Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM

63,872 posts, read 40,149,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I wasn't here two years ago, but I completely agree with you Bud. This is most definitely NOT a Christianity forum. Universalists desire to get converts to UR instead of getting converts to Christ.
We seek to remove the lies and corruption of Jesus' message and example so more people will actually know Christ and His love for us . . . Jesus would NEVER eternally torment ANYONE for ANY REASON. So if you worship a God that would . . . you are NOT Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,197,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
From my perspective: we are losing a good sense of balance, and are now slowly, but surely, transforming and evolving into "the internet voice of UR". When I think of how it was even just two years ago...so many good people have left. It's sad...

I think it's nice that those with serious questions have some place to go. Tradition cannot answer a lot of good questions that some of us had. I was feeling rather lost and alone until I found this forum.

Jesus and the disciples reasoned with people from all walks of life. They weren't just hanging out in their own little groups confirming each others beliefs. The true church would have met in homes, and such, with each individual searching and studying the scriptures with the Spirit's help. Never were people supposed to be under ONE HUMAN in their gatherings.

To meet the average guy on their level Jesus went out and started conversations with ladies at wells, men walking down the street, and hung out at celebrations. He never scared them (just tried to terrify the religious) and never threatened to set them on fire. He just asked if they wanted to join Him in His kingdom; be a part of His reign when He came into it. Only a select few get to reign. Christians should be able to talk about these things if they wish. What I find is that Christians have become so divided that if you go onto a Christian board and try to talk about something that that particular group doesn't believe, you get surrounded by the Calvinists or the Arminians or whatever, and they say you don't have the right doctrine, and you can take the nearest exit out, or else everybody just sits on there arguing, so people that are just visiting become even more confused.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think part of this has to do with the fact that the fear behind the doctrine they all hold so tightly to does not allow them to
behave otherwise. Their god dumps them into hell for eternity for going the wrong way. Or it could just be stubborness and pride, or even fear of getting out of the comfortable and sheltering group they are a part of, which makes
them feel safe. And these are scary and unpreidctable times.

As I have said many times, the Pharisees were very educated men, and they thought they had it all figured out, but they missed LOVE Himself standing right in front of them. They never thought God would also go on to save dirty, filthy, Gentile dogs.

They did not understand "For God so loved the world," and I believe there is truly a mystery behind many Bible verses that a lot of people are still*missing.

Anyway,whatever doctrine you all hold onto, I hope it holds PLENTY of love to surround you in the coming Years.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-20-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,227,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What you are seeing in this forum is the natural result of the free speech we enjoy at city-data. When one understands the truth of UR, you want to proclaim it to the world, and there are no rules here at this forum to forbid UR vs. ET discussion. Most other Christian forums have banned or minimized UR discussion because it presents the truth and shines light on the darkness of the doctrines of eternal torment.

Thus there is a disproportionate amount of UR believers here because the topic is banned at most other Christian forums.

By the way, UR is Christian. Perhaps more so than the mainstream. Most of the mainstream (Arminian) believes Christ can only save the world if we agree to it with each individual's free will. Then the Calvinists believe Christ doesn't even want to save the whole world. While UR believes Christ came to save the world, and Christ will accomplish that feat.
You think that's why it's banned? It's banned because it's heresy!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We seek to remove the lies and corruption of Jesus' message and example so more people will actually know Christ and His love for us . . . Jesus would NEVER eternally torment ANYONE for ANY REASON. So if you worship a God that would . . . you are NOT Christian.
Of course you think this since you believe the Bible was written by savages. I pray that you will see that the Bible is the Word of God and stands the test of time (Mark 13:31) and is God breathed (2 Tim 3:16).

Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,622,279 times
Quote:
You think that's why it's banned? It's banned because it's heresy!
Not so. At CARM for instance: Every other supposedly heretical Christian belief system is freely discussed.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Not so.

Every other supposedly heretical Christian belief system is freely discussed
there.
UR is not Christian

Old 05-20-2010, 06:27 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,622,279 times
Quote:
UR is not Christian
Wicca and aliens and new age etc. are also freely discussed there

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Wicca and aliens and new age etc. are also freely discussed there
On the Christianity forum? No

Old 05-20-2010, 06:41 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,114,296 times
Quote:
UR is not Christian
CW2L, I am insulted and appalled at you for saying that. We believe that Christ is the Messiah, that He is the Son of God, that He died on the cross for the sins of mankind, that He arose, and gives eternal life. You don't believe in OSAS. Maybe you don't think it's Christian either. I don't know. But if you do believe it's Christian, why, since you could be talking to a lost sinner (in your opinion) who thinks they are eternally secure since they were at one time "saved." You should apologize. Some people here believe in annihilation. Are they Christian in your opinion, or do you think you have to believe that God will set people on fire who didn't make a wise choice in order to be a Christian?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Just IMO, an observation: this forum is evolving into a "UR" forum, away from traditional Christianity...
It is indeed, the forum has been overran by them, but the rise of false religion, or 'one world religion' which is exactly what UR is, was just a matter it time. I suggested months ago that a new sub-section should be created for UR, because it does not belong under the category of "Christianity".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity