Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama won....so what's the explanation for that?
God didn't hear the prayers of those who prayed for McCain to win. 2 2.78%
God's will was done, and He wanted Obama elected. 29 40.28%
Other....explain. 41 56.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times

Advertisements

AMEN twin spin! Great post!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I did NOT say the purpose for him being elected is to be wicked and set the stage for God's wrath. I agreed with bchris02 that this could be reason he was elected (and even he didn't word it the way you said). Yes I said maybe he is the anti-christ, he probably isn't, but hey we don't know who the anit-christ will be, just like don't know when Jesus will return, but I do believe the leader of our nation needs our prayers, how can you disagree with that??
Okay, just trying to sort out and make sense of what's being said

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Since Obama won the election, I want to hear the evangelical fundamentalist Christian explanation for what happened. You all apparently prayed that McCain would win....but he didn't.

So does that mean God ignored your prayers or didn't hear you? Or was it simply that God wanted Obama to be elected?

Which is it?

Keep in mind, you all apparently would want God's will to be done, is that correct? So by virtue of the fact that Obama won, are you willing to accept that was God's will?
Yes it was God`s will. Just like it was God`s will that Bush was elected. Nothing happens without God ordaining it. If a hurricane blows through your town then it was God`s will that it happen. When we lose a love one....then it`s God`s will to take that person at that time. This is his creation..he is in control of it. Nothing takes God by surprise. He knows what is going to happen tomorrow and how it`s going to happen and there is nothing you or I can do to stop it. He is totally sovereign with absolute free will and he doesn`t act based on your actions or mine.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
AMEN! Absolutely His eyes are upon us and He will take care of us. This is where our hope remains based upon our faith in His grace, His mercy, His power and His ability to ensure that we, His children, are taken care of.
I hear people say this all the time. What do you mean by...he will take care of us or he will ensure that we are taken care of? Just wondering.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
God is noit concern rather Bush or Obama is voted in to office. He isn't evben concerned whether Hitler came to power, He gives man free will but they will be judged on the judgement day. God didn't have Booth shoot Lincoln;booth did that by his own free will. God also did enslave blacks in thsi country ;men did.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
God is noit concern rather Bush or Obama is voted in to office. He isn't evben concerned whether Hitler came to power, He gives man free will but they will be judged on the judgement day. God didn't have Booth shoot Lincoln;booth did that by his own free will. God also did enslave blacks in thsi country ;men did.
Man doesn`t have absolute free will... only God does. That`s part of man`s problem..his ego. We want to be like God. We want to think we have free will like God. God created satan and evil for a purpose. God knew what he was doing when he created satan. Do you think God didn`t know what was going to happen when he created satan? Do you think he didn`t know about lincoln,hitler etc. You mention slaves in this country but people have been enslaved throughout the course of history. What about the hebrews being enslaved for generations to the egyptians? Did God have a purpose for that? God hands people over to their enemies all the time. He raised up pharoah for a purpose. We like to think of God as this person sitting up in the clouds on a throne waiting and hoping that we will make good decisions and choose the right path etc. etc. We don`t understand God, his purpose, or what this life is all about. We think it`s all about us.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
I did NOT say the purpose for him being elected is to be wicked and set the stage for God's wrath.
Really? You quoted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
God doesn't always appoint the righteous to lead. God sometimes appoints the wicked to set the stage for His holy wrath upon a nation that has forgotten Him.
Your response was exactly this:

Quote:
Yes I agree, and I believe that is why he won.
You have now made it clear you meant something different, but you did originally say that, right? Or have I lost the ability to read and comprehend words *eeek!* Please say "no you haven't"

Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 AM

322 posts, read 737,713 times
Another positive about the current political and moral situation, is that now it will be easier to convince American Christians that it is time to pull out of America.

With the salt of the Earth gone, Babylon will also soon be gone. Now that the liberal Democrats control the House, Senate, and White House, maybe more Christians will see the evil that was already here before the election and now.

For those who need more info about the Babylon situation, there have been several discussions at this forum about that.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Another positive about the current political and moral situation, is that now it will be easier to convince American Christians that it is time to pull out of America.

With the salt of the Earth gone, Babylon will also soon be gone. Now that the liberal Democrats control the House, Senate, and White House, maybe more Christians will see the evil that was already here before the election and now.

For those who need more info about the Babylon situation, there have been several discussions at this forum about that.
Oh say it ain't so Joe!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post

All the fundamentalist dooms dayers, I mean, all the Godly should leave? And go to other countries, non-babylonic countries? What countries would that be? Canada? Mexico? Sweden? France? Russia? (just curious)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity