Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 10:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Him saving the criminal on the right, and not the one on the left is 100% in sync with everything He taught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are we sure the other was sent to burn in hell? It is not directly addressed in scripture one way or the other...
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hell is not the issue. One was told he would be with Jesus in paradise and the other wasn't. Different futures if you will, one with him and one not. No indication the other would ever be with him, so Universal salvation fails on Jesus' own words.
He was crucified between two thieves: The mistakes of yesterday; and the fears of tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
What is going to happen to those hate God. Know that there is a God of love and hates everything he stands for including love. How will the mind of a person that fully knows they will have to become loving people but do not want to become loving people and love God?

Asking me questions is not answering mine.
When someone matures, they have a different perception.

I had a daughter who said she hated me, didn't love me.
Until, she understood that my love was unconditional.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Truth is not based on what we feel. Gravity doesn't exist because we feel like it should.
Jumping from an airplane without a parachute is a mindless act.
Faith exists in the parachute, not on being an airhead.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If I am spreading God's message of salvation through faith in the death and resurrection of Christ, then I am on solid ground.
Depends on what you mean by faith-in, or your reasoning.
His countenance bore the love of God, not the sins of men.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are welcome to your personal views. I do not wish to discuss something which has been explained to you so many times. People waste their time explaining things to you, when you always come back as if nothing had been said.
Now, that sounds familiar; and there is always the ignore button?
I know that some of you turn a deaf-ear to those who make sense.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:04 AM

741 posts, read 445,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes I would be upset since God would be found to be a liar since He told us He "will have all mankind to be saved," and Christ's ransoming of all mankind would be found to be completely ineffective.
Would you then abandon Him? Or would you face it that you were the one wrong and He was right all along? Would you really cry foul on God that He doesn't do the best thing for mankind?

Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,001,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Enter by the narrow gate for the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction and many choose it but the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and there are few who find it."
Jesus was talking about the law of Moses. The law is very constricted and very hard. If righteousness were through law, Christ need not have died for our sins.

Quote:
Timothy was an impostor.
Which Timothy?

Old 06-01-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Would you then abandon Him? Or would you face it that you were the one wrong and He was right all along? Would you really cry foul on God that He doesn't do the best thing for mankind?
If He was found to be a liar and an eternal torturer I would spit in His face.

Eternal torture is in no way the best thing for mankind. The best thing for mankind, and which mankind will get is immortality and incorruption, salvation, reconciliation, righteousness, all due to Christ one act of obedience.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jumping from an airplane without a parachute is a mindless act.
Faith exists in the parachute, not on being an airhead.

That is actually funny . . . the last part.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,424,287 times
Quote:
Really? call foul on a supposedly all-powerful god who will turn on you in a heartbeat and consign you to an eternity in torment? I can only hope I could be that brave, but eternity in torment with no hope of reprieve? It would take an incredible person to be able to stand for what is right and good in the face of that. I imagine most of us would be groveling right alongside the majority of humanity.

But then, your god knows our every thought, yes? Surely he would know that we are saying we love and adore him out of pure terror. I suppose he'd be okay with that. Tyranical evil despots usually are, right? They get off on having that kind of controlling power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity