Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM

605 posts, read 1,108,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Apparently you have read well enough to realize that many of the people of these various groups did turn back to God and many of them were murdered by their own people for doing such things as well as many split off to become another entirely different people group. Just because it is not elaborated upon or specified does not mean it did not happen.
Do you of 'many of' these people? Other than the Ninevites (as per the Bible), you know of any others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Well yes, it would explain the level of ones blindeness to the workings of God. You see we all have sin but we do not justify that sin and therefore are able to repent and break down the berrier seperating us from God. To justify a sin and continue living with it as if it were acceptable to God maintains that berrier and blinds one to understanding. But as I said, it was a stupid question, but I had to ask it.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Did somebody forget that the Holy Spirit is the One whom reaches and draws all people for the Father!
No one can say God can not reach no one..... He is omnipresence, I would never even dare say God can not reach those who are in the most remote areas of the world!
God is God! He can do anything He wants, when He wants, whenever He wants.
We can not even begin to comprehend the ways of God...... Let alone tell somebody how He would or can do it!

Isaiah 55:8-9
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Do you of 'many of' these people? Other than the Ninevites (as per the Bible), you know of any others?
In many cases slaves were taken as well as women and children. Remember some Hittites were allies to Israel, Bathsheba was married to a Hittite that served David in his militery. Many Egyptians joined the Israelites in the Exodus. Remember it wasnt just Rehab that was saved but all her family that joined her. Many Muslims are having visions and dreams of Jesus and converting. Republicans are in the same boat as the Democrates. Once someone joins a nations they are no longer considered of the original nation in the Bible unlike today we have Afro-Israeli-Iraqi-Native Americans they would have just been Americans.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
In many cases slaves were taken as well as women and children. Remember some Hittites were allies to Israel, Bathsheba was married to a Hittite that served David in his militery. Many Egyptians joined the Israelites in the Exodus. Remember it wasnt just Rehab that was saved but all her family that joined her. Many Muslims are having visions and dreams of Jesus and converting. Republicans are in the same boat as the Democrates. Once someone joins a nations they are no longer considered of the original nation in the Bible unlike today we have Afro-Israeli-Iraqi-Native Americans they would have just been Americans.
Aren't these examples of the exception and not the rule? You're using that word "many" somewhat dishonestly - intellectually that is.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Well yes, it would explain the level of ones blindeness to the workings of God. You see we all have sin but we do not justify that sin and therefore are able to repent and break down the berrier seperating us from God. To justify a sin and continue living with it as if it were acceptable to God maintains that berrier and blinds one to understanding. But as I said, it was a stupid question, but I had to ask it.
You REALLY believe this, Robin? I mean, c'mon...do you really believe this has anything to do with someone giving a sensible reply or observation?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
You REALLY believe this, Robin? I mean, c'mon...do you really believe this has anything to do with someone giving a sensible reply or observation?
When it comes to scripture yes.

As for my use of the word many go back thru the wars of the Israelites an see the numbers of slaves taken, I believe they would constitute many.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
I don't know what it matters but yes I'm gay. That was actually one of the first things that really got me questioning why I believed what used to believe. Moving on...

So if god apparently can reveal himself to anyone, anywhere in the planet there would surely be some other historic just as valid mentions of the Abrahamic god somewhere. And even if they were I doubt there would be a willingness to accept them as biblical to you christians. You might actually apply the same "they weren't there to hear it" logic that I'm using and refute any writings or stories of the Abrahamic god revealing himself and purpose in other parts of the world.

I call BS on the part of the pre-jesus Jews just getting into heaven based on their relationships with God. Didn't they have sacrifices of some sort to make? It wasn't just all based on a feeling.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I don't know what it matters but yes I'm gay. That was actually one of the first things that really got me questioning why I believed what used to believe. Moving on...

So if god apparently can reveal himself to anyone, anywhere in the planet there would surely be some other historic just as valid mentions of the Abrahamic god somewhere. And even if they were I doubt there would be a willingness to accept them as biblical to you christians. You might actually apply the same "they weren't there to hear it" logic that I'm using and refute any writings or stories of the Abrahamic god revealing himself and purpose in other parts of the world.

I call BS on the part of the pre-jesus Jews just getting into heaven based on their relationships with God. Didn't they have sacrifices of some sort to make? It wasn't just all based on a feeling.
The sacrifices was a covering of sins and boy the Jews were sinning because the temple ran blood red. Sacrifice is not forgiveness of sin because there is no amount of sacrifices that could could atone for offending an infinite God which is why Jesus who has to be- must be God is the only way. He "sacrificed" Himself for us, He is the ultimate sacrifice. His blood is sufficient enough for God to forgive us of our sins past, present and future.

I thought you knew this already since you claim to have been a "Christian" these are easy questions.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Did somebody forget that the Holy Spirit is the One whom reaches and draws all people for the Father!

Curly, I searched through all the New Testament scriptures on the Holy Spirit and can not find this scripture.
Can you give me the book, chapter, and verse for it? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity