The crowds enter a city by the broad road which passes through the wide gate. The narrow side-paths leading to a narrow gateway in some retired corner were seldom used and were always shut in the daytime and locked at night. Few find or use these paths. This is not an illustration of the gospel, but of the law. It represents an effort to attain life. It is not stated that few find life, but few find the path to it. All life is God's gift and can never be made by man, either in the sphere of religion or of science.
That is their opinion and not an opinion I can agree with. Jesus in no way said He was speaking of what they are describing. If few find the path that leads to life then few find life since the path is the way to the gate that leads to life.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
I suspect there's a few more.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:47 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
[quote=Eusebius;Congratulations You are the only person in the universe who does not need Christ![/quote]

Congratulations. You are one of many fundamentalist ideologues who disrespect Jesus by sinning all the time.
Sinning comes as easy as breathing for you when it should be the hardest thing in the world.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
The only One Who knew no sin, Jesus Christ has told us He died for the sins of all mankind. So you must have needed dying for and you must be a sinner or Christ need not have died for your sins.

You not being there does not disprove He died for your sins.

He died for all of our sins. When He returns, then I will put on immortality and incorruption.
His sacrifice was not wasted.
You couldn't be more wrong. Jesus never said He was dying for anyone's sins. Your interpretation is corrupt.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Congratulations. You are one of many fundamentalist ideologues who disrespect Jesus by sinning all the time.
Sinning comes as easy as breathing for you when it should be the hardest thing in the world.
"When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just, he shall live."says the Lord

Jesus said that those who believe in Him do the works He did and that the words He spoke were the works of God. He said those who do not believe in Him are sinners.

You do not believe!! This makes you a sinner. You only think you are not a sinner but "if the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

Old 06-02-2016, 08:05 PM

20,021 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just, he shall live."says the Lord

Jesus said that those who believe in Him do the works He did and that the words He spoke were the works of God. He said those who do not believe in Him are sinners.

You do not believe!! This makes you a sinner. You only think you are not a sinner but "if the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."
I was waiting for some fundamentalist's head to explode. You did not disappoint.

Quite a few Christians believe either that god is too good to condemn man, or that man is too good for god to condemn. Or both. I don't buy those points of view, OR yours, personally ... but I'm just pointing out the personal and subjective and conflicting beliefs that the failed epistemology of faith leads to.

In reality no one can claim to be sinless because the concept of sin is itself simply a human construct. The poster you decry is no different from you or me ... just a human being doing their best, working with the only morality that's available to anyone -- the morality of the society they live in.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

I have a very comfortable relationship with God. We are old friends. I do not sin.

You should try it sometime. Sin should be the most difficult thing, yet you do it all the time. It is as easy as breathing for you. If you believe Jesus died for your sin, then you should stop disrespecting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity