Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
God is love
I am a woman, but also a wife, a sister and a daughter. Can I not be more than one thing? God is love, but He also has other characteristics that universalists overlook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 04:17 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I was thinking about this question when I was cleaning today and it makes complete sense. God created man with free will. If he only created people who were going to worship him, there would be no free will in that.

You can ask the same question- Why did God create Satan if He knew he would turn on Him? Why did God create the tree of knowledge of good and evil if he knew that Adam and Eve would eat from it? All these questions come down to free will. We have a choice to do right or wrong because God loves us so much to give us a choice. He never forces us to do anything we don't want to do.

God is AMAZING and I will praise Him forever!!
Was it Paul's "free will" that made him understand what the truth was and what Jesus and the disciples had been trying to say????

Hadn't he been KILLING THE CHRISTIANS up until the time God STRUCK HIM DOWN AND BLINDED HIM to get him to understand?

HE WAS A LEARNED MAN AND VERY EDUCATED IN THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,733 times
Quote:
I take the Bible literally.
Do you take 1 Cor. 15:20-28 literally?

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.”[a] But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

(biblegateway.com)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Do you take 1 Cor. 15:20-28 literally?

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.”[a] But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

(biblegateway.com)
Christ overcame the death that came upon the human race as a result of Adam's sin. This does not mean they are saved.

John 5:28-29 "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Old 03-26-2010, 09:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
I am a woman, but also a wife, a sister and a daughter. Can I not be more than one thing? God is love, but He also has other characteristics that universalists overlook.
Yes me too.

Justice is never overlooked, and neither is love......... for ET the everlasting gospel along with Gods love is chucked out the window and all that is left is vengeance on unbelief ---- no justice, and no good and bad deeds judged, just a casting into the lake of fire for those that do not believe. IMO

Old 03-26-2010, 09:57 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Cantwait2leave and Finn

I find it amusing that you say "I will not discuss UR anymore" then come straight back and discuss UR

Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,733 times
Quote:
Christ overcame the death that came upon the human race as a result of Adam's sin. This does not mean they are saved.

John 5:28-29 "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."
Notice that it says They that have done good....and they that have done evil. How does that fit into your belief that it's simple because all you have to do to be saved is believe?

UR doesn't teach there are no consequences for sin, but we know God and that's the reason we know He won't torture people.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,465,057 times
Quote:
Nice of him? It's justice. God never claimed to be "nice". He wiped out cities that were morally corrupt, he destroyed people in the flood. What is nice about that? God is JUST. He's WAY more than simply love. Do you let a murderer walk free? When he goes to prison, do you say, that's not nice? There are punishments for doing wrong!!
I agree . . . .

How can God burn people in a torture place forever . . . it's His business . . . .I believe he burns people in the Lake of Fire . . . . but I also accept that Hell, a place of torture is a real possibility considering the scriptures . . . either way . . . . . the truth is, the unbelievers/unsaved with suffer punishment either eternally, or for some time and then be put to their second death . . . His plan, not Yours, Mine . . . the mind of God is His.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
:hamd

Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity