Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

Curly, I did go through all the scriptures on my thread of the topical study of the Spirit to see if I had missed something. I am not incapable of doing that....i.e. missing something.
As you , and all who have read my posts, should realize by now, I am convinced that the word of God contains all that is needed for life and godliness, for the Christian. I am concerned by anything that is added to it, or taken away from it, when it pretains to doctrine.
I know, we, (including me), have given our thoughts on differant topics, but our thoughts are not the word of God. If it conflicts with the word, we are in danger.

Thank you (and StirringWaters), for your last posts. I posted my post too late in the day, and should never post in the evening when I am tiring....

Peace,
Marian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
No Robin. I can tell you this much, I am NOT going back into that. If I lose my mind and cry out to god (whichever one is listening on that day) in desperation, who is going to believe in my confession of faith while under duress anyway? In my right mind and with what I know, I won't be coming back in this life at least.
I am not arguing with, but like I said I felt the same way right up to the moment He broke my heart. I am merely trying to relate to you, no judging, no declarations, just sharing.

Quote:
I will forever mention this. I left the faith while I was at MY height in it. I was having the best time of my life being a Christian. No, I wasn't mad at god. Wasn't disillusioned with any pastors or church members. Wasn't yearning to be in the world. Wasn't under any persecution or duress. Was in my happy bliss "in the lord" and then common sense came a knocking.
Common sense as in what, what convinced you otherwise?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 AM

605 posts, read 1,108,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Common sense as in what, what convinced you otherwise?
Very long story.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He has provided a way for EVERYONE to know about Him.

Romans 1:19-20 "For the truth about God is know to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God".
Ahhh, thank you sister ILNC for that scripture reference. God is working through you today (or yesterday, I guess it was). I tried to rep you but........well, you know. We never know when we quote scripture who needs that one particular scripture and just how important it is to someone. God is at work through all of his saints, and today your scripture was meant for me, and I'm sure many others.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Very long story.
I am ready,willing and able if you are willing to write it?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Very long story.
We are interested in your story.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Was in my happy bliss "in the lord" and then common sense came a knocking.
Common sense is a trait of the carnal mind, which at its root is the enemy of God.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Common sense is a trait of the carnal mind, which at its root is the enemy of God.
Little Elmer, I love you as a brother so please don't see this as criticism but I don't agree.

I believe that in our carnal state we pervert everything God supplies us with. Common sense can be used rightly when looking at creation and knowing there must be a Creator. That's me

Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 AM

605 posts, read 1,108,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am ready,willing and able if you are willing to write it?
Hmm...

Seems like I will have to do a word doc and send it via DM than to bore the masses.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times
But I've been wanting to hear, too! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity