Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 07:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus was talking about the law of Moses. The law is very constricted and very hard. If righteousness were through law, Christ need not have died for our sins.

Which Timothy?
He as talking about the gate that leads to life as He stated and the gate to damination. The righteous who do good to the resurrection of life, the wicked who do evil to the resurrection of condemnation.

Righteousness is reached by serving the Lord and doing what is truthful.

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him." (Son of man)

Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world. The son of man takes away the sins of those who are One in his presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
2 Peter 3:9 explains 1 Tim 2:4-6
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not late concerning his promise, as some count lateness, but is patient with us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

You should investigate that which will be destroyed, it's not the man himself.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Lord is not late concerning his promise, as some count lateness, but is patient with us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

... who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

Now that I have busted the bible down to philosophy I see "man" to represent ideology. So, I would say that God intends to remove evil systems not any humans. I'm not sure if that's what you are saying but you made me think of that.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:25 PM

63,837 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Now that I have busted the bible down to philosophy I see "man" to represent ideology. So, I would say that God intends to remove evil systems not any humans. I'm not sure if that's what you are saying but you made me think of that.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Religiosity has to jettison its outdated ideologies, and give up its stranglehold on power.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:37 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No. I do not sin. Not sinning is not a sin.

You on the other hand sin all the time. You are an admitted sinner. It comes easy to you, because you sin all the time. Sin comes easy to you.
We all sin because we are all dying (Romans 5:12). You, me, everyone sins, otherwise we would not need a Saviour to save us from our sinning and dying.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:39 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
He as talking about the gate that leads to life as He stated and the gate to damination. The righteous who do good to the resurrection of life, the wicked who do evil to the resurrection of condemnation.

Righteousness is reached by serving the Lord and doing what is truthful.

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him." (Son of man)

Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world. The son of man takes away the sins of those who are One in his presence.
From the Concordant Commentary on Matthew 7:13:
13 The crowds enter a city by the broad road which passes through the wide gate. The narrow side-paths leading to a narrow gateway in some retired corner were seldom used and were always shut in the daytime and locked at night. Few find or use these paths. This is not an illustration of the gospel, but of the law. It represents an effort to attain life. It is not stated that few find life, but few find the path to it. All life is God's gift and can never be made by man, either in the sphere of religion or of science.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:51 AM

741 posts, read 444,902 times
Quote:

Ungodly people will be destroyed. So it IS the man himself that is destroyed. Just have to look in the exact same chapter to see who is destroyed. I didn't have to look far. This is why the whole Bible must be taken into account and why we shouldn't read one sentence and make a doctrine out of it. Or conjure some personal interpretation. Anytime a person conjures an interpretation it's always to put doctrine before what the Bible plainly says.

2 Peter 3:7-9 "But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people. However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

2 Peter 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. Feel free to read it in any version you like.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:14 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
I think I understand what you are saying DRob.

I thought I explained to her that we are all dying. No one can escape our dying condition until Christ returns and believers put on immortality and incorruption. Obviously we are mortal and corrupt, if, in the future, we put on immortality and incorruption, right?

She is dying and corrupt. Even if she thinks she needs no help, she still does.

If, what you are saying is correct that what we think isn't as important as Whose we are, both are taken by faith. The Apostle Paul addressed both issues by telling the believer Whose we are and corrected their wrong thinking. Is that not a fair statement for me to make?
Paul's epistles are based on doctrine and deportment. If one has bad doctrine, ones deportment will reflect that.

Para 1 - She probably understands that she will die.

Para 2 - If she is dying and corrupt, what is your status? Is it different?

Para 3 - While one's doctrine and deportment are important on earth to properly reflect Christ to others, for the most part it has nothing to do with whose we are... other than having the necessary faith in Christ to be born from above.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:32 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
We all sin because we are all dying (Romans 5:12). You, me, everyone sins, otherwise we would not need a Saviour to save us from our sinning and dying.
I am not dying. I am growing older. Death is not sin.

You sin all the time. Every day. You would think sinning would be a difficult thing, yet it comes easy to you. It should be the most difficult thing in the world. You treat sin so casually.

You sin all the time, so you must need someone to save you. You have no intention of making it easy for your savior who has to clean up your mess of sin. Astonishing.

God and I are old friends. I do not need a savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity