Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times

Advertisements

yes, Jesus came looking like a normal human.
But as we know that Jesus was without sin,,,,this points out how you cant judge a book.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Then God was not Jesus...
I once heard my Bible teacher tell the class that a better reading of John 1:1 would be "God was the Word"

Old 10-23-2009, 06:06 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightuntoyou View Post
you said god deprived himself of deity, is that not the same as surrender his deity?

if not whats the difference?
No. I said that Christ simply deprived himself of the independent use of His deity.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Yet he ascended to his father and is still called Jesus which is the name of the flesh not spirit, right?
Jesus is now and will always be fully 100% human.
Now I would not want to say that the 'real" name of Jesus is how I say the word "Jesus", but aside from the different ways to say His name, it is still His name!

The humanity of Jesus is still there with the father in heaven...

Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Do you also believe that the body of Jesus is not inhabited ?
I have no idea where you got that idea?...LOL

The Body of Jesus is, His body....
Jesus is a real person.
Jesus is in heaven right now, in the flesh.

One day I too will join Jesus in heaven in the flesh

an everlasting body of flesh and bone is...."Everlasting"

Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
There is no difference..

Phil. 2:7 says the same thing as Romans 8:3- For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

He was like sinful flesh even though he refrained from sinning. There is no bad kenosis or good kenosis.. there is no kenosis period.
No, that is why He was born by means of a virgin birth, so that He could come into the world without a sin nature. ''In the likeness of sinful flesh''. He wasn't absolutely like us, in that He, and He alone was born without a sin nature.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
or are they 3 separate beings forevermore yet you say they are 1?
They are 3 separate persons.

all are called God
all are equal to each other in nature, and yet have different positions in their relationship to each other.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
yes, Jesus came looking like a normal human.
But as we know that Jesus was without sin,,,,this points out how you cant judge a book.......
Ok.. let's look at this from a sacrificial point of view.
I know its a feel good thing to suppose that your God died for you, however God does not die so there is no point in God sacrificing himself.

Also, God cannot sin, therefore there is no point in Jesus having a sinless life... not like us at all.

When God (as you say) was on the cross was he the slightest bit worried about the pain or loss of his life? Of course not! He's God so he would know that nothing would happen...

If Jesus were ONLY human he would have to TRUST in God that it would be ok. That living a sinless life and all the effort put forth would be rewarded! God dying on the cross for our sins is ridiculous! That is not a proper sacrifice in place of human sin.. you can sacrifice a deity? What would happen? He jumps back up and you get to sacrifice him again?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I once heard my Bible teacher tell the class that a better reading of John 1:1 would be "God was the Word"
Again... The word of God is in a book.. does that mean we worship a book? The word of God comes out of a burning bush.. do you worship the bush?

The word of God is in flesh, a man... does that mean you worship the man?

Do you see the dilemma..
Not to mention that Ezekiel is called the Son of Man... by GOD...
Jesus is called Son of Man, and Son of God yet the early church must've been confused:
Gal. 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

David called all prophets children of God and gods.

Yet for whatever reason, trinitarians get this notion that Jesus has to be God! Makes no sense! (to me)

Old 10-23-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I have no idea where you got that idea?...LOL

The Body of Jesus is, His body....
Jesus is a real person.
Jesus is in heaven right now, in the flesh.

One day I too will join Jesus in heaven in the flesh

an everlasting body of flesh and bone is...."Everlasting"
Then if the 3 are 1 where is the Holy Spirit? Jesus is flesh and next to God in heaven.. where is the Holy Spirit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity