Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 06:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Like I said, I can't just go with something which sounds more "likable". I go with the truth. Prosperity gospel sounds nice and likable too, but it is not the truth, so I don't buy into it.

You must be an easy target for salespeople.
So what is the truth you buy into and do you actually like it, or did you just think to yourself, this is the truth whether i like it or not, but i will buy into it?. It is nothing more than a boast of i am right about my beliefs so yours are wrong, and the more i hear this kind of garbage, the more i understand why this form of godliness without the power is rejected in this day and age.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-07-2018 at 06:48 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:

If only you could see that your were bought hook line and sinker by the evangelical salesman offering you a free ticket into heaven if you believed you were saved by Jesus from eternal hell.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do not like the idea of ALL humanity being saved and coming to the full knowledge of the truth.

Try not to be so defensive!
That was closer to sound doctrine, thank You jerwade.

"Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, 'Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons."

Above is what Yeshua dictates.
No pity for The devil and his demons.

So what about this is difficult to accept?
You keep mentioning some sort of hypothetical argument that sounds more scripted than what most here have shared in bible verses and exegetical works to help expound.

Whats wrong about universalism is the inference or implication that Yeshua(Jesus) is lying, and then and that subsequently the disciples are also lying.
If a person has spent time with reading they will find that Yeshua says the holy scriptures speak of Him.
And if you read in Matthew about the Time the Lord walked on the water you will hear some awesome dictations from the Lord.

There are quite a few times He explicitly says I Am.

The earth a footstool and serpent cursed to be trampled and eat dust didn't change.
Simple really.

Blessings Always

Old 10-07-2018, 07:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Like I said, I can't just go with something which sounds more "likable". I go with the truth. Prosperity gospel sounds nice and likable too, but it is not the truth, so I don't buy into it. Very few like the idea of death, but it will happen whether we like it or not.

If I were an easy target, then I would buy into the nonsense of religious fundamentalism.
So, explain why the Lake (of fire) carries the meaning of a safe haven or refuge of safety?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Whats wrong about universalism is the inference or implication that Yeshua (Jesus) is lying, and then that subsequently the disciples are also lying.
Lying about what?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Lying about what?
His Name for one.

Have you been baptized into the name of universalism?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Whats wrong about universalism is the inference or implication that Yeshua(Jesus) is lying, and then and that subsequently the disciples are also lying.
Quote:
Lying about what?
Quote:
His Name for one.

Have you been baptized into the name of universalism?
There is a universal application for what happens to one, happens to ALL.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
There is a universal application for what happens to one, happens to ALL.
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6 “I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[b] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by[d] the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[e] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

No,
Not all.
Read vs:12

Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
If I were an easy target, then I would buy into the nonsense of religious fundamentalism.
Why would you? It does not sound nice to you, and you like things which sound nice. The nicer the better. Likewise a car salesman will tell you a Honda is much nicer then Hyndai, so you buy a Honda.

Quote:
So, explain why the Lake (of fire) carries the meaning of a safe haven or refuge of safety?
You explain your own nonsense.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-08-2018 at 05:43 AM..

Old 10-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Why would you? It does not sound nice to you, and you like things which sound nice. The nicer the better. Likewise a car salesman will tell you a Honda is much nicer then Hyndai, so you buy a Honda.

You explain your own nonsense.
Not nice?, do you realize wherever Jesus went great joy came upon the place. Where are you getting this garbage that the good news..... peace on earth and goodwill towards all is offensive?. i am assuming joy is offensive to you.

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

And there was great joy in that city.

Your belief is "get offended by the good news to accept the gift,if you haven't been offended by it you heard a false message".

Last edited by pcamps; 10-08-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity