Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Hey you are going to get this thread closed
MB and June both have funny bones, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
LOL 8,540,255... +1

Let me propose some common questions to get the discussion started.

1. What are we saved from if there is no hell?
2. Why did Jesus have to die if all are saved?
3. If there is no hell, then we can do whatever we want... so why follow Christ? Why the need to repent?

I will answer these later if no one else does.

(FYI if you are new to city-data, UR=Universal Reconciliation=the belief that the scriptures shows that all will ultimately be saved)
1.) The teachings of Jesus provide the way to become sin free and eradicate all sin from our souls. That is what we are saved from. Our own sins. Hell is a place as well as a condition. The condistion of our soul determines our place in the spirit world. Hell is darkness and heaven is light.

2.) Jesus did not have to die. His mission was complete before He died. What He taught is what saves us from sin. He taught Divine Love.

3.) There is a hell but hell is the condition of our souls if they do evil deeds or harm other souls without remorse. Once in the spirit world, all will have a chance to reconcile through repentance through self forgiveness and forgiveness of others. The path that Jesus spoke of through Divine Love is the "short-cut". When we ask for Divine Love, it slowly eradicates sin and the inclination to sin so that our souls become purified. This process is much quicker than repenting as taught in the bible.

In the end, hell will be closed and all that will remain is the natural love heavens and the Celestial Heavens. Divine Love gets you to the Celestial Heavens while purifying our natural love that we are born with gets you in the natural love heavens.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
hey Finn, This thread was for you
I think its clear Finn doesn't want to actually discuss UR, he just wants to complain about it. Probably because it is impossible to actually defend ET... (ok prove me wrong ETers! )

Anyway since the thread is already 32 minutes old and no ETer has asked a question yet, let me again play the part of an ETer and ask some even more basic questions and then you guys (the URers) can answer.

1. UR is false because the bible talks about hell all over the place
2. Jesus spoke about hell more often than He spoke about heaven/Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone else: ie. all the references to eternal worms, gnashing teeth, unquenchable fire, furnace of fire, hellfire, etc.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
LOL 8,540,255... +1

1. What are we saved from if there is no hell? = Eternal separation from God
2. Why did Jesus have to die if all are saved? = So His Holy Spirit would be available to us ALL within our consciousnesses.
3. If there is no hell, then we can do whatever we want... so why follow Christ? Why the need to repent? = To obtain the cover of Jesus' perfection . . . otherwise we must rely on our own works to be worthy of entrance into the kingdom.

(FYI if you are new to city-data, UR=Universal Reconciliation=the belief that the scriptures shows that all will ultimately be saved)
My answers in red. Jesus connected ALL human consciousness to God consciousness . . something we were unable to achieve on our own. This makes us all eternal and available to join God. Jesus also provides a cover under His love (grace) for those of us who can only partially be like Him in "love of God and each other." All we need to do is "repent" (replay the bad parts of our lives and ask Jesus to forgive us). Anything we do not repent of . . . we will need to have refined out of us based on our works . . . along with those who do not know of or believe in Jesus.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
LOL 8,540,255... +1

1. What are we saved from if there is no hell?

Sin and death ...

2. Why did Jesus have to die if all are saved?

All are saved BECAUSE Jesus died. His blood sacrifice WAS the price necessary for everyone to be saved ...

3. If there is no hell, then we can do whatever we want... so why follow Christ? Why the need to repent?

We love Christ and the father who sent him because they first loved us.

Those who follow Christ were chosen by God and he revealed himself to them through his son and spirit. We follow Christ because he redeemed the world and we were blessed enough to be renewed first(first fruits) among all his creation.

The same reason why i love all that is good and worthy of acceptance.

Quote:
I think its clear Finn doesn't want to actually discuss UR, he just wants to complain about it. Probably because it is impossible to actually defend ET... (ok prove me wrong ETers! )

Anyway since the thread is already 32 minutes old and no ETer has asked a question yet, let me again play the part of an ETer and ask some even more basic questions and then you guys (the URers) can answer.

1. UR is false because the bible talks about hell all over the place.

That is a false statement to begin with because the word hell is used to translate 4 different words in the original manuscripts the Hebrew word Sheol(unseen/grave), and the Greek words Hades(unseen/grave - The Greek equivalent of Sheol), tartaroo(prison of the fallen angels), and Gehenna(the valley of the sons of Hinnom, a literal place on earth that used to be a trash dump that is just outside of the city of Jerusalem).

2. Jesus spoke about hell more often than He spoke about heaven/Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone else: ie. all the references to eternal worms, gnashing teeth, unquenchable fire, furnace of fire, hellfire, etc.

That is also a false statement altogether, a flat out lie, as Christ spoke of heaven far more than any of the other places which were later translated as hell ...

Okay here's my two cents ... My answers are above in green ...

Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1. UR is false because the bible talks about hell all over the place.

That is a false statement to begin with because the word hell is used to translate 4 different words in the original manuscripts the Hebrew word Sheol(unseen/grave), and the Greek words Hades(unseen/grave - The Greek equivalent of Sheol), tartaroo(prison of the fallen angels), and Gehenna(the valley of the sons of Hinnom, a literal place on earth that used to be a trash dump that is just outside of the city of Jerusalem).

That is also a false statement altogether, a flat out lie, as Christ spoke of heaven far more than any of the other places which were later translated as hell ...

Okay here's my two cents ... My answers are above in green ...
<ET_MODE>

That's just your "non-ET" view. We all know sheol/hades is the bad compartment of "hell" where the sinners will be punished while they are awaiting the final judgment to be thrown into the lake of fire. Gehenna is referring to the lake of fire where all those not in the book of life will be tormented forever along with Satan and his minions.

Regarding point #2, sure Jesus may have only talked about the specific word "hell" a few times, but certainly He did talk about undying worms and unquenchable fire, as well as a furnace of fire where people gnash their teeth. Hell is real man, you are going to go there if you don't believe - you will be gnashing your teeth along with all the worms.

Hell is real because Jesus said its better to cut out your eye or cut off your arm than to end up in hell. I know its not pretty, but thats what the bible says so it is the truth.

</ET_MODE>

Old 04-21-2010, 03:06 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
The scriptures are there. and the word of Jesus should have precedents over UR churches, all teachers, and preachers and even other scripture that may contradict itself,,,,,,, I see that UR is to legalist and maybe to dry in the Power of Holy Spirit.......I see that UR have some truth that Jesus with the Love of God but they need to stop blaming God for the scriptures on Hell....... I see UR a to scary for my belief.... But I belief that Jesus has a plan for UR but I Do not know what it is......

Old 04-21-2010, 03:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Is this a joke to all of you? So it seems........the fruit is evident here indeed.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Is this a joke to all of you? So it seems........the fruit is evident here indeed.
Yes Please Judge yourself on this thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM

No we don't think its a joke.

Personally I see ET as a sad and evil doctrine that shamelessly reduces the love and character of God to the ravings of a madman. You might as well laugh as cry...

I am saddened that I believed in this doctrine for most of my life. I am saddened that it misleads so many and causes so much harm in the world.

ETers will never be able to explain how God being all-powerful and all-loving, can purpose or allow people to be tormented forever. They are forced to conclude either:

1. God is not all-powerful, in that man's free will frustrates God forever
AND/OR
2. God is not all-loving, in that He doesn't love those who are tormented forever (and intends for them to be tormented forever)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity