Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I've never had an abortion thankfully - women get affected though by their own grief, rather than some external pressure group, in fact - those who have loads of pressure anti-abortion tend to rebel against that. Its often those women who didn't think they would feel grief who do the fiercest. Something happens to the woman in a deep spiritual way, which is why I think it is a sin - and it hurts the woman often for life.
I have never had an abortion.

I have prayed with ladies who were in the position of considering an abortion. I have taken a few ladies to clinics.

To this day I know ladies [through our church] who have had abortions.

I am not in a position to say that they grief from the experience, I have not seen anything to imply to me that they do. A loving culture that does not heap guilt is merciful.

A hateful 'church' where guilt is routinely heaped onto each other, would change this. but in that case it would not be the person's grief 'afflicting them, rather the guilt form the hate of the 'church' doing it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 07:28 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macharuadan View Post
I've been 2 an abortion clinic before,2 get 1.As I waited my turn,I watched a couple enter a room w/Dr.,a few min. later heard a vacumn sound,then the couple came out just smiling as they had done nothing wrong.I was next,I entered the room,&sat ,waiting on Dr.What I saw still bothers me 2 this day.The Dr. forgot 2 turn off altrasound mach.,there on the screen was a baby,fully formed,now dead becuase that couples selfish choice.I was horrified,angry,hurt,confused&terrified!Could I really do this?....
Quote:
...At the time I saw no other way,no hope,so I lay back&let the Dr. exam. me.Then he gave me an altrasound,2 check size,apr.age of fetus.There on the screen was a beautiful 3 1/2 month baby,fully formed,perfect.He checked my cervix,there was a prob.,He said 2 come back on Mon.,it was Friday.I didn't go back!Today that fetus is a handsome,smart,(BLESSING FROM GOD),young man,whom I'm forever grateful for,that I choose Life.I did suffer depression,guilt 4 yrs.,just knowing how close I came,it was horrible!
Bless you.

Bless you.

Bless you.

I thank God for you and for your courage to share your story.

Hug your son for all of us.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
I've been 2 an abortion clinic before,2 get 1.As I waited my turn,I watched a couple enter a room w/Dr.,a few min. later heard a vacumn sound,then the couple came out just smiling as they had done nothing wrong.I was next,I entered the room,&sat ,waiting on Dr.What I saw still bothers me 2 this day.The Dr. forgot 2 turn off altrasound mach.,there on the screen was a baby,fully formed,now dead becuase that couples selfish choice.I was horrified,angry,hurt,confused&terrified!Could I really do this?....
Quote:
...At the time I saw no other way,no hope,so I lay back&let the Dr. exam. me.Then he gave me an altrasound,2 check size,apr.age of fetus.There on the screen was a beautiful 3 1/2 month baby,fully formed,perfect.He checked my cervix,there was a prob.,He said 2 come back on Mon.,it was Friday.I didn't go back!Today that fetus is a handsome,smart,(BLESSING FROM GOD),young man,whom I'm forever grateful for,that I choose Life.I did suffer depression,guilt 4 yrs.,just knowing how close I came,it was horrible!
Thank you....Macharuadan, for sharing with us!!
Blessings to you! God does protect and will show us His will if we take heed to His voice... and by your two testimonies, you were listening...
You both are a blessing from God!!!

I started reading this thread and had to stop....the excuses and reasoning is beyond me...

I absolutely believe abortion is wrong... I believed it was wrong before I became a Christian and now I know the reasons to why, "It is a sin"!

I walked a road with a friend who did this and I did everything I could to persuade her from doing it.... This was over 25 years ago, she has never been the same person... guilt has eaten her life! She turned to drinking and drugs to escape the emotional pain.

I have dealt with many women, Christians, who did this in their past life, and non-believers..something emotionally happens to a women who falls into the snare of abortion being the answer to whatever situation in their life..guilt does overcome sooner or later... some recognize it and get help, some deny it and fall into the trap of escaping the pain through another way....but it is there and is very real....

I do hope that some will read this thread and hear God speaking through those who share the experiences to why it is wrong...

Sin is deceiving... it will lead one down a path and when that one crosses over they wish they had never tasted it... and what is so sad is that they can never return to the innocence of their emotions before they took the road of abortion (sin)... Yes, God will forgive and heal, but one will always remember....the life before and after that decision!!!

Blessings to all....

Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Isn't abortion considered a big sin in the Catholic Church?

Abortion to me has always been a representation of the society we live in. Self before others.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:33 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times
I go to a Catholic university, and not too long ago we had a speaker come to do a presentation on abortion. She had four abortions herself, however the last abortion was what you would call a 'botched' abortion, in that the abortion procedure didn't work. The saline solution used to kill her unborn child tore up her baby, and he was born with severe complications. But he was born. And from that day on, she saw what she did to three other children of hers. She realized that what she had committed was three murders. Now she dedicates her life to preventing abortions.

We look at the unborn fetus as just a clump of cells (well some people do), not worthy of life until they are born. Sometimes I hear the word parasite tossed around, as if this person had any choice to be born. It was a 'parasite' that was welcomed into the body once she chose to have sex with another man. We talk about the right's of the woman, yet ignore the right of the unborn child who will never get to see the light of a beautiful day.

From conception, those unborn babies are indeed still human beings. They deserve to be treated as such. And if the mother doesn't want the baby, she can give it up for adoption. But to kill it, that is heinous.

However, I will let God judge those people. I don't think it is my place.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Abortion is violating the commandment"Thou shalt not commit murder." It is a sin.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:51 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
Well, I was having a debate with two of my closest friends, John and Stephanie at Starbucks. I asked my friends about why there are some many people that are against abortions. John told me that is a sin and states its like murdering a person, as did Stephanie.

What if the mother was raped and her life was endangered? Would it still be a sin if she engaged in getting an abortion?

Thanks in advanced.
It's still murder but falls under self defense if the mother's life is in danger.

As to rape, is a fetus that is concieved as a result of rape different than one what was concieved by accident or on purpose? It's still the taking of a human life no matter how it began.

I was concieved as a result of a rape. If you saw me on the street could you tell? Is there something about me that is so wrong I should be dead?

Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It's still murder but falls under self defense if the mother's life is in danger.

As to rape, is a fetus that is concieved as a result of rape different than one what was concieved by accident? It's still the taking of a human life no matter how it began.

I was concieved as a result of a rape. If you saw me on the street could you tell? Is there something about me that is so wrong I should be dead?
Thank you for sharing that.

I was watching a (secular) news show, I think it was ABC news a few months back and they were looking at different aspects of abortion issues across several nights.

One evening the main story was about a woman with a story like yours. She now actually speaks on the subject publicly to bring awareness that an abortion after a rape could actually be considered a rape with two victims.

One raped, the other killed.

God bless you and your mother.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207;
These lives ended so prematurely we won't know until Glory. They are not God or 'gods' but I do believe they are with Him.
While I do not beleive that a fetus has a soul [obviously because the Bible says so], if a fetus did have a soul then 1 Cor 7 would apply.

1 Cor 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. :14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
While I do not beleive that a fetus has a soul [obviously because the Bible says so], if a fetus did have a soul then 1 Cor 7 would apply.

1 Cor 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. :14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Maybe, but I don't believe the bible teaches that a fetus does not have soul.

I believe God knows us in our mother's womb, and I don't believe He knows soul-less humans.

I'm assuming you are pro-choice, forest beekeeper, is that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity